Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

BATMAN BEGINS (Batman 5)

after more than half a decade of waiting, the fifth batman movie is already on the fastlane for a 2005 release. a few months ago, christian bale has been announced as the guy that will take over the shoes (or boots for this matter) that george clooney vacated, and now we know that sir michael caine is onboard the film as alfred pennyworth *okay*

word is really heavy on the villains of this movie being ras al ghul and the scarecrow. rumors say that daniel day lewis is close to inking it as ras, but as for scarecrow a virtual nobody seems to be the frontrunner (that guy from 28 days later raw :shrug: ). personally, id rather see adrien brody, or maybe ralph fiennes be scarecrow, but oh well.

batman: intimidation game is going to be directed by chris nolan and is going to be written by david goyer.

*okay*

:heart:

Rate This Movie 74 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
63% 47 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
21% 16 votes
:) :) :) [b]Okay Lang[/b]
10% 8 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
2% 2 votes
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
1% 1 vote

Comments

• ooops napost na pala...:hiya:

anyways, im looking forward for this sequel. cant wait for the batsuit !
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    tagal pa nito ? Scarecrow? naubos na kasi yung mga sikat na kalaban nya. Sabagay meron pa naman iba gaya ni Clayface....
    saka yung villain with a quartzclock eyeglasses di ko lang alam yung name nya.
  • crybabymakicrybabymaki PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    if clayface was considered a villain, id give the role to probably lawrence fishburn, or maybe morgan freeman :shrug:

is it the clock king your talking about, solidus alpha??? (im not even sure theres such a villain :bonkself: )

but i have to agree that the scarecrow is the only remaining villain thats still up there in the ranks of mr. freeze, joker and catwoman. or i guess harley quinn ren (which if turned into a movie, id like to see cameron diaz or brittany murphy play *okay* )

as for ras al ghul, i honestly dont know much about him. ill try and surf around for some info for everyone....

but the roster of villains for B.I.G. isnt official yet, so its anybodys ballgame at this point.

• Ra's should be the villain. He's very much a major Batman villain if you follow the comics. More big time than the Scarecrow, i might add.

He knows Bruce Wayne is Batman and he's centuries old because he keeps reviving himself with his "fountain of youth" Lazarus pits. He's a master strategist and a great fighter. He's also rich with a cult following. Think of him as an evil Batman.

He's an eco-terrorist and is always trying to "cleanse" the world. He thinks he should take away the people who are not of use to this world, those who are destroying the earth or have no contributions. He wants to kill everyone and start the human race anew with his daughter Talia marrying and eloping with someone worthy of Ra's Al Ghul's standards.

Guess who he thinks is the best mate for his daughter? The one and only Dark Knight who Ra's fondly calls "Detective" They think alike so most of their matches end in a draw but they have deep respect for each other because of their respective abilities.

I'm telling you guys, Ra's is the best Batman villain next to the Joker! Hope they get a good actor for him.
    Di ba caucasian si Clayface? dapat caucasian actor din ang gaganap sa kanya,narecall ko tuloy yung Dagget make up kit na sumira dun sa actor before sya naging clayface, pinakain sa kanya ang damakmak na cream kaya nagkasira sira yung katawan nya.
  • Originally posted by SoliduS_AlphA
    Di ba caucasian si Clayface? dapat caucasian actor din ang gaganap sa kanya,narecall ko tuloy yung Dagget make up kit na sumira dun sa actor before sya naging clayface, pinakain sa kanya ang damakmak na cream kaya nagkasira sira yung katawan nya.

Ba't naman kailangan caucasian? Si Harvey dent nga negro sa Batman.
  • SpellbindMediaSpellbindMedia PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    True, I like it when actors are not typecasted for roles...
  • yup. think kingpin...
    day-lewis.jpgalghul.jpg

id be more than ecstatic if academy-award winner daniel day lewis(last of the mohicans, gangs of new york, my left foot) does indeed take the role of ras al ghul in B:IG, as he joins the ranks of other A-list actors whose played batvillains of yore.

