Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Eurailpass

Hi,
Has anybody here used a eurailpass? How does it work? Is it cheaper than buying train tickets individually at each destination?

Comments

• mac326mac326 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i researched this before coz we were planning to go around europe last summer but it never happened :(

anyways, it still depends. try to go to eurail's website and compute. check your options and see what type of eurail pass will give you the best bang for the buck.

http://www.eurail.com/
  • heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Download this Eurail Guide from Rick Steves (in PDF format)

The guide is quite comprehensive and informative. It will answer your question on which type of eurail pass is better and whether or not it will be cheaper than point-to-point tickets in the long run.
  • sentimentssentiments PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    how much 'to pag dito sa pinas bibilhin?
  • heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by sentiments
    how much 'to pag dito sa pinas bibilhin?
    I couldn't find any website that lists the prices of the Eurailpasses in Philippine peso. You should talk to a travel agent. Besides, the prices are most likely similar to the prices in the US (just convert it to peso). I can't imagine it being remarkably more expensive or cheaper.
  • DGCDGC PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I have an upcoming Euro vacay and apparently, the train travel aspect of the trip is the hardest to plan. I've been reading about Eurail and thought it would be really convenient to travel to several countries with just one pass (Global Pass), and thinking it would save us some moolah.

But after reading some reviews, it is not the case. Italy and France have reservation fees. And I've read it is better to book on other rail sites. A European vacation is already expensive as it is, so a little budgeting on train travel would be good (we'd be doing a lot of train travel!)

Any more comments on Eurail, or do you know any alternative rail we could use?

Thanks!