COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Are we all bisexual?

Gandalf86Gandalf86 Switched to Pronghorn PExer
I've been wonderin, aren't we all bisexual? I've read many articles that say so, and I think they're right. It's a biological fact isn't it?! We're still animals...and that is a part of how we are as humans. One article said that 90-95% of the world's human population does not fall into 100% "straight" or "gay", and that it's only natural to be attracted to the same sex as it is with the opposite.

One more thing: does the gender of the person we love really matter?

Peace

Comments

• green gringreen grin Member PExer
    not me. i love women.

how about the rest of you?
  • joe_higashijoe_higashi C-fundaMetalist PExer
    me too i love my woman...

although i know how to apreciate beauty both on genders..
  • Gandalf86Gandalf86 Switched to Pronghorn PExer
    Yeah me too joe_higashi. If you know how guapo you are, then you should know if your fellowman is guapo as well.

Well as for moi, I'm a romantic straight liberal (for lack of a better term - though I don't believe in rigid labeling) - I'm everything a normal straight guy is except that I'm "open enough" - ya know, if it comes my way, why not? Sabi nang lola ko hindi sinasalungat ang pag-ibig... pero I don't think I can have a full time sexual/romantic relationship with a guy kasi maiilang talaga ako - I'll love him as a brother (and I think offering him my oath of brotherhood is better than a boyfriend diba?). Lovers leave but brothers are forever.

As for the romantic thing, I'm kinda serious with relationships and so the way I love my bros/sis and closest buddies is how I'm going to love my GFs ... which is practically forever... ah shucks!!! (blush!)

In understanding...
    Peace
  • Chase_MeridianChase_Meridian POWER. PLEASURE. PAIN. PExer
    Does it matter whether or not we are all bisexual?

In the end, it's all just a matter of personal choice. Sexuality is just part of our being. There are other things that make us unique. Even if we are all indeed bisexual, we are all still different from one another because of the choices that we make.
    Sabi ko nga...
  • joe_higashijoe_higashi C-fundaMetalist PExer
    Originally posted by Gandalf86
    pero I don't think I can have a full time sexual/romantic relationship with a guy kasi maiilang talaga ako - I'll love him as a brother (and I think offering him my oath of brotherhood is better than a boyfriend diba?). Lovers leave but brothers are forever.

asteeg! *okay*
    gandalf86, by "bisexual" you mean someone who has sexual relationships with both male and female, right? so how come you said that you'll only love a man like a brother, yet in your opening post you say that we are all bisexuals (that 90% or the world population is not gay nor straight)?

can you please clarify? thanks. :)
  • DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Biologically, I think he's saying that most of us have sets of chromosomes that inherently makes us females. The only thing that makes the males as males is the the extra Y-chromosome that exist in the DNA, something that females don't have. Read the book Jurrasic Park and you'll get my drift.
    thanks for that insight, dunedain. however, gandalf further states that "...and that it's only natural to be attracted to the same sex as it is with the opposite." i was wondering then that he might be referring to sexual preference (sexual activities with both genders) rather than sexual makeup (chromosomal similarities with females).
    Sorry, i went away for a while....

I was referring biologically, yes! attraction is supposed to be biolgical rin di ba? all of these things are connected anyway...
    I don't believe in rigidly labeling peeps btw...gay, straight etc. all crap in the end...

if it's a preference, madaling ibahin yun....
    pero pag-natural na satin, like natural instincts of attraction, you can't get away from it...IMO lang..

BTW, para mi, loving someone as brother is certainly surpasses that of a lover or just a friend... ika nga: friends change, lovers leave, but brothers/sisters are eternal.

Mas mahaba at mas explanado sana sagot ko e, kaya lang kinain ng naglolokong browser ko...hirap isipin lahat uli.

Peace
  • jeff_kaithjeff_kaith kindred spirit PExer
    do the genetic and hormonal make-up really determine the sexual preference? as the brain is the centre of all man's activities, shouldn't the brain dictate this preference?

the extra Y-chromosome in your body determines that you are a man hence male physiology but your brain dictates something else

btw, gandalf86 ... ian mckellen as gandalf in LTOR is a through-and-through gay. ala lang, just a small trivia which i hope won't cause any offense.

peace, brother. :haloangel:
    the sexual preferences? including the gender roles we develop? --determined by biology? hmmm... not really! It seems na they are formed as we grow up, influenced much by our environment of upbringing --- yes, probably the brain. It's pretty much temporary...

Maybe, there are no gays or straights or whateverr... maybe homosexuality and heterosexuality are the poles in sexuality (human or not) and that everybody's sexuality contains elements of both....
    effeminate gestures, cross-dressing practices, invented language, and the cheap attitudes of some Pinoy homos; they really don't having anything to do with actual sexuality.

GANDALF? Really? What do ya mean?

Peace
  • naughtnaught Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    huh.... i dont know that jeff_kaith. so magneto is gay then. hehehehehe. just kidding.

just wondering gandalf, whats the point in this. are you telling us, that you are admitting that you can be attracted to the same sex yet do not have sexual fantacy with that guy. i think that is absurd, given the fact that you are attracted to the same sex is just one of saying that you can be laid by him or her.

i hoe you will further expound your deposition or else we will assume that there is an internal debacle within.

just asking.
    Originally posted by Gandalf86

GANDALF? Really? What do ya mean?

