Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

Erythromycin solution for pimples???

vp18vp18 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Tama ba yung paggamit ng Erythromicin solution for pimples ? What I know is Erythromicin (the tablet form) is an antibiotic. Pero binigay na pang pimples (the common type pimples) sa akin is Erythromicin solution , when what I asked for is some quick acting solution or ointment/cream for common type pimples coz I get a little from time to time pag puyatan talaga. Hindi naman inflamed (very red) ang mga nagiging pimples ko. My pimples are yung tipong you have to look close to see them. They are not big too and I dont have them often . Just when puyat for a week or so.

Mayroon bang over the counter solution/ointment/cream na mabilis magpawala ng pimples ? Parang may naalala ako metioned here benzac wash ba yon ?

Comments

• Since pimples are also infections, dermatologists may prescribe topical erythromycin to combat it. With the proper use, it may decrease the bacteria load of your skin, thus lessening pimples.

Benzac is benzoyl peroxide. It has been a reliable anti pimple medication. You can try it.
  • vp18vp18 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by eyedoc
    Since pimples are also infections, dermatologists may prescribe topical erythromycin to combat it. With the proper use, it may decrease the bacteria load of your skin, thus lessening pimples.

Benzac is benzoyl peroxide. It has been a reliable anti pimple medication. You can try it.

Since benzac is anti pimple , should it be used daily even though there are no visible pimples or only when you see some pimples do you use them to make them go away faster ?

Would you consider Benzac the best/most effective and fastest acting anti pimple med. that is available over the counter (no prescription needed) ? If not , what is the best/most effective and fastest acting anti pimple med. that is available over the counter ?

Can Erthromicyin solution be used together with Benzac or just choose one ?

Thanks
  • I'd rather use Benzac cream/ointment rather than the wash & use it as needed on the affected areas.

I cannot say which is the best OTC antipimple because they work differently for each individual. Other OTC antipimples include preparations with salicylic acid, sulfur,AHA etc. They have varying success rates on different individuals.

Erythromycin is supposed to be a prescription medication, even topically. It can be used together with Benzac since they have different modes of action. However, I would strongly suggest that you don't self medicate with an antibiotic. Morever, it usually doesn't give the "fast"relief you obviously want. What it does is to kill the microbe that contributes to the pimple formation.
  • HAve you heard of CLEAR ACTiON?
  • eh un clindamycin solution? ano naman un?
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hi Kulit, long time.

Clindamycin is also a type of antibiotic in an astringent solution, but it only kills bacteria on the superficial layer of the skin. Erythromycin enters the bloodstream and kills the P. acne bacteria in the deeper recesses of the skin too.
  • ahh un kse un binigay ng derma ko... nag rashes ako..
    tnx doc ira! :)

You're welcome.
  • where could u buy the erithromycin solution?
    If it's solution form, it will only work on the superficial layers of the skin if that's the purpose of your question.
  • or cream? kasi i went to a facial center once and they put erithromycin cream on my forehead. im allergic to benzoyl peroxide. so where could i buy it in cream form?
  • i think clyndamycin and erythromycin are only availabe sa derma, are they available ba in drugstores and pharmacies? yah clynda is in astringent form, it can sting a bit particularly if you just started treatment. even if i no longer have pimples, i still use clyndamycin along with isotrex cream. isotrex can make your skin a little bit dry. anong grade ba yung pimples mo?
    Ask your dermatologist for erythromycin cream. Most, if not all, dermatologists manufacture their own medications.
  • jazzyjazzy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    YSA has its own. P150/bottle, i think.
  • actually light lang sa forehead, kaso lagi me tubo ng tubong bago.

mareng ira... how bout scars? ive tried everything. from kojic acid to licorice creams... which is better?
  • oh ok.. main reason kasi ng pimples is genes eh. go to a derma na lang, they can help you talaga. super sulit yung ibabayad mo. baka kasi if you keep on putting on stuff, baka lumala lang yan. mahirap pa naman talaga tanggalin yung scars..
  • clindamycin solution is not hard to make naman sabi ng cousin ko na pharmacist. bili ka lang raw ng eskinol tapos lagyan mo na dalacin-c. ganun na raw yun...
  • try using propolis cream. all natural siya. as long as your not allergic to bee products, i don't think you'll have any problem.
    People, as I've said, if you haven't been treated by a doctor and you get recurrent cystic acne, see a dermatologist first. No amount of clindamycin astringents or erythromycin cream is going to help, wherever you get it. A doctor will have to assess your acne, see if they need to be drained to remove the bacteria, and you will need to be given oral antibiotics which can enter the bloodstream to kill the bacteria underneath the surface of your skin, which cannot be reached by whatever antibiotic solution you put on your face.