PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

What's the recent PBA draft's biggest mistake?

cookiemancookieman Member PExer
i thought the 2004 draft pool is among the deepest in recent years. but why were there only 27 draftees out of a possible 46? which undrafted ones do you think should have been drafted? which teams drafted someone who they don't really need?

as for me, the biggest mistake of the teams were passing up on the like of lou gatumbato, arnold booker and jam alfad...

how 'bout yours?

Comments

• ALvsALvs Just Another Game PExer
    booker?:lol:

his biggest mistake was trying to enter the pros without having proved anything in the amateur ranks..
  • bonafide31bonafide31 Member PExer
    definitely gatumbato, micheal and fasano.
  • boost69boost69 Member PExer
    oo nga mas magaling pa c gatumbato kesa k quimpo. kung sa bagay kaya lang naman na-draft c quimpo e dahil k joel banal. sayang din yung 2 fil-ams, si michael at si fasano.
  • KARTOGKARTOG Member PExer
    Lyndon Lagat

When the announcer introduced him in the rookie camp as THE MESSIAH and he protested thinking he was labeled as DA BISAYA...
  • dayspindayspin epal is my name PExer
    LAGAT! IS THE MAN!

.... HMMM :lol:
  • ateneo10ateneo10 buying Magic cards PM me PExer
    Originally posted by cookieman
    as for me, the biggest mistake of the teams were passing up on the like of lou gatumbato, arnold booker and jam alfad...

alfad is a 6'2 pf. not much you can do about that.

booker is a 5'9 off guard, while gregorio struggled to make 6'0 castillo a pont guard. you get it.

gatumbato is a better version of booker.
    Originally posted by boost69
    oo nga mas magaling pa c gatumbato kesa k quimpo.

there is ABSOLUTELY no question that one-on-one, gatumbato is more talented and will cream quimpo anyday.

BUT, quimpo did give the eagles a 5-0 w/l record when he quarterbacked for the injured tenorio on our way to a crown.

with tenorio, we were 4-5.

tenorio will also cream quimpo anyday, but who did what?

similar case to quimpo and gatumbato.
  • yappie_du18yappie_du18 Member PExer
    definitely jam alfad, kulang kasi sa exposure
  • dedandzdedandz agent 42 code 17-7 PExer
    PBA is different from the UAAP, i dnt expect quimpo to get that much playing time, that is kung makakuha nga siya ng kontrata.. hmm..
  • sugarfinneysugarfinney sugarfinney PExer
    pero kahit ano pang sabihin natin, nadraft pa din si quimpo, and banal naman si not stupid to draft him kung alam nyang wala syang macocontribute talaga sa team. give the guy a break please, let him show whatever he can. i believe quimpo can prove himself! ;)
  • ONE_BlG_FARTONE_BlG_FART One Big Fart! PExer
    Originally posted by sugarfinney
    pero kahit ano pang sabihin natin, nadraft pa din si quimpo, and banal naman si not stupid to draft him kung alam nyang wala syang macocontribute talaga sa team. give the guy a break please, let him show whatever he can. i believe quimpo can prove himself! ;)

They're both stupid!

Quimpo won't even make the team. Di nga makapasok sa PBL, sa PBA pa! Naawa lang si Banal kaya na draft para di mapahiya. Pustahan pa tayo!
    Originally posted by yappie_du18
    definitely jam alfad, kulang kasi sa exposure

hirap gawing kahit anong hindi power forward si alfad eh. at 6'2, well, undersized.
    Originally posted by sugarfinney
    banal naman si not stupid to draft him kung alam nyang wala syang macocontribute talaga sa team

banal was not looking for a contributor. just an alternate in case one of their fab four, particularly jimmy, gets injured.

if quimpo gets an offer sheet, masaya na dapat siya and maybe you can say banal expected something from him.
    Originally posted by ONE_BlG_FART
    They're both stupid!

so quimpo, who led ateneo to a 5-0 win/loss slate as a starting pg, is stupid...

ok...

and banal, who has rings in the pbl, uaap and pba, is also stupid...

whatever you say...
  • ONE_BlG_FARTONE_BlG_FART One Big Fart! PExer
    Originally posted by ateneo10
    so quimpo, who led ateneo to a 5-0 win/loss slate as a starting pg, is stupid...

ok...

and banal, who has rings in the pbl, uaap and pba, is also stupid...

whatever you say...

I dont wanna call you stupid as well but with that kind of reasoning..... :rolleyes:
  • kennsterkennster Member PExer
    yeah, i think it's obvious naman na banal drafted quimpo not because of his talent.. ika nga eh, ayaw ni banal na mapahiya ang isa sa mga anak-anakan niya sa ateneo.. :)
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink panda is going to eat you ✭✭✭
    *okay*
  • master_slavemaster_slave Member PExer
    kung mabigyan kontrata si epok quimpo dapat sa kanya bumili ng sangkatutak na salonpas pantapal sa pangupo niya hahahahhaa.....
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus ✭✭✭
    I call it the 4H:

1. Holding the draft on a Friday

2. Having a live show band at the venue

3. Honeyshots

4. Hans Montenegro

Stick to basketball okay! :rolleyes:
  • Agree! *okay*

They are trying TOO much para lang sumikat ulit. hay, blame the events organizer. :rolleyes: :glee:

:dj:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file