Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

What makes you proud to be Thomasian?

starczamorastarczamora Sissie DaToic PEx Moderator
Lack of Thomasian has been a major problem in our school (let's admit it). Pero for me, in my six years sa USTe, I can still say that I'm proud to be a Thomasian:

* Advertising students (AB) in UST were taught through application, not through theorems that UP and Ateneo are good at. That is why kapag may Ad competitions, laging may edge ang sa UST because in touch with the market and to reality.

* UST has been a harvesting field of Philippine presidents, Supreme Court justices, politicians, and countless heroes and personalities. Other school can only pride themselves as a quagmire of dictators, communists, and atheists.

* At the workforce, Thomasians perform at par, if not better, with graduates who paid thrice our tuition fee.

* Salinggawi Dance Troupe and UST Action Singers.

Comments

• nothing. i'm not proud to be a thomasian. there. i said it.
  • I am extremely proud to be a Thomasian and I agree with everything that starczamora said. However, the most important reason why I am a proud Thomasian is the Dominican style of Education that encourages you to pursue the truth. This is the reason why UST graduates in any field or profession are a cut above the rest.
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i'm ok on being a thomasian. i made the best out of my stay in ust (this is what i'm proud of).
  • eh? too many deluded people in the world. still not proud to be a thomasian.
  • hanskyuthanskyut PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by prinsesa_ako
    eh? too many deluded people in the world. still not proud to be a thomasian.
    :confused:
  • baby_07baby_07 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    whta's wrong with being a Thomasian prinsesa_ako?
  • I dunno about prinsesa_ako, but I also know a few who are not that proud of being Thomasians, but I guess they have their reasons.
    I'm proud to ba a Thomasian because of the Thomasian character that is mostly identified with the alumni, and even the students. Humility inspite of the achievements, thats what I'm proud of. Personal opinion po.
  • minsan pansin ko lang, nakakairita din yung pagiging sobrang proud. yung tipong wala na sa lugar... hehehehe....
  • baby_07baby_07 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ako rin. Very proud to be a Thomasian. Sympre we have to be grateful of holding this Thomasian spirit. Remember the 3 Cs..Compassionate, Committed, Competent..:) *okay*
  • I say I'm a Thomasian, not I'M A THOMASIAN!!!:glee:

I don't join school bashing, very pointless kasi. I don't flaunt it din sa mga tao. Wala lang, para ka naman kasing ewan nun kung super pinagmamalaki mo school mo to everyone. :glee: You can only prove your school's worth and what it gave you pag-graduate mo na.

I'm just glad maraming opportunities for UST grads. I guess it's the legacy na rin.
  • Susana Macapagal, Reynaldo Lopez, Neil Satoquia, Reynald Trillana, Joselito Zulueta and Robert Roque.

UST's powerhouse faculty members, my second parents.

;)
  • I'M A THOMASIAN!

wala kasing school na guso tumanggap sa isang alien from another planet na tulad ko...

:turncat:
  • Hi, Just wanna add something in here.

it depends, kaya lang UST is Underrated eh.. I know some Thomasians who, in the first place are not even proud that they graduated from UST. (like for an instance, my Tito and my Mother)

They rather choose to send their children to De La Salle or The Ateneo because of the name and prestige (except of course for those courses which in the 1st place UST is known for like "All Pre-Med courses, Medicine, architecture/fine arts and accounting")
  • choy_zeechoy_zee PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just to name a few:
    UST Singers (It's such an honor to be once part of UST Action Singers before they became known as UST Singers. Thanks, Sir Fidel! :) )
    UST Tigers Basketball Team
    UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe
    UST Teatro Tomasino

Nobody's perfect. We are not perfect.
    We may not be the best but I am certainly one proud THOMASIAN! *okay* *okay* *okay*

=======================

http://choyzee.blogspot.com
  • kydlatmijareskydlatmijares PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Im proud of the main building's beautiful architecture.

thats it!
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I love the culture it promotes among students.
  • Probably almost every aspect of being a Thomasian makes me proud to be one... :D

like clawed_out said, the culture it promotes to the students... the melting pot that molds students in a unique manner, plus the principles and values that is absorbed by the mere whole thomasian community.

the competitive school spirit, the gorgeous campus atmosphere, the great alumni and faculty... although masasabing may flaws or whatsoever, wala namang maicconsider as perfect di ba?

but still i don't have the right to flaunt it to everyone...
    ilang taon pa ang kailangan para makagraduate at maging isang fulfilled THOMASIAN... *okay*
  • zacharaiolsenzacharaiolsen PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    after graduation, i have met many Thomasians at different points in my lifetime. When i entered the working world and changed careers, or went to different places abroad, i realized some things that are common among us, generally.

most, if not all, are successful in their chosen careers. they are happy and contented with their lives. they are hospitable, down to earth, very humble, and can blend well with different types of people. most of all, Thomasians are very truthful and God-fearing.

saying that all Thomasians have all these traits would be a lie, perhaps i'm just blessed to have this as my personal experience. its not the school's rich history or unending achievements that i am more proud of, but the values that are unconsciously learned by the thomasian community.

we've always been proud of our university, i guess it's time we realize why it should be proud of us.

off topic: i know a school, and their alumni is almost the total opposite of everything i said above. its so true that i don't even need to tell what school that is!
  • krikrikrikri 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    after graduation, i have met many Thomasians at different points in my lifetime. When i entered the working world and changed careers, or went to different places abroad, i realized some things that are common among us, generally.

most, if not all, are successful in their chosen careers. they are happy and contented with their lives. they are hospitable, down to earth, very humble, and can blend well with different types of people. most of all, Thomasians are very truthful and God-fearing.

saying that all Thomasians have all these traits would be a lie, perhaps i'm just blessed to have this as my personal experience. its not the school's rich history or unending achievements that i am more proud of, but the values that are unconsciously learned by the thomasian community.

we've always been proud of our university, i guess it's time we realize why it should be proud of us.

off topic: i know a school, and their alumni is almost the total opposite of everything i said above. its so true that i don't even need to tell what school that is!

well said! :bop:
  • I'll always be thankful to my alma mater :love:

Kung mga di proud dyan eh sana dun na lang kayo sa kabilang school kung saan kayo belong :lol: