mottled look of skin in an airconditioned room

hi, doc ira!!!

i have naturally fair skin. but when i'm in an airconditioned room my skin becomes mottled and turns into a shade of reddish purple.

i heard once that this is allergy to cold temperature, is this true?

what's the cause of this? what can i do to prevent it?

Comments

• IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Mottling in very cold temperatures is an expected effect due your blood vessels constricting in order to keep heat in. It's not due to allergy or any pathologic condition. You can prevent this by not staying in environments that are too cold.
  • dhinesdhines Member PExer
    so i guess, this would depend on a person's level of cold temperature tolerance?

if it is, how can i improve my tolerance level?
    If constant exposure hasn't increased your tolerance by now, you can't do anything anymore. Just wear protective clothing to keep heat in.
  • dhinesdhines Member PExer
    thanks doc!!! ^_^
  • DaneDane Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Me I have these rashes on my skin on the third day now. Very slight lang itchiness which I can ignore. Hindi naman pantal-pantal mottled look, yes. Para bang ginapangan ng higad. There are streaks probably nakamot ko. Medyo magaspang if I run my hand specially after a bath. Parang temperature related. Please help!
    You need to see a dermatologist. It doesn't sound like you have the same problem as dhines has. You may be having a form of dermatitis which may require topical steroids and/or anti-allergy pills.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file