COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

What's so wrong with Paganism?

Gandalf86Gandalf86 Switched to Pronghorn PExer
What's so wrong with the so-called "PAGANISM"?

Firstly, what does *pagan* mean to you?

Comments

• rickymrickym Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/paganism.htm

seems that the word is suffering the same fate as 'witch' and 'cult' it has so many meanings that you don't know who is right. some people who feel righteous sometimes use these words to scare people out of their religion.
  • aajaoaajao Moderator PEx Moderator
    is it the pagan's fault had he/she not known God?
  • Gandalf86Gandalf86 Switched to Pronghorn PExer
    Oh, *they* know God all right.... many forms of God ;-)
  • ahmedahmed Resident Terrorist PExer
    Ano ba ang ibig sabihin ng "Pagan"?
    Originally posted by Gandalf86
    Oh, *they* know God all right.... many forms of God ;-)

ay oo nga pala. atheists pala yung tinutukoy ko na hindi nakakakilala sa Diyos. sori po, tao lang. :D

o sige, rephrase ko yung tanong ko, "Kasalanan ba ng mga pagano kung marami at iba-iba ang kinikilala nilang Diyos?"

:|
  • Yuri_PrimeYuri_Prime god-playing megalomaniac PExer
    o sige, rephrase ko yung tanong ko, "Kasalanan ba ng mga pagano kung marami at iba-iba ang kinikilala nilang Diyos?"

Hindi nila kasalanan yun.

Bakit? Kasalanan bang matatawag yun??

Kung ano ang kasalanan para sa mga Kristiano eh maaring hindi kasalanan para sa kanila.
    that's exactly my point. its what they believe in so its not their fault.

Yuri, from my post, what i meant was:
      kasalanan = fault
    not kasalanan = sin

i hope everything is clear. :)

want some creamer? ;)
  • rickymrickym Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    from Yuri_Prime
    "o sige, rephrase ko yung tanong ko, "Kasalanan ba ng mga pagano kung marami at iba-iba ang kinikilala nilang Diyos?"
    Hindi nila kasalanan yun.
    Bakit? Kasalanan bang matatawag yun??
    Kung ano ang kasalanan para sa mga Kristiano eh maaring hindi kasalanan para sa kanila."

para sa kanila hindi nga kasalanan yun, kaya nila pinapaniwalaan yun. besides, we can never be certain as to who is really correct the Pagans or the Christians. Some of them may actually be wondering the same thing, if it is an act of ignorance on Christians part that Christians believe in one god.
  • jiscjisc PSC805+SHP895=eargasm PExer
    hindi nila kasalanan yun dahil hindi nga nila alam, ayon sa biblie kung nalaman na ng tao ang katotohanan at nalaman nilang mali ang kanilang ginagawa ngunit ayaw o hindi pa rin nila binabago, kasalanan na yun
    Yeah, I agree.
    pagan = Latin paganus = country dweller, bumpkin, yokel

Technically speaking, pagan ako dahil I'm from the province, and again tech speaking, we were all pagan once (meaning that we we are all once rustic animistic hunter-gatherers with a non-organised simple faith in the powers around us.)

I don't think it's a sin or a fault. I hate it when fundies coin "the sins of paganism.

Peace
  • lover_spreadlover_spread Banned by Admin PExer
    frankly speaking, the wrong with paganism is that suffix "ISM" itself hehehe... :-)

:ghost:

I'm Not Perfect
  • DomDom Global Observer PExer
    Originally posted by jisc
    hindi nila kasalanan yun dahil hindi nga nila alam, ayon sa biblie kung nalaman na ng tao ang katotohanan at nalaman nilang mali ang kanilang ginagawa ngunit ayaw o hindi pa rin nila binabago, kasalanan na yun

yuuun jackpot ka dun! :)

and i'm telling u its just another form of satan's work to draw us away from focusing to God and the truth. ;)
    And from where should we get the Truth ey??? (IMO) *God* is with all, within all....not just with Abramaics (tuh!) How are we supposed to distinguish the lines between what's *pagan* and what's not? hummmph????

note: YHWH is a Canaanite god - supposed to be pagan daw!
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    I thought its a word thingy used to define the religion of the non-Hebrews way back then and the non-Christians a bit later.

