Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure

Hongkong, Korea, Tokyo?? Shopping Galore

Aside from the Philippines which is better to shop? Hongkong, Korea, Tokyo. Ung maganda styles, from the latest trends.:D Ung pang artista ung mga clothes naks nyahaha:yum: If ever i'll go to hongkong, korea, tokyo? ano meron dun? saan maganda magshop

Comments

• BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Malaysia
  • hands down, tokyo is the best. the latest trends, the best brands, andun. the quality of the products sold is unsurpassed by any other cities in asia. mahal nga lang. but well worth the price. :D
  • magkano ba papuntang tokyo? :)
  • i always go via a direct flight from cebu to narita. last november, the air fare was 635USD. :D
  • nag enjoy po ba kayo adlaw (gabi-i) lol Ano ginawa nyo? saan po kayo pumunta? anong places, shopping etc.
  • avonleaavonlea PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sa Korea... Namdaemun and Dongdaemun... Myeongdong and Apgujeong for high-end shopping... Itaewon, if you want imported brands...

Dongdaemun is a really good place to shop... daming nagsa-shop dun na mga foreigners (mostly japanese and indians buying on wholesale).. dami kasing shopping malls... kulang ang isang araw para puntahan lahat... i usually shop at Freya and Doosan
    dong01_01.jpg

Namdaemun market is like the "divisoria" of south korea... grabe kasi super low price talaga... dami rin foreigners dito
    nam01_01.jpg

more info on Tour2Korea > Shopping
  • wow! ok thanks where is freya or yang mga sinabi mong malls. Is that in the heart of seoul??

Namdaemun and Dongdaemun... Myeongdong and Apgujeong for high-end shopping... Itaewon, if you want imported brands...
  • altairaltair PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by cutepinay
    wow! ok thanks where is freya or yang mga sinabi mong malls. Is that in the heart of seoul??

Namdaemun and Dongdaemun... Myeongdong and Apgujeong for high-end shopping... Itaewon, if you want imported brands...

Freya is in Dongdaemun

the places mentioned above are not really close to each other but Seoul subway is very efficient

Myongdong is the sosyal Quiapo of Seoul

Been there on a Sunday, there was a portion where the people were literally packed like sardines. As in, there was a sea of people. Dito marami magagandang Koreana na gumagala

Itaewon is a god damned ghetto

It is close to the US military base in Yongsan. A lot of african american soldiers hang out there, sporting hip hop clothes. There is a section called "hookers' hill" kasi maraming bars. Marami din Filipinas dito.

Itaewon == nakakatakot:D

Apgujeong

Apgujeong is counterpart of the Makati shopping area in Seoul. Glitzy. The rich people of Seoul live mostly in Apgujeong. There is a section called Rodeo road, my boss tells me "It's not Korea" (cause it is so western)
    Shops in Korea are slashing prices like crazy these days. Almost everybody is doing a sale. me mga 50% off (kaya lang winter gear karamihan -> as in duck down jackets)
    I've heard that Korea is also a very good place to shop for class A knock offs
  • thanks for the info. keep them coming if meron pa.
    Yongsan electronics market in Korea... a real heaven for electronic stuff... audio, video, parts, computers, mp3 players, camcorders, electrical appliance, VCD, DVD... you name it, you'll find it there... it's really wow!
  • hoy so sorry for not replying to this thread right away. was way busy the past months...

in tokyo, there are a lot of places to shop. depending on your budget. i usually go to the shinjuku or shibuya area to shop. omotesando is also quite swell. :)

shinjuku has everything -- you can spend a month shopping here without getting bored. from the high end to the cheap! money is the only thing you need. if you want electronic goods - you can go to yodobashi or bic. if you want to shop for clothes and accessories, the choices are endless. i personally love times square, which faces the south exit of the JR railway line. it has 7-floors book store of kinokuniya, my favorite department store takashimaya which oozes with brand name goods at brand name prices of course. wah! i buy my LVs and burberrys here. :) you can also go to the east exit of Shinjuku station to go to other awesome department stores like isetann, marui. there is one whole street about 2 kilometers, with shops galore on both sides. malilito ka kung ano bibilhin mo. :)) alta - the store for teens is also here.