• Originally posted by Bhodi Li
    Ba't naman kailangan caucasian? Si Harvey dent nga negro sa Batman.

Just for the sake of being faithful to the comics. I'm not racist but i thought it was really wrong for Harvey Dent to be black sa first Batman. Otherwise, hindi na kuha yung essence nung character.

I mean kung hindi lang din kamukha, di kahit sino na lang ang i-cast diba? Denzel Washington as Batman, Sean William Scott as Superman! Mandy Moore as Wonder Woman!

It's not so much about typecasting but og getting the character right! :D
  • SpellbindMediaSpellbindMedia PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I agree gokou, but what if the actor who is a physical match to the character can't capture the character's essence, or is basically a poor actor? IMHO, I guess there should be a balance of both.
    parang ganito yan eh, dapat kasi kung talagang serious yung cast ng movie syempre dapat sundin nila yung sa comics hindi naman racism ang point kundi yung likeness nung character,in the past Batman films here are my ratings for the villains:
    Jack Nicholson - Joker *okay* *okay*
    Danny De Vito - Penguin *okay* *okay*
    Jim Carrey - Riddler *okay*
    black actor - Clayface :confused::confused:

Michael Keaton - *okay* *okay* *okay*
    Val Kilmer - ?
    George Clooney - ???

Kung basta na lang sila pipili ng Batman actor or ng villain role syempre dapat i-match naman nila parang gumawa lang sila ng Batman film for the title of the film tapos yung content eh hindi naman worth it.Ano yan Batman na bara bara? Speaking of physical match marami kasing aspect ang pagkuha ng actor for the role,syempre sa performances din nila sa mga previous films at acting ability at mga type of films na ginawa nila before.Kung physical traits dapat ang manaig dito eh acting capability.
    double post...
  • They should put David Warner for Ras. He's got the whole grand intellectual villain thing in him, y'know.
    there are lots of reasons why i suggested a black actor to play clayface instead of someone caucasian (who if i did would obviously capture the look of clayface more)

one. the batman franchise has yet to topbill an african american actor, and if there was one villain from the comics who could more easily be shifted from white skinned to dark skinned without looking too unconvincing, then i guess it would be clayface. two, and more importantly, i simply cannot think of any other actor (white or black) that can translate the same menace of clayface the way lawrence fishburn could. that, plus throw in his pretty bulky built already, and i believe he would make for a pretty good clayface.

Baka naman kapag Clayface na its Fishburn pero kung yung actor pa lan sya eh caucasian ?
  • ^ Naaah. Human clayface already needs a lot of acting talent.
    from sky.com

Eastwood up for Gordon?

Clint Eastwood and Batman - I know, a strange combination.

But the man who is better known as Dirty Harry is being wooed by the makers of the new Batman film starring Christian Bale.

Taking no chances after previous flops, they want Clint to play a version of himself as the mayor of Gotham City.

Clint, who is now also known as an award-winning producer/director is said to be really happy with the offer.

He told my spies: "I would like to show a lighter side to my character in my later years."

Look out Batman, it looks like Dirty Harry might just say yes!

also, batman-on-film.com just got wind that katie holmes might be in the works to play bruce wayne's girlfriend (possibly talia, ras' daughter) which would make sense with the rumors circulating that ras al ghul is indeed going to be the villain.

• phalluscolossusphalluscolossus PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Masyadong malaki si Clint Eastwood for a Batman movie. Nah! Malabo yun na macast. Sa billing pa lang ng poster baka pangalan niya yung pinakamalaki tapos maliit na lang kay Christian Bale.

Eh, sino naman kaya ang gaganap kay Batmite? :D
    Batmite? :rotfl: :rotfl: I recall that character dun sa 80's Batman TV series dun ko una nakita yung si Riddler,Penguin,2Face ,Clayface etc.Obviously si Joker di na kelangan banggitin kasi fave villain sya sa series.