FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Schengen Visa questions (for touring Europe)

sentimentssentiments certified traveholic :p PExer
cno na sa inyo nakakuha na ng Schengen Visa na dito sa pinas ni-issue?

share naman kau ng "adventures" nyo habang nilalakad nyo na mabigyan kau ng Schengen Visa. mahirap ba? matagal ba? ano mga ni-require? ano mga tinanong? magkano nagastos nyo para makakuha ng Schengen Visa.

share na rin kau ng tips pano yung best o kaya pinakamadaling way para makakuha ng schengen visa...

anong country na kasali sa schengen treaty ung pedeng gawing point of entry para mas madali ka ma-issue-han ng schengen visa (kung possible man un)

baka meron din sa inyo dito na nag-honeymoon sa europe using schengen visa, share na rin kau ng experiences nyo mula sa pag-apply ng Schengen Visa dito sa pinas up to sa paggamit nyo mismo nung Schengen Visa nung nag-honeymoon kau europe....

so far eto palang nakita ko sa internet na useful:

http://www.ambafrance-ph.org/ambassad/fiche/visas.gb.html

mas ok sana kung may magse-share ng actual experiences nila....

sana may mag-reply :*)

Comments

• PearlMPearlM Member PExer
    we got our Schengen visa from the French Embassy, this was way back 1998. buong family ko kumuha. madali lang naman, sabi nila kasi pag may U.S. visa daw madali na. they asked for our itinerary and they required travel insurance. sabi 'nong kakilala namin na nagwo-work sa travel agency madali din daw kumuha sa German embassy. it was a breeze for us at the French embassy, though. but that was 6 years ago...i don't know if things have changed. btw, we have a travel agent who did the paper work for us, kaya appear na lang kami on the day of the interview.

re use of the visa while travelling, wala ako masyadong mai-share kasi sa Paris lang kami pumunta. we took the eurostar from London. di naman kami nagka-problema pagdating ng France.
  • mac326mac326 eating ice for lunch PExer
    our travel agent did the paperwork for us. sa spanish embassy naman kami kumuha. nakipag-kwentuhan lang sa amin yung consul. in fact, sya pa ang nagkukuwento at nagsusugest ng places na pupuntahan namin sa spain and portugal. super dali lang kumuha.
  • sentimentssentiments certified traveholic :p PExer
    pede malaman yung travel agency nyo? penge na rin ng contact nos..

how much yung nagastos nyo using that travel agency?
  • ZeratulZeratul Fellow PExer
    Wag ka lang magmukhang MAID or D.H. (Domestic Helper).

Pag sa EU ka mag-apply, it pays to show them that you've been traveling a lot recently on leisure or business. This indicates clearly you have the funds to spend and that your money works for you, not the other way around. It also indicates that you won't be a potential TNT, and you won't be a PAIN IN THE @$$ for their pension & Social Security System.

Show them you are very refined and familiar with their culture. DRESS WELL ON YOUR INTERVIEW. First impressions last.
  • theorytheory Member PExer
    same here, our travel agent took care of the paperwork. all we had to do was show up at the interview (well of course we had to fill the papers that had to be filled up by the applicants themselves) :D

like what they said, dress well (you don't need to be uber bonnga, just look presentable :D). and make sure that you have all the papers necessary like bank statements and such.

the interview's really very casual. they'll ask your itenerary, how much your budget is, where you'll be staying when you get there.. those kind of questions. relax lang and be confident upon answering questions.

happy travelling :p
    pano kung you'll hop from one schengen country to another,
    pano mo i-indicate yung san ka magii-stay nun? yung tipong, let's say point of entry is france tapos you'll stay there for 2 days lang kc you'll go to italy next, tapos a day or 2 ka lng din sa italy then hop again to, let's say, spain....yung ganun ba.... kc may nabasa ako na kelangan mong mag-submit ng attestation d'accueil (official proof of residence or projected residence)...... eh pano kung gusto mong maging adventurous na tipong pagdating mo sa france dun ka lang hanap ng haus para mas mura..... pede ba ung ganung reason sa consul?
  • WeAreThePExersWeAreThePExers Banned by Admin PExer
    Hi sentiments! When I was interviewed, I just told the visa officer that I was a shoestring traveler who would still look for budget to mid-range places to stay in. Kailangang mukha kang street smart. Just answer straightforwardly and honestly. Sa German embassy ako kumuha. When asked what I'd do in Germany, which was part of my itinerary, I told the officer I was intrigued by the Kriegsberg vineyards in Stuttgard (eto kasinungalingan na lang, pero alam mo 'yung tipong confident ka kunwari at marami kang alam. Hehehe). :)
    tnx sa mga replies...

ano pung mga travel agencies ung gamit nyo? how much? tsaka anu-ano ung inclusive sa fees nila?
  • istarbaksistarbaks Member ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by sentiments
    pano kung you'll hop from one schengen country to another,
    pano mo i-indicate yung san ka magii-stay nun? yung tipong, let's say point of entry is france tapos you'll stay there for 2 days lang kc you'll go to italy next, tapos a day or 2 ka lng din sa italy then hop again to, let's say, spain....yung ganun ba.... kc may nabasa ako na kelangan mong mag-submit ng attestation d'accueil (official proof of residence or projected residence)...... eh pano kung gusto mong maging adventurous na tipong pagdating mo sa france dun ka lang hanap ng haus para mas mura..... pede ba ung ganung reason sa consul?

