Home PEx Hobbies Recreation

so into craft...

i just started doing the art of parchment craft.

what kind of craft are you into?:D
«13

Comments

  • May alam ba kayong magandang craft na puwedeng ipagbili sa Christmas? Iyong something unique para maattract ang mga tao na bumili.
  • rykiel, I got into parchment craft designing my wedding invites. Any tips on embossing?
  • I am so into many things!
    - decoupage
    -papercutting
    -paper mache
    -I used to make paper pero matrabaho, so I haven' t done so for the past 7 years, I stilll have a mold and deckle though. :)
    -marble chop carving (chinese seals)
    -origami (not yet expert level heheh)
    -polymer clay (oh please...sino alam kung saan nagbebenta ng supplies?)
    - any interesting craft which involves glueing :)
    - I want to get into QUILLING

    Parchment craft looks interesting ha. Some people reproduce the patterns on their wedding dresses on the paper, then frame it :)

    dalagang bukid: Some people make soap or candles pero medyo common na though...maybe you can make essential oils naman or lotion. Jewelry is very popular din, but you have to stand out. I once met someone into beads, pero yung difference nung sa kanya is maraming incorporated na bent wire sa necklaces niya, forming hearts, curves, ganon :)

    Right now I'm making Christmas decor for the tree. I bought pouches of marbles (holen) in Divi, P15 per pouch (cool eh?), I glued silver string on it (for hanging) using silicone sealant tapos I covered the silicone sealant blob with a piece of sequin (same color as the marble). Dami ko na nagawa! They look small,...pero hopefully maganda pag sinabit na.
  • Originally posted by Misa Hayase
    I am so into many things!
    - decoupage
    -papercutting
    -paper mache
    -I used to make paper pero matrabaho, so I haven' t done so for the past 7 years, I stilll have a mold and deckle though. :)
    -marble chop carving (chinese seals)
    -origami (not yet expert level heheh)
    -polymer clay (oh please...sino alam kung saan nagbebenta ng supplies?)
    - any interesting craft which involves glueing :)
    - I want to get into QUILLING

    Right now I'm making Christmas decor for the tree. I bought pouches of marbles (holen) in Divi, P15 per pouch (cool eh?), I glued silver string on it (for hanging) using silicone sealant tapos I covered the silicone sealant blob with a piece of sequin (same color as the marble). Dami ko na nagawa! They look small,...pero hopefully maganda pag sinabit na.

    ey misa hayase :) wer do you get your paper for papercutting? do you know wer to get colored recycled paper? thanks!

    btw that's a great idea for christmas decor! do you use the flat stones na para din marbles or marbles tlga? :D
  • Misa, so cool! BTW... kung wala ka nang plano sa mold and deckle mo... did you ever think of selling it? *hinting* :D
  • rykiel, I got into parchment craft designing my wedding invites. Any tips on embossing?


    Mymnosene check out this link
    http://angelascraftcentre.com/products/pergamano_tips.asp for embossing tips and more ;)
  • witchcraft
  • Thank you very much Misa Hayase for the idea. I am thinking to make a parol na pangdecoration sa loob ng bahay, iyong easier to make- then may personal picture with x-mas decoration siya and then glue it around sa matigas na roll cardboard at lagyan ang dulo ng x-mas tail na sinasabit sa real parol. Kung may printer ka, marami kang ma pri-print sa iba't-ibang design. Hindi ko pa nasusubukan gawin ito, idea pa lang. Anong sa palagay ninyo ang mas mabuti para gumanda pa itong project na binabalak ko? Thank you.
  • Originally posted by SiOMs
    ey misa hayase :) wer do you get your paper for papercutting? do you know wer to get colored recycled paper? thanks!

    btw that's a great idea for christmas decor! do you use the flat stones na para din marbles or marbles tlga? :D

    Any paper is okay naman...depends on anong effect gusto mo. If you like stained glass...pwedeng black na paper. Kung chinese style paper cutting usually red art paper. If you like the german (?)style ("scherenschnitte" yung tawag) pwede ring parchment paper tapos you can put it on fabric matting then have it framed...ganda... I've seen this in papemelrotti :)
  • Originally posted by Mymnosene
    Misa, so cool! BTW... kung wala ka nang plano sa mold and deckle mo... did you ever think of selling it? *hinting* :D

