Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

HOw can I get pregnant?

I've been thinking about it for three years, pero I can't seem to get pregnant...

Totoo ba yung myth ng mababang matres?????

Comments

• Infertility is a problem that is considered if you don't get pregnant after 1 year of regular, unprotected (no contraceptive methods) sex.

If that is the case, you need to have an infertility workup. Take note that infertility may be the problem of the husband, the problem of the wife or both, so an infertility workup needs both partners to be present, especially at the start. Look for an obstetrician subspecializing in infertility.

The more cost effective way is for the husband to undergo ***** count & analysis first. This is cheaper and not as invasive as some of the tests being done on the wife. If the test turn out positive, the husband probably has the problem so he needs to undergo further workup and treatment. If it's negative, then maybe the wife has the problem and has to undergo several workups to determine where her problem is (which part of her reproductive system) and to treat it accordingly.

(Side note: I don't know about your husband, but you do have to convince him on this. I've seen some infertility cases wherein the wife undergoes the whole gamut of exams which turn out normal and it turns out the husband has a problem with his ***** count. Sayang pera at pagod. Filipino men have a hard time thinking that they may have the problem, they'd rather think that the woman has the problem. Takot masabing baog.)
  • my GF has been buggin me to undergo a check-up on ***** count and analysis.

do you have any idea on how much it will cost? kahit estimate lang..aabutin ba yun ng 2K?

can you recommend a good hospital or clinic?

kung sa girl ay ob gynecologist... mayrun din bang counterpart ito sa mga lalake?

thanks!
  • thanks, eyedoc. I'll try to talk to my husband about it. We haven't tried using pills or other contraceptives for three years. I am not sure, but I think I got pregnant once, but I think I lost it for I was under a lot of stress finishing my clinic course, all that running, and rushing.... I missed my period then for about two months I think and my classmates (as well as I) have noticed my increased stomach size... not the size of a watermellon or so, but it was just slightly bigger and harder than usual.... But then, I had my period....

However, on the female side... what vitamins or exercises should I do to increase the chances of conception? Thanks again.
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    There are no vitamins nor exercises that will increase your chances of getting pregnant.
  • I don't trust those contraceptive pills or injectables that fiddle around with our organs, they might do irreversible damage. Like smoking. Don't start.

NFP natural family planning has worked for my sisters.

NFP works both ways, you can learn it to space your kids or make them na.

They know when to do it with their husbands.
  • vp18vp18 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by nicaching
    I don't trust those contraceptive pills or injectables that fiddle around with our organs, they might do irreversible damage. Like smoking. Don't start.

NFP natural family planning has worked for my sisters.

NFP works both ways, you can learn it to space your kids or make them na.

They know when to do it with their husbands.

paano naman gagawin ang natural family planning if the girl's period is irregular ? I guess it cant work for everyone dahil marami ding girls ang irregular di ba . Besides women have been using contraceptives for decades and if there was any significant side effects the issue would have been blown up significantly by the media or the feminist groups. Maybe if ayaw mag contraceptives eh "magpatili" muna yung girl until the time na she wants to get pregnant bago tangalin ang tali
  • People, the threadstarter is trying to get pregnant, not avoid pregnancy. Please don't confuse the issue.
  • Is this true? Before, I always had this pre-menstrual thing... a week or so before my period, I have small stains on my undergarms. One person said that that was the case with her before. She said that the somehow, someway, the develompent of the baby was stumped even if the ***** and the egg merged together....
  • I don't quite get what you're trying to say. What stains? Vaginal discharges are normal at various points during the menstrual cycle.
  • It was not normal for me... it occurs if the "interaction" between me and my husband is on a regular basis... It's a brownish stain that I usually get when my period is about to end, however, the stain occurs two weeks before the onset of my period.
  • I would suggest the next time you have these "stains" you have to consult with your OB. Bleeding in between periods are usually not normal (as you noted yourself) and proper examination should have been done to determine the cause. There are several possibilities but without the benefit of physical examination I'm afraid I cannot give you a more complete answer.
  • Okay, eyedoc. Thanks! :D
  • You're welcome. :)
  • HI sayeesha :)

don't lose hope, dear. i got pregnant after seven years of marriage. i thought having a baby will just remain a "dream" but thanks God I was able to have one. ;)

during our first three "childless" years, talagang hard core ako sa pagpunta sa OB, walang pagod. lahat na ng santo nadasalan ko na rin. :) but it was in October 2002 that I got pregnant. It was a month after I said a novena to St. Therese of the Child Jesus (the little flower). I don't know what your religion is but it won't hurt if you will try asking for her intercession. She is the youngest doctor, afterall :)

God bless you and I hope that He will grant your wish soon :)

Happy New Year !

:)
  • Originally posted by Aubrey816
    HI sayeesha :)

don't lose hope, dear. i got pregnant after seven years of marriage. i thought having a baby will just remain a "dream" but thanks God I was able to have one. ;)

during our first three "childless" years, talagang hard core ako sa pagpunta sa OB, walang pagod. lahat na ng santo nadasalan ko na rin. :) but it was in October 2002 that I got pregnant. It was a month after I said a novena to St. Therese of the Child Jesus (the little flower). I don't know what your religion is but it won't hurt if you will try asking for her intercession. She is the youngest doctor, afterall :)

God bless you and I hope that He will grant your wish soon :)

Happy New Year !

:)

Where can i say this novena to st. therese?? i mean, is there a church i need to go to?? kindly elaborate. thnks
  • blue23mkti
    umm. ***** count analysis costs 350k to 550K depende if saan of course if makati medical or st. lukes aabot ng 550k or more.

sayeesha,
    i share the same problem, i too want to be pregnant... been married for 9 years now, but i am still hoping and looking forward for that......gud luk sa ating mga gustong maging preggy.

Aubrey816
    can you share the novena to st. therese...pa pm na lang ... thanks
  • Err, wahsel, I think you mean 350 - 550 pesos for ***** analysis. :)
  • MeAkoMeAko PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    grabe!! nagulat naman ako sa 350k na yan. eh dati my wife's ob was counting ***** right before we consulted with her. eh all she had was a microscope and one of those manual counting clickers. That was the closest I've been to someone else's *****..he he
  • to those want to get pregnant, better try to write to our lady of lourdes in France. as soon as i got the address, im going to post it here.
  • mabuti pa tawagin mo na lang ang Diyos na lumikha sayo.