Ildefonso already with Shell!!!!

devonharpdevonharp Banned by Admin PExer
As of 6pm today Ildefonso was officially traded to Shell for Chris Jackson + the number 1 draft pick. Ildefonso was very disheartened with the trade but nontheless vowed to give his best to his new team. It was a very emotional farewell with SMB players shedding tears even Coach Jong Uichico cried.

Comments

• MystMyst The Godfather.. PExer
    ......and you got this where?
  • KrakistaKrakista Speak to Win! PExer
    This looks like a deal that was agreed upon many years ago. Remember when Shell drafted Noy Castillo instead of Danny Ildefonso? Unofficially, SMB also sent Chris Jackson as part of the deal "changing" draft positions. There may have been an agreement to trade back Danny I. to Shell once Jackson nears retirement age similar to a trade done in the 80's between Alaska and Great Taste. Alaska traded young Willie Pearson to GTC for an aging William Adornado. The trade agreement was that after two years, Pearson would be returned to Alaska. Eventually, Pearson returned to Alaska and Adornado opted to retire.
  • Greener RangerGreener Ranger Banned by Admin PExer
    This is ****.
  • paulskypaulsky di paning alti™ PExer
    nice one!
  • kennsterkennster Member PExer
    is this true?????
  • nastransnastrans pinoybasebol.wordpress.co m PExer
    I dont know about this, better check the papers tommorow kung tama nga to we can give him the props.
  • neth_rowneth_row Moderator ✭✭
    Have you watched the movie Big Fat Liar? :glee:

Oh well, I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt.
  • scqgscqg one big fight! PExer
    i dont believe that smb is willing to part ways with ildefonso and get an older chris jackson and a no.1 draft pick...
    smb doesnt need chris jackson..coz they already have nick, dorian to man the paint..next, no.1 draft pick?! = ocampo? pingris? alvarez? yap? i dont think smb will let go of ildefonso for one of these guys..even though these guys have lots of potential..ildefonso is still young and has long way to go..

this trade will never be possible UNLESS secret arrangement was made few years ago(like the one described by Krakista)
  • kennsterkennster Member PExer
    i think it's possible.. coz someone gave a link that kinda verifies

this gossip..
  • scqgscqg one big fight! PExer
    yeah..it maybe possible but highly unlikely...
  • beefeaterbeefeater Banned by Admin PExer
    Kahit nga sa PBA Forums (www.pba.com.ph then Feedback section) wala pa akong nababasang balita about the transaction.
  • shox920shox920 Slightly Green Minded ✭✭
    until now hindi pa din updated yung website
  • DI10DI10 Member ✭✭✭
    Ildefonso for Jackson and Shell's #1 pick???????????????
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Krakista
    This looks like a deal that was agreed upon many years ago. Remember when Shell drafted Noy Castillo instead of Danny Ildefonso? Unofficially, SMB also sent Chris Jackson as part of the deal "changing" draft positions. There may have been an agreement to trade back Danny I. to Shell once Jackson nears retirement age similar to a trade done in the 80's between Alaska and Great Taste. Alaska traded young Willie Pearson to GTC for an aging William Adornado. The trade agreement was that after two years, Pearson would be returned to Alaska. Eventually, Pearson returned to Alaska and Adornado opted to retire.
    Chris Jackson was never with San Miguel in the first place. Jackson signed with Shell as a free agent before the 1998 season after his pact with Santa Lucia expired.
  • neth_rowneth_row Moderator ✭✭
    Sources have said that Chris Jackson signed with San Miguel (iun favor of Shell), but was immediately shipped to Shell on draft day.
  • 9ino9ino -=ProFesSoR DuNk=- PExer
    Ildefonso to Shell? WTF?!? can somebody more trustworthy than the thread starter confirm this?

june_dunk.gif
  • KrakistaKrakista Speak to Win! PExer
    Originally posted by AnthonyServinio
    Chris Jackson was never with San Miguel in the first place. Jackson signed with Shell as a free agent before the 1998 season after his pact with Santa Lucia expired.
    True. I was a Sta. Lucia fan and I had read Chris Jackson was already practicing with SMB. He was still a free agent and I remember Coach Ron Jacobs had very much coveted him when he was still with SLR. I would think he was simply persuaded to sign with Shell to cover for what Shell would lose in that Ildefonso for Castillo deal. So Jackson was an unofficial part of the deal. There's no need for a sign and trade deal in the PBA and I had never seen one.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator ✭✭✭
    just read the papers today and no news about this so mr devonharp shut the hell up you're starting to annoy us
  • carshowcarshow The Generator PExer
    If this one's true, it should have made the headlines of today's newpapers...aabot pa yang ganyang kalaking balita sa deadline ng mga broadsheets.
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink panda is going to eat you ✭✭✭
    ano ba kayo parang di kayo sanay diyan kay davonharp puro kwentong barbero

di ba may dating thread sya may trade daw nangyari eh wala naman

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file