Peace

that's why they are called trivia ...
    Originally posted by naught
    huh.... i dont know that jeff_kaith. so magneto is gay then. hehehehehe. just kidding.

just wondering gandalf, whats the point in this. are you telling us, that you are admitting that you can be attracted to the same sex yet do not have sexual fantacy with that guy. i think that is absurd, given the fact that you are attracted to the same sex is just one of saying that you can be laid by him or her.

i hoe you will further expound your deposition or else we will assume that there is an internal debacle within.

just asking.

hi, naught! check out his biography at www.mckellen.com.

quote: 'In 1988, he publicly came out as a gay man during a BBC Radio 4 discussion about the Thatcher government's infamous "Section 28" of the Local Government Act, making illegal the public "promotion of homosexuality." He overnight became an active member of the movement to change those UK laws which discriminate against lesbians and gay men'
    No point really, just asking opinions... and this isn't about me only, but the whole human kin...

I can have *sex* with the same-gender, yes very possible for any of us! but would we allow it? for me, very controversial... I don't know for sure yet if I would. Babalitaan ko kayo if I do....hehehehe!!!

Peace
    Hey Brother Gandalf the mere fact that you consider having sex with the same sex is an act of homosexuality. I love to hear your side when you have that moment. Hehehehehehehe.

Well of course we are not talking about you but what else can you do, you brouht it up, started the music (a very different kind for that matter) expect everyone including the one who counted themselves as homo and bi to ask your preference.

By the way, what the heck are you thinking, why did you come up with this. Well may i ask one no few personal question, what are you doing, i mean are you a pro or a stud. Just asking.

But to tell you honestly its interesting that a very straigth guy are thingking like this......well i have second thougts now.......
    hmmmmmmm... well what you think huh. Brother Gandalf.

Hey by the way , I have read the book of tolien and its good. Hope you will too. Gandalf is such a cool guy.
    Hey Jeff_Kaith are you an avid fun of movies. I am. what are your nationality looks like your british. are you.......

Have you seen the Movie, LOTR its good. Hey by the way what you think about Gandalf reply, that he would tell us if "he" will tell us if he will going to do it.

Hehehehehehe I think he run out of diversion, thats why he is thinking somewhat ... well i dont want to tell it.

Nice site for Mckellen. Well i want to ask you jeff, are you actually or have any experience regarding gandalf's deposition?
    Hey Jeff_Kaith are you an avid fun of movies. I am. what are your nationality looks like your british. are you.......

hey naught :), true blue pinoy here and proud of it! and boy do i love movies but i have discriminating taste on which movie i spend my money to watch
    Have you seen the Movie, LOTR its good. Hey by the way

i am so pleased to have read the four books (including the hobbit) and having watched the three movies as well. return of the king was a spectacular finish to the triology. i held up my pee for 3.5hrs (appox) just so i don't want to miss a scene. eh, in singapore there's only one screening. after that, no more reviews.
    Hey by the way what you think about Gandalf reply, that he would tell us if "he" will tell us if he will going to do it.

as for ROM's gandalf, this is all i can say and not just about embarking on unconventional planes of sexuality but on other things as well, suicide not excluded - the thought is half of the deed. it's almost as good as 50% done. you entertain the idea in your mind and you're halfway to committing it already. although, there are exemptions ... after all, black isn't just black and white isn't just white.
    Nice site for Mckellen. Well i want to ask you jeff, are you actually or have any experience regarding gandalf's deposition?

not a surprising question which could be directed to everyone. i'm through-and-through straight and at the risk of being called traditional and 'backwaterish' (if ever there's such a word), i still believe and maintain that a man is only for a woman and vice versa.

what of you, naught? what say you?

what say you? (aragorn to the dead people in the pass:D
    Originally posted by jeff_kaith
    hey naught :), true blue pinoy here and proud of it! and boy do i love movies but i have discriminating taste on which movie i spend my money to watch

i am so pleased to have read the four books (including the hobbit) and having watched the three movies as well. return of the king was a spectacular finish to the triology. i held up my pee for 3.5hrs (appox) just so i don't want to miss a scene. eh, in singapore there's only one screening. after that, no more reviews.

as for ROM's gandalf, this is all i can say and not just about embarking on unconventional planes of sexuality but on other things as well, suicide not excluded - the thought is half of the deed. it's almost as good as 50% done. you entertain the idea in your mind and you're halfway to committing it already. although, there are exemptions ... after all, black isn't just black and white isn't just white.

not a surprising question which could be directed to everyone. i'm through-and-through straight and at the risk of being called traditional and 'backwaterish' (if ever there's such a word), i still believe and maintain that a man is only for a woman and vice versa.

what of you, naught? what say you?

what say you? (aragorn to the dead people in the pass:D
    :):)

I say Yeyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to that.

Well same here, not only blue but a proud member of the brown clan. Love movies also. in fact im dying to see the Return of The King to be shown here. Actually I am supposedly to see it on its premier night here but I can't, got a Class. I have to make do on its showing on January 9 next year.

Wow I have also read the three books, I guess I am now a fan of Tolkien. I am wanting to buy Cilmarillion but I haven't had the time to go into a bookstore, busy at work. Know what I have also VCD's of the first two books, Fellowship and the Two Towers.

Hey I Thought Black is black and White is white, after all, if there is always something in the middle this world will be more complicated than before. Well, I hope Gandalf will reply, because his proposition is getting out of hand. Sure thing...... as they say " Joke is Half Meant Truth" so if you are so flambouyant about admiting that there is the possibility of having sex with the same gender. wallah...... time to think bro.

Please Bro Gandalf don't be slugish......... Give us a good round, I love to have a very Intelligent conversation with you and Jeff.

Though a bit unconventional...........................

I guess I have to ask for BRO Gandalf ....................
    What Say you????????????????????????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file