suggestion #1
    it's better to write down your itinerary. kahit outline form:
    day 1 - paris - hotel name
    day 2 - paris - hotel name
    day 3 - milan - hotel name
    day 4 - rome - hotel name
    day 5 - madrid - hotel name
    day 6....
    suggestion #2
    make some hotel reservations. yung medyo kilalang hotels ha. you can do that online. be sure to ask for the confirmation thru fax (better kasi). usually ok lang sa mga hotel yun.
    suggestion #3
    be sure to have the proof for your transportation. plane, train seat reservations, etc. you can also do that online.
    suggestion #4
    show them the money!!! ok, mukhang kulang sa physical cash... e di show them the credit card !!!! :glee:
    suggestion #5
    show them your proof of employment.
    suggestion #6
    even if you have the intention to, DON'T even hint that you are planning on a freelance tour.
    then, kunwari nakakuha ka na ng visa...

suggestion #1
    cancel the hotel reservations... :glee: palitan nung mga mumurahing hostel :D or, gaya ng sinabi mo, dun ka na lang maghanap.
    suggestion #2
    well, you are basically free to alter your written itinerary. wala namang magchi-check sa yo dun sa pupuntahan mo eh.

ano pa ba.....
  • Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma ✭✭
    I got mine from the German Embassy. You really got to dress well kasi marami kang kasabay na err...women clutching their German husbands(-to-be).

The questions were fairly simple. What was I going to do there. Where would I be staying, etc. I said attend my cousin's graduation and do some touring. I showed them an invitation for my cousin's graduation. Tapos they asked about finances and stuff and my parent's occupation which I found weird but they asked for my dad's calling card after I said he was a diplomat.

Then they asked my what type of visa would I want. The 10 year multiple, 5-year multiple and so forth. I opted for the 1 month stay since I didn't bring enough cash that day. :lol:

But overall, it was easy. It was just hard to keep a straight face watching all those women holding on to their German husbands.
  • angstangst Member PExer
    So, basically it's easier getting a Schengen visa than a US visa? Kasi I wanted to tour Europe. I have been issued 3 US visas na. I hope that they would consider that.
    question pa ulit... pede ba kumuha ng schengen pag andun ka na sa europe?

yung kunyari meron akong visa sa switzerland tapos pagdating ko sa switzerland punta ako sa embassy ng france or italy dun sa switz tapos dun ako apply ng schengen, pede ba un?
  • istarbaksistarbaks Member ✭✭✭
    palagay ko pede. basta't meron kang maiibigay na papeles na kailangan nila. halimbawa, bigla kang hingan ng income tax return statement, or employment certificate.

para mas madali, subukan mong tawagan ang french embassy sa switzerland at directly mong tanungin kung ano ang requirements nila. kasi medyo kagaya niyan yung ginawa ko eh. i was scheduled to go to egypt pero wala na akong oras para mag-apply pa ng visa. nag-stop over lang ako sa new york (tourist visa) pero dun na ako kumuha ng visa papuntang egypt. but before going to new york, i called the consular office and asked for the requirements. syempre sinabi ko din na tourist lang ako sa usa. i submitted my application before shortly before noon and i got the visa after an hour...
    @ istarbaks... ok un ah.... 1 hr lang...
  • dcharmed3dcharmed3 Member PExer
    Di kasama U.K. sa schengen visa.

We tried getting our schengen visa sa French embassy sa London dati pero di kami pinayagan kasi less than a month na lang daw kaming puwedeng mag stay sa U.K.(based sa date na nakatatak sa passport)
  • The easiest way to do this is through a travel agency. We got ours that way. Just make sure you have enough dough because it doesn't come cheap. If I remember it correctly, it's roughly P8000 per passenger just to get the visas done. I forget.

Anyway, just make sure you have supporting documents because this is very important. If this is the first time you're travelling outside of Asia, I hope you've travelled extensively within. It's not important but it helps that you've already visited the US.

It's interesting to note though that the US Embassy is more paranoid about probable TNTs more than the EU.

:cool:
  • benchwarmerbenchwarmer DNP - CD ✭✭
    Got our Schengen Visa from the Italian Embassy (last 2000). Relatively easy since we booked on a packaged tour, that takes care of the itenerary, hotel reservations and transportation.

Of course, you have to submit proof of income and all the usual personal documents. Just convince them that you're not going TNT, much like applying for US visa.

Sa port of entry (English Channel ferry crossing in Calais, France) tiningnan lang yung visa, wala man lang tinatak. Sayang, wala tuloy akong ebidensya.
  • crescentcrescent spoiled brat PExer
    I got my schengen visa from the italian embassy. This was way back in 2000. big mistake. sobrang hassle yung naging experience namin kasi madaming tao at naging matagal yung processing. tapos twice pa kami pumunta. i heard mabilis lang sa french embassy.
  • ToryoToryo ~u~ PExer
    Originally posted by sentiments
    question pa ulit... pede ba kumuha ng schengen pag andun ka na sa europe?

yung kunyari meron akong visa sa switzerland tapos pagdating ko sa switzerland punta ako sa embassy ng france or italy dun sa switz tapos dun ako apply ng schengen, pede ba un?

sentiments,

mahirap yan gagawin mo. they don't usually give out visas unless you are a resident there.
    kung pumayag man sila, like what my cousin did 2 yrs ago, magpapadala pa sila ng fax punta sa embassy nila sa pinas para iconfirm residency mo.
    lalo pa ngayon, dahil nasa terrorist list ang pinas, dati kaming mga resident dito sa swiss nakakakuha ng visa in 1 day, ngayon min of 2wks na at ang wait time namin dahil nga sa confirmation na yan....
  • soulthirdsoulthird It Ain't Worth It PExer
    uhm magkano ba dapat budget ? say a 2 week tour in 3 countires... any rough estimates?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file