Home PEx Campus

ZERO: odd or even ; negative or positive

research work lang mga brader ... ano sa palagay nyo ???? salamat sa lahat ng sasagot... i know makakatulong lahat kayo.
«1

Comments

  • even yan. positive.
  • it's neither postive nor negative and it's neither even nor odd
  • are you positive?
  • IscharamoochieIscharamoochie PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    depends. are you talking about the infinitessimal or the quantitative zero?
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    the number. it cannot have a value and no positive number can be less than zero. if there was, 1 divided by that number would be greater than infinity!
  • zero is neither negative nor positive... pero diba ang numbers ending in zero ay considered even? ewan ko lang kung even nga ang zero...

    pero yun nga... any number divided by zero ay di pwede...

    ako rin question:
    bakit ang zero factorial eh 1? (0!=1)... tapos ang 1 factorial (1!=1) eh 1 dini? hmm...

    eto makulit.. 1+1=0... prove!
  • Originally posted by foolishgurl
    zero is neither negative nor positive... pero diba ang numbers ending in zero ay considered even? ewan ko lang kung even nga ang zero...

    pero yun nga... any number divided by zero ay di pwede...

    ako rin question:
    bakit ang zero factorial eh 1? (0!=1)... tapos ang 1 factorial (1!=1) eh 1 dini? hmm...

    eto makulit.. 1+1=0... prove!

    I think 0! = 1 is a definition
  • jeune_fillejeune_fille PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Zero is even number....
    "Even numbers are numbers when divided by two the remainder is zero"

    Zero is neither pos. nor neg.
    "Based from the number line or cartesian plane"


    Tama nga ba sagot ko nye hihihihihihih :)
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i think you'll find the answer beyond the locked door in the department of mysteries, ministry of magic.
  • IscharamoochieIscharamoochie PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Bertrand Russell took on the number in his Principia Mathematica, which can be found in most libraries.
  • Special number ang zero.

    Ginawa yan to signify nothing, off, etc. and as a "place holder". Pero it's not the same as "null" in computer terms.

    Sa number systems, place holder sya for the digit right after it signifying a step in its base. I.E. 10 base 10 = ten; 10 base 2 = two; 10 base 16 = sixteen.

    Tama ba? Hehehe.
  • integers are divided in three classifications: negative, 0, and positive. so, 0 is neither negative nor positive. 0 is simply 0.
  • Originally posted by alikishi
    I think 0! = 1 is a definition

    it's not a definition because you can't define it.

    0!=1 is simply a convention accepted by mathematicians.
  • Basta pag may zero na na-return na value somewhere at nasama yun sa computation... Stack overflow error! Wahehehehe :D
  • Originally posted by jeune_fille
    Zero is even number....
    "Even numbers are numbers when divided by two the remainder is zero"

    Zero is neither pos. nor neg.
    "Based from the number line or cartesian plane"


    Tama nga ba sagot ko nye hihihihihihih :)

    so, how do you define odd integers? are odd integers numbers when divided by two the remainder is one?

    so zero divided by any number has a remainder of zero.

    Therefore, zero is neither even nor odd
  • Originally posted by alikishi
    so, how do you define odd integers? are odd integers numbers when divided by two the remainder is one?

    so zero divided by any number has a remainder of zero.

    Therefore, zero is neither even nor odd
    What kind of stupid argument is this?

    Person A says: An even number is a number that returns a remainder of zero when divided by two.

    Person B says: Zero divided by any number will return a remainder of two.

    To Person B, the question should be: so what? If an apple can be defined as a fruit, does the fact that it can also be defined as organic make it NOT an apple?

    If the definition of Person A is correct, it's common sense to conclude that odd numbers are numbers that yield a remainder OTHER than zero when divided by two.

    Sheesh.
  • Originally posted by DLSUNemesis
    What kind of stupid argument is this?

    Person A says: An even number is a number that returns a remainder of zero when divided by two.

    Person B says: Zero divided by any number will return a remainder of two.

    To Person B, the question should be: so what? If an apple can be defined as a fruit, does the fact that it can also be defined as organic make it NOT an apple?

    If the definition of Person A is correct, it's common sense to conclude that odd numbers are numbers that yield a remainder OTHER than zero when divided by two.

    Sheesh.

    oops... parang mali nga yung sagot ko.
Sign In or Register to comment.