FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Should the PBA expand?

thescenethescene Member PExer
What do you guys think?? With a lot of players not getting drafted or signed, do you think it's time for the league to expand? Should they keep up the current number so that only the best of the best players will play in the league?

Comments

• ateneo10ateneo10 buying Magic cards PM me PExer
    Originally posted by thescene
    What do you guys think?? With a lot of players not getting drafted or signed, do you think it's time for the league to expand? Should they keep up the current number so that only the best of the best players will play in the league?

the pba seems to think so. the board last year approved the expansion of up to twelve teams for the league.

once interested, the lamoiyan group as well as the yu group have had a drop in fervor as for as joining the pba is concerned...

the pba says that there are four major firms interested in joining.

but, with the trying economic times, tingin ko stir lang yun... IMO lang...
  • nastransnastrans pinoybasebol.wordpress.co m PExer
    I think the PBA should put expansion at this time, with the influx of players going to the league annually, minsan ung ibang may talent nababaon lang. Pero agree din ako dun sa last post regarding sa economic times, companies might see na hindi muna nila priority ang pagsali sa liga.
  • dingclancy23dingclancy23 Member PExer
    nah.. if they wanna expand they should expang to 16 teams na..... something like that and think hard about the format and the scheduling... nakakapagod ang mga changes sa pba...... wlaang stability....
  • mintymalonemintymalone The dynamite PExer
    i don't think so
    improve the quality of the games and their ratings before thinking of adding new teams
  • galactus28galactus28 Banned by Admin PExer
    they should expand ang daming talented players who aren't in the league but wala silang team mapasukan
  • DeadPoet062783DeadPoet062783 Expecto Patronum! PExer
    Originally posted by mintymalone
    i don't think so
    improve the quality of the games and their ratings before thinking of adding new teams

i agree....pero good idea ung magdagdag ng teams kung iaadopt nila ung nba season format
  • peejay1phpeejay1ph Member PExer
    oo nga naman 2 conferences na naman sila 1 long all-filipino and a reinforced conference.......sayang ibang players na may potential
    Originally posted by mintymalone
    i don't think so

to improve game quality, hindi puedeng may isang team na papasok sa finals four straight times, three in a year.

too monotonous...

if they had more teams and a calendar which is more respectable than the three conference season...

yun puede sa quality improvement...

on ratings: put in more teams, less monoteneity, more hits from tv screens round the metro.

tingin ko lang...
    Originally posted by peejay1ph
    oo nga naman 2 conferences na naman sila 1 long all-filipino and a reinforced conference.......sayang ibang players na may potential

this year lang yan may reinforced right?

kasi yung second conference na regular will be the two week invitationals? (the other being the all filipino)

tama ba?
    Originally posted by dingclancy23
    nah.. if they wanna expand they should expang to 16 teams na..... something like that and think hard about the format and the scheduling... nakakapagod ang mga changes sa pba...... wlaang stability....

16 teams?

the pba is an ad business for teams.

with 16 teams, that's too little airtime for the other terams, which means that the board will vehemently reject the notion.

its an ok idea, but it isn't very feasible...

i think that they can work their way around the 12 team thing better than propose a 16 team league...
    i'm not sure....all i know is the all-filipino will be very long(ala NBA na rin ata)
    Originally posted by peejay1ph
    i'm not sure....all i know is the all-filipino will be very long(ala NBA na rin ata)

ako sure din ako dun.

pero sa swapang na team owners, hindi ata kasya yung one trophy for the year.

so they had to put another conference, but long ones hurt the pba, they figure.

so pagkaalam ko they retain the invitationals...
  • nerdoxnerdox Member PExer
    ateneo10: Have to agree that it is just not feasible. Pera at Pulitika. Typically Pinoy. :(
    invitationals will be fine i think as long as the foreign teams they will invite are strong as well!!
  • FortuneFortune Banned by Admin PExer
    best time in 2005
    since no draft will happen from now until then
    by 2005 there will be an abundant pool of players

ADD 2 TEAMS
  • unportunport Member PExer
    pwede na nga siguro 12 teams... considering they are decreasing the number of conferences in one year..pwede na...plus hindi lahat ng potential ng players nailalabas kasi ngayon miski superstar na babangko na din...

expand na...kahit 20 teams... basta maganda packaging and promotions (among others)... i think it would be interesting to see the young guns now battle the veterans...

sana lahat ng players may opportunity to strut their wares in the hardcourt
    cguro start w/ 2 expansion teams.....then 1 team every 1 or 2 years
  • lovejoneslovejones living the martini life ✭✭
    not at this time because attendance is shrinking. looking at it from an economic standpoint, di puwede talaga. bakit ka magpapalago ng negosyo kung wala namang pumapasok na pera sa kaban mo?
  • piranha_888piranha_888 Member PExer
    Originally posted by lovejones
    not at this time because attendance is shrinking. looking at it from an economic standpoint, di puwede talaga. bakit ka magpapalago ng negosyo kung wala namang pumapasok na pera sa kaban mo?

pba = new teams = pay membership fee = more money for the league

new teams = more excitement = more fans + more games = increased gate receipts

expansion is definitely feasible especially now that we have a lot of talents..not only from uaap and ncaa..but also fil-ams..
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs d ko hilig PExer
    gawin na lang kayang regional yung PBA? :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file