Schengen Visa questions (for touring Europe)

Comments

• TriglycerideTriglyceride keep cool my babies! PExer
    awesome!

I know the UK isn't part of the Shengen agreement, so I do need a separate visa for that.

my two possible entry points are the UK or Amsterdam. Hopefully, Amsterdam isn't so strict. I do have family there.

Do they take into consideration that you're a legal US resident?
  • MusiqueMusique Member PExer
    The 15 Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden. All these countries except Norway and Iceland are European Union members.
  • qtqtqtqt Member PExer
    hi everyone,my uncle is german and my aunt i think is a citizen. if i apply for a schengen visa will that info help me get a visa? - also we already obtained a shengen visa (plus swiss visa) last 1996 pa. will that help?

around how much in assets will i have to present?
  • boss2677boss2677 Member PExer
    french embassy can easily give you a visa especially when you are going there as a tourist... i mean you'll be the priority in the interview when you are really in a hurry, just got mine in 3 days just pay the designated amount. just apply for a multiple visa. italian embassy is strict in giving out tourist visa because dami na TNT na pinoy dun. :)
  • vandolphvandolph ay anak ni Alma Ranas. PExer
    Originally posted by qtqt
    hi everyone,my uncle is german and my aunt i think is a citizen. if i apply for a schengen visa will that info help me get a visa? - also we already obtained a shengen visa (plus swiss visa) last 1996 pa. will that help?

around how much in assets will i have to present?

Hingi ka ng invitation from your aunt or uncle. It helps.
  • torontoron deep fried PExer
    hmm.. this sounds good ah
  • Show complete itinerary....

Don't look like you're going to be a "TNT" there....

It helps if you know one of their languages....they'll make you speak it....

My friend who used to work at the Swedish Embassy says you obtain your Visa from the place you're staying in the longest. I thought it used to be place of first entry but he corrected me.

So there...

Good luck.
  • Madali lang ba ma-isyuhan ng Schengen Visa ang pinoy na nagtratrabaho sa US? Kasi sabi sa site, kailangan may reservation ng flights at hotel, e non refundable yung mga reservations nila so kung di ako maisyuhan babayaran ko pa din yung trip. So gusto ko lang malaman kung yung mga successful na nabigyan e nadalian lang sa pag-apply.

Maraming salamat at maligayang bagong taon sa lahat.
  • sleepsleep Corporate Wh0re PExer
    madali lang, basta kumpleto mo mga requirements nila.

kailangan mo din ng travel insurance with a coverage of not less than EUR 30000

i got mine last Jan 7, 2005 :D
  • sentimentssentiments certified traveholic :p PExer
    madali kaya makakuha ng schengen kung meron ka nang u.k visa?

pede bang kumuha ng schengen visa pagdating na lang ng u.k?
  • thomyorkethomyorke taga-ilog PExer
    madali ako nakakuha ng bisa ng schengen sa pasuguan ng Belgium noong taong 2000. tingin ko nakatulong yung trabaho ko sa bangko. pumunta lang ako don para humingi ng mga kailangan tapos inasikaso ko lahat tapos dinala ko don. sabi sa kin padalhan na lang ako ng sulat kung pasado ba o hindi. pagkatapos ng 3 buwan, nakatanggap ako ng sulat at pinapapunta ako don na dala na yung tiket ko na balikan. pagdating ko don, binigay ko yung tiket ko, sabi balik ako pagkatapos ng 3 araw. pagbalik ko, binigay na sa kin pasaporte ko na may bisa na. natuwa ko kasi di na ko kinausap ng konsul o kaya nagtanong man lang kung anong gagawin ko dun. onga pala, yung aplikasyon ko ay nasa ilalim ng 'bibisita ng kapamilya/kaibigan' hindi bilang 'turista'.
  • samantha_jonessamantha_jones sassy beeyatch PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ano bang requirements ng shengen? I read in a website you'd also need a US visa what if wala ka pang US visa? And how much ang show money?
  • CherieCherie Workaholic PExer
    Ano bang requirements ng shengen? I read in a website you'd also need a US visa what if wala ka pang US visa? And how much ang show money?

hmm, I not sure where you got this...but i don't think you require a US visa just to get a schengen visa... My parents and my sister applied for a schengen visa 2 years ago. all of them have a new passport and neither have visited any country outside the phils..
    well, they got approved.

about the show money? im not sure. kasi they declared my brother (who was in germany at that time) to be the sponsor.
  • TriglycerideTriglyceride keep cool my babies! PExer

it's not a requirement.
  • NerfyNerfy Member PExer
    regarding point of entry... does the country you applied for visa always have to be your point of entry? for example, if i applied in france, do i always have to enter europe through france, or for the first time only?
  • baruukabaruuka Member PExer
    i've got my schengen visa at dutch embassy,for me i didnt have much problem because my dad is a civil servant in holland(at the hague),and he does photo jobs for queen beatrix and her family,i was already granted 3 schengen visas since 1993(the first visa then was still benelux) the last one was last 2003,theyre not so strict,i wasnt interviewed either,when i filed my application i got it in two weeks.for more infos,inquire at the dutch embassy,located in kingscourt bldg,chino roces ave.makati..i've lost their contact nos.but i think you can also apply on-line,try browsing dutch embassy.
  • nantranantra Member PExer
    I want to travel with my wife for a holiday in Europe. I am a US Citizen and passport holder and she is an RP citizen and passport holder. Is there anyone with any experience in a similar situation? What is the fastest/best way for her to get a visa?
  • roguesterroguester Member PExer
    Nerfy wrote:
    regarding point of entry... does the country you applied for visa always have to be your point of entry? for example, if i applied in france, do i always have to enter europe through france, or for the first time only?

i have the same question as nerfy also.. at least how much ang nasa savings mo?
  • roguesterroguester Member PExer
    lyra wrote:
    I had my Schengen Visa interview at the French embassy recently... Make sure that wherever you are planning to get your visa, for example, French Embassy, make sure that it's your first point of entry in all Schengen countries, as reflected in your itinerary. And make sure that you'll be staying in their country the longest.

I heard of a group who's joining a tour, but they're staying longer Italy, around 8 days as compared to France which is around 6 days. They were asked by the consul to apply at the Italian Embassy instead.

oooops it hink i just got my answer... **post kasi ng post di nagbabasa eh! :bop: ** hehehehe :D

so yung show money na lang ang tanong ko :p
  • michaimichai Petiks Galore PExer
    Nerfy wrote:

not always. this only applies if you intend to travel different parts of europe and will not stay in longer in any particular country than most.

but if you will stay in one country more days than the others, then you have to apply the visa from that particular embassy.

but for example, you are applying in the french embassy and your itinerary (you need to present one to the embassy) shows that you will be entering france first but will be staying there only for 2 days. then next on your list is italy but you will be staying there for around 2 weeks. then the embassy will suggest that you apply at the italian embassy.

hope this helps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file