Home PEx Campus

What is the best course to take ?

well if you are going to take up a course what are you going to take up ?, law , medicine, or nursing ??

Comments

• The best course is the course you are most happy with.

Ask yourself this: If I take this course and become a < insert profession here >, will I be happy doing this for the rest of my life until I retire?
    If you answer "yes", then go for it.
  • IscharamoochieIscharamoochie PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    for me the best course is what i'm in now: Philosophy. it may not be that lucrative, but it makes me happy.
  • freakster2k1freakster2k1 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    it depends on what u consider is essential? i thought before we attend school to get a good paying job, after Kant, we attend school to be a better person. Kant is being exported from ROT to Academe.
  • Computer Science now sucks :D
  • i dumped philosophy and shifted to BAA. now i want to go back. :(
  • wala sa "best-best" yan..nasa "gusto" mo yan. pano kung tingin ng iba best nga, eh kung di naman pala talaga un ang tipo mong kurso, di ka din magiging masaya at succesful.
  • take the course you really, really like, not just something you're good at (for me, medicine ang pinili ko)...and you never have to work a day in your life :)
  • nursing is the best course as of now..
  • as of now? hmm.. ewan ko.. pero if i were you, kukunin ko kung ano talaga ang gusto ko and hindi yung gusto ng iba for me and hindi yung "in".. based from my own experience...
  • You might want to consider business courses and accountancy...
  • any course at the ateneo.
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by palikpik
    any course at the ateneo.

Any chance B.S. Architecture is taught in Ateneo? :p
  • accountancy...
  • Originally posted by Dunedain
    Any chance B.S. Architecture is taught in Ateneo? :p

i hope they're offering ab i.q. in ust. it will serve you well to shift there.

Good thing you used the word "hope". It's just like the chance of Erap to become president again. That's as far as it goes.

As for the shift, well.... ....you're already late by more than a decade. My commitment to the one of the top 5 most noblest professions in the history of mankind on the face of this planet and an IQ garnered throughout my experiences has served me more than I'd expect.

Nice try though, even with it's weaknesses. I wonder, with an attitude that you possess against and/or toward a person who didn't walk through the halls of your school, have you figured it out yet your purpose? You got no guarantees yet, kiddo, just like everyone else. Have a nice day. :D
  • Originally posted by elodeon
    Computer Science now sucks :D
    why? because many are taking it up? fewer jobs?

i'm doing computer science because i love programming and i love technology. i don't do it primarily because of money. that's only secondary.

to answer the topic, choose what you like doing...not what's "in demand."
  • Originally posted by Dunedain
    Good thing you used the word "hope". It's just like the chance of Erap to become president again. That's as far as it goes.

As for the shift, well.... ....you're already late by more than a decade. My commitment to the one of the top 5 most noblest professions in the history of mankind on the face of this planet and an IQ garnered throughout my experiences has served me more than I'd expect.

Nice try though, even with it's weaknesses. I wonder, with an attitude that you possess against and/or toward a person who didn't walk through the halls of your school, have you figured it out yet your purpose? You got no guarantees yet, kiddo, just like everyone else. Have a nice day. :D

one of the top 5 most noblest professions in the history of mankind on the face of this planet?

pray tell, what is it?

i suppose it doesn't ask much from its practitioners.
    Wooo. Trick question. Still transparent.
    one of the top 5 most noblest professions in the history of mankind on the face of this planet?

Who do you think raised the Pyramids of Giza, Cleopatra's Needle, and the Sphinx in early Egypt? A bunch of accountants perhaps?
    pray tell, what is it?

You never study, do you? Ever played Age of Empires? It's right there. I thought you're the smart one?
    i suppose it doesn't ask much from its practitioners.

I would do so, but then again, ethics dictates that being an Educator (which falls into the top 5) needs to be paid as well by those who wish to learn such things. You should know, it's called tuition fee. This is without cynicism so to speak.
  • Originally posted by palikpik

UST doesn't need to offer such program... By golly ang tatalino na namin eh... walang kwentang course iyan.

Siguro yun mga Obobtiks sa AdMuke na tulad mo mag-apila na mag offer ng AB-IQ sa Katipunan... para naman maging 90 ang IQ mo...
  • Originally posted by ziggyboy
    why? because many are taking it up? fewer jobs?

i'm doing computer science because i love programming and i love technology. i don't do it primarily because of money. that's only secondary.

to answer the topic, choose what you like doing...not what's "in demand."
    Exactly. That is also why I am taking CS. Plus, one thing I like about CS is that there are a lot of interesting fields you can choose to take -- AI, computer vision, informatics, DNA computing, quantum computing, software engineering, etc.

Deciding that a major "sucks" based on job outlook or salary is pretty stupid, IMHO.