Same Sex Marriage

md100303md100303 Member PExer
is there a place where we (lesbian couples) can exchange vows? i mean, where we can get 'married'?

hmmm...goodluck sa bill on same sex marriage!

Comments

• wonderloowonderloo - The Greatest Butch - PExer
    hope this becomes really legal here sa phils.

legal, in terms that the cardinal approves it, priests too, etc.

wow, that would be some day.

yeah, is there a place here? hmmm... ?!?
    if you guys know any place here in phils where this could happen, pls keep us posted.

i am also interested.

thanks guys.
  • MymnoseneMymnosene WiccanKitten PExer
    sorry to dissapoint, but the Philippines is a long way away from this ever happening. There is no bill to legalize same-sex unions, and the bill for equal employment rights is having a hell of a time getting enacted.

there are, however, places where you can exchange vows. The Order of St Aelred and the MCC Church are religious communities that are pro-"marriage", or commitment ceremonies. Wiccan practitioners can also conduct ceremonies, as the religion recognizes all love and commitment as binding. The Church does not recognize the MCC or OSAe's ceremonies as binding, but hey, faith-faith na lang.

However, the law does not recognize either ceremony and does not grant partners the rights usually given to couples who are married, such as next of kin status.

hay. the road is long.
    yes indeed the road is long Mymnosene.

well, if indeed there is a same sex marriage, another big step to accomplish first is to find and have the right person as to whom you would commit your life too.

hay that is a longer road.
  • mac326mac326 eating ice for lunch PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i am more interested in legal marriages. i believe me and my partner deserve the same benefits as hetero couples receive. kumbaga icing on the cake na lang yung ceremonies.

yun nga lang, i don't think this is gonna happen here.
    there are ways to mimic the legalities, mac326. It a difficult undertaking, but it's well worth it.
  • feMiNisTa_akofeMiNisTa_ako Member PExer
    i don't think the philippine gov't will even come close to legalizing same-sex marriage...at least not in our lifetime...even sa states right now its a very controversial issue...personally, and speaking as a straight person, i believe that same-sex marriage should be permitted...

punta na lang kayo sa canada to get married :)
  • Soltero_22Soltero_22 El Soltero PExer
    As long as Catholicism will be the prominent religion in our land, same sex marriages will never come to pass. Even though there is the seperation of Church and State, the influence of the priests and bishops is so strong that politicians wouldnt dream of crossing them by legalizing a bill allowing same sex marriage.

Personally, theres no need naman talaga to get married. I mean, im a discreet gay guy, doing almost everything discreet men do, but Im still a practicing Catholic. In our religion, what I am is not right in the eyes of God. But still he still grants me His grace and blessings. For me, that would be an insult to God Himself if we get married in a Catholic ceremony or in any other way pa.

Being acknowledged legally would suffice na.
  • krucialkeys10krucialkeys10 I am air PExer
    im sorry pero how can there be a God that would create a gay person and prohibit him from practicing a right that has been practiced long b4 by heteros..you cannot fully believe in same sex marriage if you are catholic..is dat it?
    if our clamor is loud enuff from here to bhagdad then we we'll be heard..
    The ultimate goal of getting married for the Church is to build a family. Produce children. Hence the passage "Go forth and multiply". How can to gay men or women PRODUCE an offspring of their their very own? If you are Catholic, you should know this
  • WINDOWSWINDOWS Member PExer
    gays/lesbians can produce an offspring of their own through artificial insemination and surrogacy arrangements. If procreation is required to marry couples, then sterile couples, old couples and couples that are capable of producing children but want to remain childless shouldn't be allowed to get married by the church.
    its not a requirement, its the ultimate goal of getting married. The Catholic Church upholds the family. A father, mother, and children. Thats why they wont ever acknowledge same sex marriages. A man can never be a mother, a woman can never be a father. Yes, they can live the role or act as a mom or dad, but its not the same.
  • krucialkeys10krucialkeys10 I am air PExer
    adoption i'v read can sorta mimic that of a marriage..im not sure though
    Originally posted by Soltero_22
    its not a requirement, its the ultimate goal of getting married. The Catholic Church upholds the family. A father, mother, and children. Thats why they wont ever acknowledge same sex marriages. A man can never be a mother, a woman can never be a father. Yes, they can live the role or act as a mom or dad, but its not the same.
    yeah, but as they pointed out, the goal is simply to have children. How many kids raised by hets are screwed up because they were BAD PARENTS? The church doesn't even say anything about that. For them, you make a kid, you can put it out on the streets and work for you because they're your property. Nothing about treating them like human beings. That's NOT about being a good mother and father - it's about being RABBITS.

Man=father and Woman=mother are only biological roles. Sinasabi mo bang ang batang pinalaki ng amang lassenggo at nabubugbog ay mas pinagpala kaysa isang batang pinalaki ng single parents? Been there, done that, ANG SAYA-SA-F*****G-YA!

yes, i am bitter.
  • code4thyearcode4thyear [ sutil ] PExer
    Originally posted by Mymnosene
    yeah, but as they pointed out, the goal is simply to have children. How many kids raised by hets are screwed up because they were BAD PARENTS? The church doesn't even say anything about that. For them, you make a kid, you can put it out on the streets and work for you because they're your property. Nothing about treating them like human beings. That's NOT about being a good mother and father - it's about being RABBITS.

Man=father and Woman=mother are only biological roles. Sinasabi mo bang ang batang pinalaki ng amang lassenggo at nabubugbog ay mas pinagpala kaysa isang batang pinalaki ng single parents? Been there, done that, ANG SAYA-SA-F*****G-YA!

yes, i am bitter.

the being of the parent is another story Mymnosene . Soltero's point is the construction of the normal family and not the way these parents bring up their children.
  • code4thyearcode4thyear [ sutil ] PExer
    Originally posted by Mymnosene
    Man=father and Woman=mother are only biological roles...

it's more of biological when you understand the joy/pain of responsibility being a parent. it's a fulfillment actually. A parent does it not because he/she needs to do it but he/she feels the happiness in doing it because he can feel someone is benefiting from it. it is not a question if their children will appreciate the whole sacrifice. What matters is they overcome the hardship being a role model parent and at the same time a friend to their kids. it's not easy.

if this world would have only biological parents, we would have a society lower than the class of the street dogs.
  • kiddo_516kiddo_516 Member PExer
    marriage is a celebration of the love two people have for each other. its something that should apply regardless of sexual orientation. procreation is not the b all and end all of marriage because otherwise impotent or infertile heterosexual couples should be denied marriage too since they cannot procreate. i still dont see anything wrong with two men or women getting married as long as they do it for love and commitment and not just to create a statement to the rest of the world.
  • C.I.C.C.IC.I.C.C.I Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think theres this church at Tondo....

MCC...........
  • firewomynfirewomyn Bisexual and Monogamous PExer
    i believe it's unfair to label homosexual families as "not normal". if two men ow womyn cannot be considered a family, how about single parents or couples with no children?

have they not succeeded in making their own families by being in supportive and loving relationships?

please enlighten me on your views.
    yeah...WHAT IS NORMAL, by the way?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file