Home PEx Hobbies Cars and Motoring
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

[Merged] Paint Jobs

my brother is buying a second car... but we noticed it has scrathes... my bro would like it repainted but a lot of his friends advised him to have it 'hilamos'...

what do u think? how much does it costs? where can he possibly have it?

thanks!

Comments

• It really depends on the amount of scratches, dents, and whatnots that the car has on it... but a ballpark estimate... you can spend anywhere from 3k-10k depending on the kind of car, damage, paint, color, yada yada yada... most any car repair shop could take care of this for you.. I suggest going around and getting a quote from reputable looking establishments... you can try Hyper Parts if you like... they're a bit pricey but they do a good job... they're located at corner Evangelista St. & Edsa... right beside Jolibee... :)
  • yorimotoyorimoto PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    try "the wet look" also at makati. a lot of my friends recommend the shop. they have a web site, check it out.
  • Hilamos, or sanding down the current paint coat then applying a new coat is more adviseable then scraping to metal and getting a full repaint IMO... Nothing beats the factory primer and initial rustproofing.

On where he wants to have the paintwork done, a lot depends on the budget. Be careful though, the saying "you get what you pay for" does apply to this as well... try to research on the old customers of the shops that you are considering. Washover usually goes over 20K for urethane paint.
  • Hey! I need help cuz my BMW [316i '98] got a little scratch at its rear bumper and some paint got scraped off. I went to Prestige Libis and they estimated it to cost a whopping P6500!! How much paint was scraped? It's just about the size of a cockroach.. Mahal tlaga..

I wus wondering if any of you know any good car paint services that could just mimic any car color? C.black po ang kulay ng akin. Thanks!
  • Alex Isip sa may Pantranco or Allen Isidro sa may tapat ng Sto. Domingo.

My cousin's 316i, gets its painting services from Alex Isip. Around half the casa price. Super quality and color matching.
  • Need all the advice I can get to get that dinky gasgas sa kotse namin.... gasgas lang naman eh.. mga 2 inches lang kaso cant show it to anybody baka malaman nagasgasan ko patay ako... NEED HELP SOON...saan? Pano? ko matatanggal yung gasgas the CHEAPEST WAY POSSIBLE thanks!:confused:
  • Cheapest ha kasi I dont want to go to a car auto shop or whatever kasi nga baka mahal eh 2 inches lang gasgas..gets? PLEASE HELP ME OUT :eek:
  • buy a rubbing compund at any car accesories shops and just rub it off.:) Ingat lang sa pag rub kasi baka magka swirl marks.:)
  • RUBBING COMPOUND...walang 50 pesos yung WIPEOUT na brand...
  • How deep was that scratch. That is more important than how long was it. Did it go all they way down to the steel? Mahirap magrecommend ng solutions. If only the topcoat of paint was damaged, baka makuha pa sa light sanding and buffing.

Try posting a picture. :)
  • Okay eto I rubbed it with this TURTLE WAX PREMIUM CARNAUBA LIQUID WAX recommended by my guy friend.. naalis 80% nung scratch pero yung 20% mejo pagnatutuyo bumabalik yung scratch.. so ano pa ba pwede? how much ba to get this thing fixed...dati kasi nagawa ko na it cost me P800 kaso sa shell yun sa pasay road pinakiusapan ko guy eh dati kasi highlander lang yung car ngayon honda tong nascratch ko... hay... :shy:
  • It's not so much the brand of the car but the extent of the scratch that will determine the cost. First try the rubbing compound suggestions that has been suggested already. I'm not so sure how clean you want the scratch off, but there are some shops that might do a slight retouch on the scratched area if sanding and rebuffing don't do the trick. Please check these threads out for suggestions on places to go to... hope this helps. :)

auto repair shops in metro manila?
    Car Dents and Scratches
    Merged: Auto Detailing * On Detailing..
    JCB paint shop
    How To Remove Paint Stains....

I can't say that you'll find your answers on all of these threads but one of them should be able to help you... wish you the best on this. :)
  • know how you feel. a friend of mine asked me if the cars nowadays are provided with a "pentel pen" type scratch remover.... kalian ba na phase out yun because i havent heard of that item yet.
  • Yung pentel pen na yun binebenta sa TV. It does not really do a good job for deep gashes. Hindi naman ito phased out as it was never really phased in for OEM use. If you buy a car today, they will still give you touch up paint in a can.

ilove323,

Dalhin mo sa Big Bert's Auto Detailing sa may Araneta. Look for Daving Tong. Ask him what he can do about it. :)
  • alabang area po ako... natanggal na sya... somehow nilagyan ko maraming turtle wax something.. problem is.. will it later on affect the part na may scratch kunwari umulan or pina carwash ko? thanks for the advice taga alabang area po ako so malayo sa Big Bert's.
  • c_brainc_brain PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by ilove323
    alabang area po ako... natanggal na sya... somehow nilagyan ko maraming turtle wax something.. problem is.. will it later on affect the part na may scratch kunwari umulan or pina carwash ko? thanks for the advice taga alabang area po ako so malayo sa Big Bert's.

uy, kapitbahay... kung nawala yung scratch oki na yan.... pag umulan or pina carwash mejo lalabas lang na mas malinis yung portion na ni-rub mo (specially kung bihira niwa-wax yung car and light ang color).... better kung i-wax mo na yung buong car para pantay lahat pag naulanan. :D
  • Originally posted by c_brain
    uy, kapitbahay... kung nawala yung scratch oki na yan.... pag umulan or pina carwash mejo lalabas lang na mas malinis yung portion na ni-rub mo (specially kung bihira niwa-wax yung car and light ang color).... better kung i-wax mo na yung buong car para pantay lahat pag naulanan. :D

How much pa wax ng buong car...?
  • About 200-300 bucks should be enough for a car wax. :)
  • superrrr thanks guys...gawa ko na lahat....looks as if I hadnt done anything to da car! Mabuhay ang PEX! :D
  • I would like to ask where I can have my car painted at a reasonable price? I own a lancer 79 model and gusto ko sana pa strip to metal and other body works pa. I love my car and I would like to enhance it more. Im also planning to set up the engines to make it faster. How much? Thanks