Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio

For all Evanescence fans!

Hey peeps!

Wala lang. Just wanted to start this thread on Evanescence. Ganda talaga ng boses ni Amy Lee!

Did you know that they also had several songs released in Arkansas before "Fallen" was released? I'm almost finished with the compilation of one of them ("Origin" album released in 2000). Ganda ng songs! :D

Comments

• talagang maganda boses ni amy lee, not to mention pretty rin sya.

i already finished downloading their demos. eto yung link. http://freespace.virgin.net/mp3.boy/Evanescence.html lahat ng demo songs and albums nila andyan. galing galing nila (halata bang fan ako? hehe)
  • Originally posted by baby_j10
    talagang maganda boses ni amy lee, not to mention pretty rin sya.

i already finished downloading their demos. eto yung link. http://freespace.virgin.net/mp3.boy/Evanescence.html lahat ng demo songs and albums nila andyan. galing galing nila (halata bang fan ako? hehe)

Wow! Astig! You were able to complete the stuff! :D

Can't wait to download all of them. Nice one, Baby!
  • I've only heard their hit-single so far. (The one from the DD OST) and judging strictly from that song I think Amy Lee is a pretty good vocalist.

They should just get rid of that guy who 'growls' worse than the guy from Linkin Park. Do all their songs follow the "beauty and the beast" vocal style? Or does he only appear on that song?

Until then I'd rather stick with Lacuna Coil.
  • Originally posted by ShowMeTheMoney
    I've only heard their hit-single so far. (The one from the DD OST) and judging strictly from that song I think Amy Lee is a pretty good vocalist.

They should just get rid of that guy who 'growls' worse than the guy from Linkin Park. Do all their songs follow the "beauty and the best" vocal style? Or does he only appear on that song?

Until then I'd rather stick with Lacuna Coil.

The guy singing with Amy Lee in "Bring Me To Life" is from the band 12 Stones. But usually it's just Amy Lee doing the lead and backup vocals.

One of the old (technically) unreleased songs called "Lies" does have some guy named Bruce Fitzhugh on the vocals as well. Aside from that, it's really mostly Amy. :)
  • loc0loc0 PExer
    If you want really beautiful female vocals, try The Gathering. Especially their last 2 albums albums If_Then_Else and Souvenirs.

They've changed genres to atmospheric rock nowadays though.
  • I love The Gathering. Another great doom metal band is Theater of Tragedy.
  • Their album, Fallen, is highly recommended. Buy a copy now!
  • Originally posted by diugun_oirasor
    Wow! Astig! You were able to complete the stuff! :D

Can't wait to download all of them. Nice one, Baby!

yep, but it took me weeks. most of the stuff were repeated or has more than one version kaya madami sya. :D
  • henjinhenjin PEx Rookie ⭐
    Originally posted by Tanis_Half-Elf
    I love The Gathering. Another great doom metal band is Theater of Tragedy.

i only know 'Rose for the Dead' from Theater of Tragedy and i love it! i've dowloaded some more of their stuff but i havent actually listened yet.

as for evanessence, my immortal makes me cry... when i bought their album i listened to it non-stop for about 3 weeks :D
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    their lady vocalist have talent,btw how many albums do they have before that Daredevil ost?she is good,I like her style. bandmate ba nila yung nag gogrowl sa background or guest lang sya?kasi nakakairita yung boses nun.Kasi nagmumukha silang linkin park w/ a female vocalist tuwing naririnig ko yung boses ng lalaki sa background.
  • Originally posted by SoliduS_AlphA
    their lady vocalist have talent,btw how many albums do they have before that Daredevil ost?she is good,I like her style. bandmate ba nila yung nag gogrowl sa background or guest lang sya?kasi nakakairita yung boses nun.Kasi nagmumukha silang linkin park w/ a female vocalist tuwing naririnig ko yung boses ng lalaki sa background.
    the rapper guy...is from the band 12 stones...which means that he is only a guest...

Overplayedness aside...this band has talent...especially Amy Lee...her voice is simply haunting...same goes with her songwriting...

"Embrace The Darkness"
    :evilgrin:
  • speaking of haunting....listen to whisper (i think that's the last track of the album). i like the latin-chanting choir bit in the end. haunting talaga.

yeah, my immortal makes me cry too. that's def my fave track in the album.
  • :wave: gudam people! i for one, am a great fan of evanescence. nakakahiya mang aminin pero, last monday ko lang napanood ang daredevil... at first, it was kind of a bore kasi, for some unknown reason, di ko alam kung ano ang gusto ng tao kay jennifer garner and pinartner siya kay ben affleck pero with the effects and idagdag pa yung kanta nga ng Evanescence, MEN! nag-unahan ang luha ko... tagos-tagos yung scene... masyadong moving especially yung sa cemetery tapos inaawit ng pinakamamahal kong si Amy Lee ang "My Immortal"... ang ganda di ba? it was believed that they're considered to be modern day's gothic whatever. basta! i love them sobra!nakakatuwa rin yung history nila kasi, i read i a song mag how amy was discovered in a church camp while playing and singing this certain song. wala lang... do i make sense? i hope di ko sinayang ang space niyo. keep the EVANESCENCE pride alive!!!
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
  • evanescence is not gothic.. it's nu metal with a chic's voice. ;)
  • cute yung girl, ganda pa ng boses :D *okay*
  • Regarding 'The Gathering', I'd recommend you get yourselves a copy of the ff. albums: MANDYLION, NIGHTTIME BIRDS, and HOW TO MEASURE A PLANET. The 1st album, Mandylion, features pretty morose lyrics teamed up with the angelic voice of vocalist Anneke van Giersbergen...typical of a doom metal band.:) You guys won't regret it.
  • ive been an evanescence fan since last year pa and im hooked to them sobra..particularly to their latest video --Going Under.

my faves so far are breathe no more (which isn't included on both of their albums), Lies (Remix) and Whisper (Remix na may latin orchestra intro)...

sige, bad ako... i liked "You" even though pinagbawal nila irelease yun. pati yung live tracks nila nakumpleto ko na yata (except for the recent performances)
  • di ko pa napapanood ang vid ng Going Under. nasa playlist na ba sya ng mtv?

hermetica, san mo nakuha yung copy mo ng "you". i've been looking of it eh. curious lang ako, bakit sya pinagbawal?
  • Originally posted by baby_j10
    di ko pa napapanood ang vid ng Going Under. nasa playlist na ba sya ng mtv?

hermetica, san mo nakuha yung copy mo ng "you". i've been looking of it eh. curious lang ako, bakit sya pinagbawal?

hindi pa siguro. you can view the 'going under' vid from their website..

last year ko pa nadownload yung "You". e personal song ni Amy yun for her love ones (pati kay ben) kaya pinagbawal. she appealed for every webmaster to pull the song (the mp3's and the lyrics) off their sites.. dunno kung meron pang mahahanap na ganun sa kazaa. kung meron bihira nalang din siguro.

edit: and also, i think evanescence is kinda goth (siguro kasi mahirap naman talaga matanggap sa mainstream ang pure goth)
    check this out: http://www.grammy.com/features/2003/0625_goth.html