Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure

California lifestyle

Guys, we're migrating to LA in a few months, and am not really yippie-yay on the idea. I'll miss the country, for sure.

Maybe you can share some ideas on how California lifestyle is..and what aspects of the LA lifestyle is somehow familiar to how we go through everyday life here in the phils....

something to make me smile lang for tonight=)

Comments

• Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    it's the boob job capital of the world :lol:
  • "boob job?" what do you mean by that?
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    it means you'll see a lot of women with fake boobs.
  • vain people huh?
    how bout day-to-day activities?
  • doc_irenedoc_irene PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    dami filipino stores kaya di mo mamimiss mga pinoy food...syempre dami din pinoy ;)
  • heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    California is a state with a diverse population. I don't think there is one single lifestyle that describes how Californians live. Plus, how much money you make pretty much determines what kind of lifestyle you will have. People who live in Beverly Hills or Malibu live differently than someone who lives in, let's say, Glendale.
  • The Bay Area has pretty much a totally different lifestyle than SoCal.

There are so many transplanted EastCoasters in Nothern Cali that it can be considered as a Wannabe NYC much to many peoples' chagrin.
  • I dont think there is a "California" lifestyle. Kung ano ang trip mo, gawin mo.

Advantage is, the USA as a whole is way bigger in size thus there are more opportunities- recreational, job, travel, etc etc etc.
  • DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Expert 🎖️
    What's California lifestyle? Oops! Damn! I live in California and I don't have a prticular lifestyle. Any chances lifestyle police will come and arrest me? :lol:
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    masaya sa LA dahil marami pinoy sa LA, kahit saan ka pumunta may pinoy, parang hindi ka na rin umalis sa pinas
  • Dunedain: you didn't get your boobjob yet? That's a shame! :lol:
  • LA style is an oxymoron.
  • DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Expert 🎖️
    Originally posted by f0r5aK3n
    Dunedain: you didn't get your boobjob yet? That's a shame! :lol:

Nope. A shaved head and a pair of tits don't go well with me. Otherwise, Sinead O'Connor will beat the living daylights out of me. By any chance I do pass, I wouldn't be posting in here, but more on the forums of Playboy - hell, maybe them troops might ask for a date. Come to think of it, when has a geek been given a boob job? :glee:
  • whew, pretty active yet casual lifestyle eh? haha. neway, how bout "groups" or niches? are there distinct groups that can be identified solely with calif? like here in the phils, the "libis" people, the "gym people", etc. =)

guys, you're helping me a lot=) i think i would not miss the phils that much hehe.
  • Originally posted by tr|n|ty
    LA style is an oxymoron.

an oxymoron?=) interesting insight...how come?
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    there is a large filipino community in certain places in LA like Artesia and Torrance. Doon you will feel more at home than say sa Hollywood or Echo park malapit sa downtown, marami Mexicano dun.
    Actually sa Koreatown maraming Koreano, pero dumadami na rin ang pinoy doon. Pag nandun ako parang bawa't restaurant at fast food na kinakainan ko,maraming pinoy ang nagtratrabaho dun. Minsan nga akala ko mexicano eh tapos bigla na lang mag-ta-tagalog. Ang okey dun eh minsan, pag nalaman nilang pinoy ako, bibigyan pa nila ako ng libreng hamburger eh *okay*
  • I miss California! Particularly LA. But I don't think I can stay there longer than a 2-month vacation.
  • Learn to speak Espa?ol. Go to the nearest DMV there and get the driver's handbook to introduce yourself to a concept foreign to us pinoys -- traffic rules and regulations. Para di ma-homesick, subscribe agad sa TFC! Good luck!
  • california's cool. LA has lotsa clubs. lots of pinoys rin so u really won't get homesick. get crazy n hv fun :blowsmoke:
  • Originally posted by maia_lei
    whew, pretty active yet casual lifestyle eh? haha. neway, how bout "groups" or niches? are there distinct groups that can be identified solely with calif? like here in the phils, the "libis" people, the "gym people", etc. =)

guys, you're helping me a lot=) i think i would not miss the phils that much hehe.

I'm not sure about the "pretty active yet casual lifestyle" part. In terms of work, how "casual" your work life will be will depend on the industry that you're in. To the extent that California was the home of many startup e-commerce companies in the dot.com boom, then a casual lifestyle may have prevailed in these kinds of companies where entrepreneurship is a must. However, if you are working in a conservative industry such as banking, then the work environment won't be as casual no matter what state you work in.

Outside of work, it's really up to the person to determine what kind of a lifestyle he/she would like to live. One can have a "casual" lifestyle in the East Coast provided that he/she has sufficient free time and finances, or have less of a casual lifestyle in California if one must work long hours.

If there's one thing I distinctively remember about SoCal/LA, it's the predictable weather. No need to worry how many layers of sweaters to wear, or whether to bring an umbrella to work.

Personally, I prefer Costa Mesa over LA.