COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Who Really Killed Jesus?

pollywogpollywog ...just because PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
From Newsweek magazine.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4212741/

Comments

• MEMMEM Banned by Admin PExer
    The Romans killed Jesus Christ.

later naging Roman Catholics.
  • omengomeng the glorious PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i am just thinkin na nagpakamatay sya.

di ba sabi inalay niya ang buhay niya alang-alang sa sangkatauhan.

therefore.. walang pumatay sa kanya.. dahil ginusto ni Papa Jesus yun. :)
  • kartoonistakartoonista Member PExer
    If you read the article Producer/Director Mel Gibson wants all audiences to get the message that we're all responsible for his death.

All others including Billy Graham and Pope John Paull II agrees with him.

omeng, allowing one's self to be killed is very different from commiting suicide. He allowed others to take it from him, it was his main mission from the beginning but he had to wait for it at the proper time. :)
    ganun ba? :) okies.. simz to me kasi na walang pinagkaiba ang pagpapakamatay ni hudas sa kanya.

yung mga taong gumawa ng lubid na naging instrumento sa pag-bigti niya ay indirectly syang pinatay.. ha ha.. weird. :)

so may main mission si Lord. cguro kung alam din ni hudas na mabubuhay syang muli.. siya na ang magpapapako para tubusin ang mananampalataya.. o kaya alam niyang mabubuhay si papa jesus ulit kaya ok lang na hudasin niya.

newei.. basta di ako kasali sa pumatay. kayo na lang.. i am no murderer. :)
  • PyrosPyros Faith Under Fire PExer
    me too :D but he could not just died hanging on a tree...tarzan regularly hang up with apes.
  • Verbl KintVerbl Kint The Usual Suspect PExer
    We did.
  • greamgream mushroom season PExer
    i wasn't there! i wasn't even born then!
  • ahmedahmed Resident Terrorist PExer
    God caused him to die
  • gordongordon student PExer
    Anyone here who can really explain the truth about the question.
  • IscharamoochieIscharamoochie Moderator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    the truth about the question depends upon the correspondence of it to reality. it is true if and only if there is X, such that X is called jesus, and that X was killed. :crazy:
  • bubuyogbubuyog buzzzzz PExer
    "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." - John 10:11

"As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

"No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."
    - John 10:15-18

"Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour." - John 12:27

"But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?" - Matthew 26:54

God initiated the plan and ultimately the order to have His begotten Son pay the price of death. The Plan of Salvation is the only source cause of Christ’s death.

If you subscribe to a Triune God and scripture that designates Christ as the Creator God, then His death was a suicide.
  • gekokujogekokujo Original Fire PExer
    last two posts: amen, and amen. no argument here, recognizing that either are mutually exclusive.

...so, conceding #2: how about Judas? murder?
    Judas it was who gave us the perfect illustration of laying one's life FOR THE WRONG REASON.
  • IscharamoochieIscharamoochie Moderator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hehe, time for the darwin awards...
  • ahmedahmed Resident Terrorist PExer
    Who killed Jesus? Nobody.

Heb 5:7

(ASV) Who in the days of his flesh, having offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and having been heard for his godly fear,
    sabi sanyo.. nagpakamatay eh.. ha ha :)
  • roelallenroelallen La Champe ?lys?enne PExer
    It's very clear what the four accounts in the Holy Bible tells us: it is not the Jews who ULTIMATELY killed Jesus, but the Roman Empire through the person of Pontius Pilate and the Roman soldiers. Jesus' wrists were not nailed by Jewish nails, neither were they beaten by Jewish hands, but by Roman nails and Roman hands. It is the Romans who killed Him, not the Jews ultimately. For although the Jewish authorities at that time sought for his arrest and his murder, yet they will not do it, neither could they, for they were after all the power and influence of the Romans and their Empire during that time.

Jesus did not die a Jewish death. Had he died a Jewish death, Christians today would not have the Cross for their symbol, but rather stones. For Jewish death means stoning to death by stones.

No, but Jesus died a Roman death, a capital punishment that was entirely the creation of the cruel genius of the Romans and their Empire, and this is the unique death by the Cross, or Crucifixion. In the final analysis, yes, indeed, the Jewish authorities, not the Jews, but just their authorities, meaning the Sanhedrin, did seek to arrest Jesus and kill Him for the puspose of silencing Him. Yet could they not do it, for they had never the means nor the power to do it. Jesus' death ultimately lay in the hands of Pontius Pilate, the Roman procurator at that time, and in his Roman soldiers who carried out Jesus' death sentence to the fullest.

I decry the utter ignorance of Mel Gibson, for giving us a misleading interpretation of the Sacred Scriptures.
    Why, what misleading scriptural interpretation did Mel Gibson make?
  • salermosalermo Lion PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by roelallen
    It's very clear what the four accounts in the Holy Bible tells us: it is not the Jews who ULTIMATELY killed Jesus, but the Roman Empire through the person of Pontius Pilate and the Roman soldiers. Jesus' wrists were not nailed by Jewish nails, neither were they beaten by Jewish hands, but by Roman nails and Roman hands. It is the Romans who killed Him, not the Jews ultimately. For although the Jewish authorities at that time sought for his arrest and his murder, yet they will not do it, neither could they, for they were after all the power and influence of the Romans and their Empire during that time.

Jesus did not die a Jewish death. Had he died a Jewish death, Christians today would not have the Cross for their symbol, but rather stones. For Jewish death means stoning to death by stones.

No, but Jesus died a Roman death, a capital punishment that was entirely the creation of the cruel genius of the Romans and their Empire, and this is the unique death by the Cross, or Crucifixion. In the final analysis, yes, indeed, the Jewish authorities, not the Jews, but just their authorities, meaning the Sanhedrin, did seek to arrest Jesus and kill Him for the puspose of silencing Him. Yet could they not do it, for they had never the means nor the power to do it. Jesus' death ultimately lay in the hands of Pontius Pilate, the Roman procurator at that time, and in his Roman soldiers who carried out Jesus' death sentence to the fullest.

I decry the utter ignorance of Mel Gibson, for giving us a misleading interpretation of the Sacred Scriptures.

Do you have any hidden motive or agenda that you want us to be misled about Mel Gibson? Have you seen his movie "The Passion of the Christ" already that you already have that conceived notion? Just asking.
  • salermosalermo Lion PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by roelallen

In other words, since you don't put blame on the Jews but the Romans, then you are scott-free.;)

All the blame is for all people whom Jesus want to save by going through all that horrible and agonizing death. It was already prohesied. So don't kid ourselves that the Romans who weren't converted to Christianity yet were the culprits. Somebody has got to do it for the prophecy to fulfill. It could have happened in the Americas amongst the Indians. But it happened among the "chosen people" where Jesus is also a member of that race which was "chosen" to finally meet his death and to resurrection.

So any blame on any particular nation or religion is just pure hogwash unless they have a hidden motive. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file