dry eyes

JongaJonga Banned by Admin PExer
i wear soft contact lenses, but my eyes always get irritated because it always went dry. Is there a way or treatment to make my eyes always wet. I don't want to use glasses the whole day because i feel my face gets distorted due to ultraviolet rays.(feel ko bumabaon yung forehead ko or nasasanay yung upper face ko sa eyeglasses kaya bumabaon)

wish i could always cry, but that's abnormal, right?

yun lang, thnx in advance!

Comments

• IraIra Member PExer
    Buy yourself some Tears Naturale eyedrops and put a couple of drops when you get dry eyes. It's a very common occurence among contact lens wearers, actually, so don't worry so much about it.

Hey eyedoc. ;)
  • sweet_angel79sweet_angel79 Mommy Ni Maiah PExer
    Eyedrops help... that's what I use when I use contacts...my eye also gets so dry
  • eyedoceyedoc Member PExer
    Soft and extended wear contact lenses are hydrophilic, meaning they absorb water...hence your eyes become dryer. Lubricants/artificial tears like Tears Naturale II are meant to combat this dryness and minimize symptoms. Unfortunately, there is no permanent solution to this.

Hi, Ira! :)
  • JongaJonga Banned by Admin PExer
    where can i find this 'Tears Naturale 2'? drugstore? sorry i dun shop too much
  • isle of viewisle of view Member PExer
    Off the topic, pero related sa dry eyes. What can you advice me what to put into my eyes after staring at the computer monitor for long? Is Eye-Mo ok?
    Tears Naturale II should be available at any drugstore. Mercury always has this.

isle of view - Your question is not exactly off-topic :). You see, dry eyes is one of the consequences of prolonged computer usage. You can use Eye-Mo or Visine, but use the one for daily use, not the one for red eyes. In my practice, however, I like Tears Naturale II better. It seems to stay longer on the corneal surface, hence patients are more comfortable for longer periods of time. It feels even better if the drops are chilled, so stick in the ref when not in use.
  • sweet_angel79sweet_angel79 Mommy Ni Maiah PExer
    eyedoc
    you mean, it's better when I use chilled eye drops???

hmm...I will try that...

What's the difference between contact lens comfort drops vs the natural tears eyedrops?
    is there any difference at all? which one is better?

I am using the comfort drops right now because it says that it "removes and prevents protein build up to clean lenses while you wear them"
    Originally posted by eyedoc
    You see, dry eyes is one of the consequences of prolonged computer usage.

kaya pala!!!! now i know. But how does the computer dry your eyes? is it because of the harmful rays? Also if you guys dun mind, i would like to know if what i believe is true, about eyeglasses, which deforms your face. Pansin ko kasi sa mga nagsasalamin e nagiiba yung korte ng mukha, dun sa eye sockets and forehead part ng face. I saw my pictures 5 years ago and my face now, it's kinda different (creepy).
  • TagedyTagedy Member PExer
    I just went to Mercury Drugs and inquired about Tears Naturale II, I was told I need a prescription to buy this. Hindi pala to over the counter med...
    sweet_angel79 - As far as lubrication goes, there's no difference between chilled and room temp eye drops. However,the cold eyedrop would soothe some of the symptoms of the dry eyes better. :)

You can use the comfort drops that come with your set, unless you develop allergic reactions to it.

Jonga - Dryness of eyes due to computer usage is due to the decreased blink rate. Studies have shown that people using computers tend to blink less when they are engrossed in their work. The glands still produce tears, but they are not distributed over the surface of the eye because computer users usually FORGET to blink. :) So, another advice is to consciously blink once in a while.