shibuya - the ultimate place for trendy trendy stuff. the favorite of japan's teens. daming highschool kids! grabe rin dito, you could just salivate at all the beautiful fun things you can buy here. its virtually a city of all things you just got to have!

harajuku area - edgier than shibuya, you can see japanese goths and customed teens in lolita and anime outfits walking about the streets of harajuku. this is a fun place. i like spending an afternoon here at one of the coffee shops just looking at the scenery of way cool shoppers. some goods sold here are quite cheap, too. say, a tank top can just cost you 1000 yen. condomania is also located here (the place sells all kinds of condoms, i mean all kinds! :) )

omotesando - classy classy place. gorgeous keyaki tree-lined omotesando boulevard is tokyo's answer to paris' champs elysees. in european-designer lined omotesando. you can find one of the largest LV stores in the world here. gucci, chanel, and other luxury brands have a store here. you can shop till you drop at one of its sort of side - walk cafes.

ginza - if money is not a concern, shop here. the prices are jaw-dropping. i like to window shop in this area. but sometimes, the temptation to buy is too overwhelming and i have succumb more than once. a bad place to be if you do not have the money to splurge. pero ganda ng mga displays nila, e. :p

roppongi hills - the newest must be there place in tokyo, it just opened last year! a virtual city - its so big! it has tons of shopping places, restaurants, cinemas, condominiums, office space (the Roppongi Hills) Mori Tower), an art center and a hotel. puwede kang tumira dito lang all your life and all your needs will be met. (kung may pera ka nga.)

akihabara - THE ULTIMATE place for electronic goods. anything electronic you want, its here! it takes up the space of a whole city! its soooo big, it gets me confused everytime i go here. streets upon streets of any electrical appliances you could ever want and need! all the computer software and games that will take you a hundred lifetimes to use and play. techies get their orgasms here. hehehe. mga pinoy na OFWs sa japan, ito pinaka-favorite na place, e. halos every weekend nandito. :)

at marami pang iba...
  • all those places are expensive! a magazine in kuala will cost around USD1.50 so you can just base the cost of clothes from there. a prada belt costs PHP14k already.

you want japorms at ukay-ukay prices? go to BKK (bangkok), and CGK (jakarta)!

if you really want to splurge, go to (CDG) paris or (JFK) new york, those are the places to S-H-O-P. asia esp. MNL are "bagsakan" for last season's fashion, well, except for tokyo and maybe singapore. if you're a true blue fashionista, don't buy freddie panicucci's (he owns marconi, linea italia, those italian hi end shops) low priced desinger and branded clothes since it's stale.

mind you, if you'll shop at armani or any haute couture shoppes you have to make an appointment!!! they will model the clothes in season and tailor fit it for you for a whopping USD******!

take it from a seasoned traveller ;)
    hyehwa in seoul... lots of pinoy sari-sari store vans every sunday :D
    uy avonlea, nagpupunta ka ba doon? ok ba doon? gusto kong patikmin ng balut 'yong mga kasama ko eh :D

3584daehanminguk.jpg
    altair >> pag may time tuwing sunday, naga-attend ako ng misa... ok dun, daming pinoy... daming pinoy items din... from tilapia to balut...

line 4, hyewha station... exit 4...
  • uhmmm...Gilroy Premium Outlets?
  • korea is the cheaper version of JAPAN. it's also updated in terms of fashion nowadays. But of course, you can't get the best bargains there... if you're up for bargains talagang sa bangkok ka pumunta...=)

pero maganda quality sa korea. basta almost same as japan.

Hong Kong is no good anymore e.... puros mahal na since puro signature brands dun e....=)
  • may night market ba sa seoul? as in open siya ng mga 10pm?