    Uy, I got this lang from papemelrotti... maybe you can ask their main branch in QC if they still have it...it's a kit :)

    Sioms... I used the spherical marbles. You can do a lot of things with those flat marbles (yung clear colored) ... or the ones na half round half flat. Pwede mo lagyan ng tiny photo sa flat part (so it shows when you look at it round side up), tapos lagyan mo ng magnet or parang thumbtack sa likod non (so nakasandwich yung pic between the flat part and the magnet/thumbtack). You can cut out pics in magazines... funny yun pag for example, nora aunor...elvis..mga ganon. :D
  • Originally posted by dalagangbukid
    Thank you very much Misa Hayase for the idea. I am thinking to make a parol na pangdecoration sa loob ng bahay, iyong easier to make- then may personal picture with x-mas decoration siya and then glue it around sa matigas na roll cardboard at lagyan ang dulo ng x-mas tail na sinasabit sa real parol. Kung may printer ka, marami kang ma pri-print sa iba't-ibang design. Hindi ko pa nasusubukan gawin ito, idea pa lang. Anong sa palagay ninyo ang mas mabuti para gumanda pa itong project na binabalak ko? Thank you.
    You can also get parol frames from the palengke tapos ikaw na lang maglagay ng paper/cellophane
  • Originally posted by Misa Hayase
    Any paper is okay naman...depends on anong effect gusto mo. If you like stained glass...pwedeng black na paper. Kung chinese style paper cutting usually red art paper. If you like the german (?)style ("scherenschnitte" yung tawag) pwede ring parchment paper tapos you can put it on fabric matting then have it framed...ganda... I've seen this in papemelrotti :)

    errr what is papercutting exactly? actually mahilig lang ako magcut ng paper hehehehe :bungi: pero that stained glass effect thingie, gusto ko yan ma-try dati pa :) so wer do you get your stuff? like that german style thing and parchment paper? what's fabric matting din nga pala? sounds fascinating! :D

    sory dame questions ha but id really really appreciate if u'd answer my q's... thanks thanks and many more thanks Misa Hayase! :D
  • Sioms... parchment paper is available in National bookstore... it's the paper used sa mga certificates.

    I like to read a lot of crafts magazines kaya nakikita ko yang Scherenschnitte. Look it up sa google para makita mo.

    Fabric matting...it's just some fabric where you affix the papercut before you get it framed.

    You can try looking up "chinese papercuts" sa google. Paper cutting is easy and cheap. You just cut paper in many designs and mottifs. :)

    I get paper from the bookstore lang, but there's this shop in Paco (Paz street near San Gregorio street) kalimutan ko na yung name... they sell paper, from big sheets of japanese paper to handmade paper, tsaka paper na mukang filmy sheets of lace..mga ganon. Parang gusto mo tuloy gumawa ng lampshade. :) They also have paper with Japanese prints (parang cherry blossoms, ganon)... kaso lang mahal yon per sheet, around 40-50...nakakahinayang gamitin. :)
  • ang saya-saya :bounce2:

    thanks misa hayase! cant wait to start! *okay*
  • Sioms...post ka pics ng projects mo hehehe.
  • wala pako natatapos kasi mejo busy eh :hiya:

    ikaw nalang misa! :D para id have an idea what papercutting is and kung san yun ginagamit tlaga hehe chaka pics dn ng iba mo pang projects...im sure we (all the crafts-lovers out there) would love to see them :)
  • wahhh gusto ko sana mag lagay ng pics but I'm clueless! dapat ba inuupload pa yung pics somewhere para ma-show dito?
  • here's a sample of parchment craft


    butterfly.jpg
    wahhh gusto ko sana mag lagay ng pics but I'm clueless! dapat ba inuupload pa yung pics somewhere para ma-show dito?

    Misa you can upload photos of your project in your website, if you don't have one, try uploading in an online photo album. thanks for the tip where to buy papers, i live near paco by the way :D
  • Thanks! I hope you found it! (*looks for free online server..nooneenoo*)
  • pang emboss ng paper, e, medyo mahal, pero pagawa kayo ng dry seal na may design na gusto ninyo, tapos lalabas sa paper, sa may recto, nasa P700 per dryseal
Sign In or Register to comment.