Tagedy - Huh? Talaga? They classified it as prescription na? Since when? Oh well, if you can't get Tears Naturale II sa drugstore, you can also use Opti Tears. This one is available in optical shops.
  • hello tanong ko lang, masama bang maghilamos or basain nag mata after using the computer or watching the TV for a long time?
    Nope. "Pasma" has no scientific basis.
  • MeAkoMeAko Membership PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    tears naturale is quite expensive...200++ yata isang small dropper. highway robbery ah
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs d ko hilig PExer
    Originally posted by Jonga
    kaya pala!!!! now i know. But how does the computer dry your eyes? is it because of the harmful rays? Also if you guys dun mind, i would like to know if what i believe is true, about eyeglasses, which deforms your face. Pansin ko kasi sa mga nagsasalamin e nagiiba yung korte ng mukha, dun sa eye sockets and forehead part ng face. I saw my pictures 5 years ago and my face now, it's kinda different (creepy).

sa tingin ko rin.. tingnan mo yung itsura ni miko at ni ia parang lumubog yung mata nila... pa laser mo na lang yan dre tulad ng ginawa ni doc. ira
    Sorry forgot to answer this part of your question...There is nothing about wearing eyeglasses that would change the shape of the orbit (the bony part of the eye "socket") or the bones of the face in general. The only function of the eyeglasses is to bend the light in such a way that the image's reflection will still fall on the retina. That's also the same principle that contact lenses work, and even laser correction. Laser correction is both more convenient and more cosmetically acceptable, however, it is not for everybody.
  • MeAkoMeAko Membership PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    eyedoc, any other alternative to tears naturale. I ask the opto at American Eye and he frowned on the use of Eye-Mo, didn't expound why as it seems to me that I wouldn't be able to understand. Parang nagmamadali siya kasi eh. Anyway, I had my laser surgery about 4-6months ago, I don't remember, maybe the laser pierced thru my eyes and got to my memory oblongata.

My grade used to be 700/400 yata, nows its 25/15. Galing ni Dr. Jack Arroyo. But I heard may nabulag na raw siya, totoo kaya?
    nakaka damage pala yung laser sa brain....i'd rather have weak eyes than a weak brain
    Originally posted by MeAko
    eyedoc, any other alternative to tears naturale. I ask the opto at American Eye and he frowned on the use of Eye-Mo,

Tears Naturale and Eye Mo is NOT the same thing.

We do discourage use of Visine and EyeMo, especially the ones with vasoconstrictors ("takes the red out"). The vasoconstrictors are not supposed to be used for long periods of time.
    maybe the laser pierced thru my eyes and got to my memory oblongata.

To Jonga na rin - the laser's effects are only confined to the surface of the eye.
    My grade used to be 700/400 yata, nows its 25/15. Galing ni Dr. Jack Arroyo. But I heard may nabulag na raw siya, totoo kaya?
    This I cannot comment on, since I am not privy to patient's records in American Eye.
  • vp18vp18 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by eyedoc
    Tears Naturale and Eye Mo is NOT the same thing.

We do discourage use of Visine and EyeMo, especially the ones with vasoconstrictors ("takes the red out"). The vasoconstrictors are not supposed to be used for long periods of time.

To Jonga na rin - the laser's effects are only confined to the surface of the eye.

This I cannot comment on, since I am not privy to patient's records in American Eye.

Whats wrong with Vasoconstrictors ? Im using Visine Cool frequently kasi nakakalis ng pagod sa mata . Ive tried tears naturalle to but parang mas effective kasi ang visine cool sa pagod na mata
    Vasoconstrictors literally mean agents that constricts (makes the caliber smaller) the blood vessels. This makes the eyes LOOK less red. It, however, does not remove the cause of the redness. Vasoconstrictors, if used for too long, causes rebound congestion. This means that blood vessels will no longer respond to the agent, dilate and become even more red because of the larger volume of blood (which previously could not pass through) which flows through it.

Most cases of tired eyes are due to dryness of the eyes, that's why lubricants are often used. I like Tears Naturale II because it's just that - lubricants. No added ingredients, hence can be used long term with almost no side effects, unless you are allergic to its components.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file