Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

Are estrogens taken to prevent pregnancy?

Hi Doc! My boyfriend rubbed his penis against my vulva, labia majora and labia minora. He tried penetrating one-two inches into my vaginal opening but I stopped him because it was getting painful. We did not use any contraceptions and this is the farthest sexual act we have done. We did this 13 days after the first day of my last menstrual period. My questions are:

1. Is there a high risk that I might get pregnant? I consulted an OB-Gyn this morning and she mentioned that there is a possibility that I could still get pregnant since ***** could still be released even prior to ejaculation. I just needed a second opinion from you as I read your reply to one thread that ovulation starts 14 days from your next menstrual period.

2. My OB-Gyn prescribed Premarin, a Conjugated Estrogen medicine to keep me from getting pregnant. Her prescription states that I take these for 3 days. However, I just read an article in the internet awhile ago that this drug is given to menopausal women. I also checked a Medical Reference and it states that estrogens are produced by the body to prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs, thereby keeping you from getting pregnant. I am somewhat confused by these 2 references. Pls enlighten me. What is the difference of estrogen from conjugated estrogen?

Thanks!

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    1. Ovulation starts 14 days prior to the next menstrual period on average, give or take a couple of days. Obviously, there are variations on this. So, like your ob-gyne said, you are not "immune" from getting pregnant.

2. Estrogen can be used as contraception. Conjugated estrogen is just an altered form of estrogen, done in order to improve absorption and formulation characteristics.
  • Thanks for your reply, Doc Ira.

Does that mean that cojugated estrogens can better increase my chances of not getting pregnant?
  • Estrogens, conjugated or not, are ingredients in birth control pills. They will lessen chances of pregnancy BEFORE the intercourse.