Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure

Cheap Airfare?!?

what plane carrier sells cheap airfare to new zealand? tnx.

Comments

• I'm conducting a study re. domestic air transportation. I would like to know how much a person would pay (1-way) to ride the plane instead of taking a car or tourist bus. Let's use popular destination routes such as Manila-Baguio, Manila Laoag, Cagayan do Oro-Davao, Davao-GenSan, etc. Your replies would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • rabbaddal - don't you think you think that consulting with the airlines instead of with the passengers will give you a better (and more accurate) idea on how much plane tickets cost? There are websites gallore - try http:www.philippineairlines.com
  • Originally posted by lite
    rabbaddal - don't you think you think that consulting with the airlines instead of with the passengers will give you a better (and more accurate) idea on how much plane tickets cost? There are websites gallore - try http:www.philippineairlines.com

I am aware of how much the airlines charge. What I am asking for is how much people are willing to pay to exchange a bus or car ride for air travel.

To put it another way, if a person had an option/preference to take a 6+ hour car drive from Manila to Baguio (or Davao to CDO / Davao to GenSan / etc.), how much would he/she be willing to pay to travel by air instead? Given that there is still a significant number who prefer to travel by car or bus, I don't think the present rates charged by airlines is an accurate indication of how much people are willing to pay.
  • wala bang sample kung magkano gastos pag by bus or by plane from those places?
  • Originally posted by hanskyut
    wala bang sample kung magkano gastos pag by bus or by plane from those places?

Actually I've dug up the bus fares for certain destinations, but it's hard to put a value on car travel. Plus, I'm assuming that land travellers are willing to pay a little premium to exchange the long car/bus ride for a plane ride.
  • it would be much better if you check with travel agencies instead of going direct with the airlines. travel agencies can give a much wider variety of airfares for different airlines not to mention that its also much cheaper.
  • Originally posted by rabbaddal
    I am aware of how much the airlines charge. What I am asking for is how much people are willing to pay to exchange a bus or car ride for air travel.

To put it another way, if a person had an option/preference to take a 6+ hour car drive from Manila to Baguio (oshe be willing to pay to travel by air instead? Given that there is r Davao to CDO / Davao to GenSan / etc.), how much would he/still a significant number who prefer to travel by car or bus, I don't think the present rates charged by airlines is an accurate indication of how much people are willing to pay.

most people including mewould rather take the land trip for two main reasons: cost and safety.
  • moonshinemoonshine PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i would be willing to shell out extra PPP to take a plane ride instead of going by boat and land

for example, im trying to arrange a trip to el nido, and to get there i would have to ride a plane, then take a bus/jeep, then take a boat ride.

plane ride = 5400++ roundtrip (to either puerto prinsesa or busuanga)
    land= 350 to 500/person
    boat ride = 2000 to charter a boat
    the above will take me at least 6 hours to complete...from manila to el nido
    net cost per person, roundtrip: 5400+1400+800= 7600

vs. plane ride direct to el nido:
    P 8,800 roundtrip (via a. soriano aviation)
    1hour and 15min travel time

personally, i would rather take the plane ride and pay the additional P1200 est. additional cost... saves energy and time: since i only have 3 days for vacation. i don't want to spend 12 hours "on the road" ---6 hours papunta at pabalik, kahit maganda ang scenery, nakakapagod pa rin iyon.