Kinda like how the word 'barbarian' was by Greeks to describe non-Greeks, and by the Chinese to descrive non-Chinese, and so on...
    Yeah parang ganon.... (ethno-religious) chauvism
  • HyperionHyperion sui generis PExer
    Pagan:

1.) a polytheistic person or
    2.) an irreligious person or
    3.) a hedonistic person

There is nothing wrong with being a pagan.
  • There is nothing wrong with being pagan unless, the truth was offered to a person and he refused to accept. ( If he didnt recognize it to be the truth, its his fault coz thats life greatest test: Know the truth and follow it) I would rather be a pagan than be a so called "Christian" who despise the pagan and use the term "pagan" "cult" "occult" to any other religion, sect, denomination to bellittle, insult, injure other religious denomination
  • DomDom Global Observer PExer
    then the question is, r u a christian? if u r then read the bible where u can find the answers of ur questions.

if ur not a practicing christian, then its gonna be hard for u to understand this.

and ofcourse there is nothing wrong with paganism, that is if u r not a christian. but if u r a christian, then u should know that its not good to be pagan. pagans r those who used dead idols while worshipping, some even worshipping these images, and or those who doesn't believe in God who created us.

the thing is, we don't need to use a visual aid when worshipping, kasi, it may only put our spiritual life in risk! since the bible have prohibited the use of these images, then as a christian, u r obligue to follow. well it's up to u though, but then u gotta be careful, cuz that since the bible said it too that once an innocent man hear the truth (bible/scripture/God's words), then u will no longer be an innocent one! u r now obligue to believe in God's words otherwise, again as a christian.

so if u refuse to believe in Him, what did God say? u will be punished and doomed to hell not unless if u accepted Christ His Son as ur personal savior and ur salvation and let the Holy Spirit work in u. accepting Christ means u will be annointed with the Holy Spirit, a first step to become a new born life, spiritually. and by His Spirit, u will inherit the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit, that is if u will just let God's Holy spirit work on u. so we have to examine ourselves, and see if we are indeed transforming into a better person or not. if not then that means u didn't take it seriously, and in short u refused the Holy Sprit to go into u.

remember that God weeps for us, thats because he loves us so, and want us to believe in Him. not just read the bible but also to throughly believe in His words! and believing means, following His commandments and other teachings....

because its the sin that separate man and God. we were all doomed to hell, and are all sinners, and there is nobody is perfect, but only His son who is perfect and is worthyt to be praised and be followed. He is our mediator between our Creator and us, and so by believing in Jesus, will make us worthy to face our God.

remember, a man cannot live by bread alone. that means, nasa Dios ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa. and the bible also has described word "bread" as the words of God, or His Son, who was also called as "the Word" in John 1:1.

peace. :)
    Hmm..very *Christian* indeed!

However, i see nothing wong with worshipping "graven images", or trees, or animals, or numerous deities - whether they are or are not anything pagan (what does it mean today anyway?) --- lang pakialaman!!! hehehe... It's ALL a part of being human.

God - the One whose power teaches thy way along that pathless coast - is *worshipped* in so many ways possible - seen in many forms. Now, to call *our* Christian version THE BEST AND ONLY ONE is just too arrogant for me.
    We see God in many ways -- in different angles -- none of which is better than the other.

Now if your talking about Yahu/El/Allah - that's just another ethnocultural variation of the same force --- doesn't matter if the Greek calls *it* Zeus, or the German Tius. It's just the same to me... btw, I'm not Jewish, or anything Semitic, so a Canaanite Yahweh is really not the image in my head for *God*

:)Peace
  • bubuyogbubuyog buzzzzz PExer
    Bible-worship is a form of paganism, if you ask me. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file