Home PEx Sports NBA
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

HAHA... Japanese bballer YUTA TABUSE signs with the Denver Nuggets

naunahan pa tayo ng mga hapon... arigato! gosaimas! moshi moshi!

this is interesting. bano ba talaga si tabuse like what some pexers here are saying? o hindi?

pang-display o marketing gimmick lang ba ng denver si tabuse? o hindi?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=211&xlc=1061691

Nuggets add Tabuse: Japanese guard Yuta Tabuse signed with the Denver Nuggets on Friday.

Tabuse, from Yokohama, played for Division II BYU-Hawaii before joining the Toyota Alvark of the Japan Basketball League. An NBA Japan spokesperson said Tabuse would be the first Japanese player in an NBA training camp.

The 5-foot-9 Tabuse also played in six games in the Rocky Mountain Revue for the Dallas Mavericks last summer, averaging 4.5 points, 1.7 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 13 minutes.

Comments

• KARTOGKARTOG PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ...di ba scout na si Norman Black ng Raptors...
    kaso pinapa-scout ata sa kanya mga Koreans...
    di bale...diba me player-agent na nagsabi kukunin daw si Yancy de Ocampo ng ValleyDawgs...

USBL na lang nga, di pa pala tutoo...huu malaas...hehe
  • yeah napanood ko laro ni tabuse during summer camp, hindi sya gaano ka talented pero masipag/marunong magdepensa miski maliit. sana ganito mag laro ibang pba players.
  • Originally posted by KARTOG
    ...di ba scout na si Norman Black ng Raptors...
    kaso pinapa-scout ata sa kanya mga Koreans...
    di bale...diba me player-agent na nagsabi kukunin daw si Yancy de Ocampo ng ValleyDawgs...

USBL na lang nga, di pa pala tutoo...huu malaas...hehe

i think it isn't black.. maybe you are refering to Jim Kelly..
    actually Jim Kelly was kicked upstairs in the Raptors management and now he got Black as a 'stringer' ... bale per-scouting report ang compensation ni Norman sa Raptors. Black was discussing his arrangement while covering Friday's game I think. He even mentioned he's doing reports on the imports.
  • Originally posted by KARTOG
    actually Jim Kelly was kicked upstairs in the Raptors management and now he got Black as a 'stringer' ... bale per-scouting report ang compensation ni Norman sa Raptors. Black was discussing his arrangement while covering Friday's game I think. He even mentioned he's doing reports on the imports.

ah ok.. thanks for the info dude.. :)
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Let's just wait and see if Yuta Tabuse will crack the regular season roster of the Nuggets. If so, then it should serve as an inspiration to his fellow Asians that even the vertically-challenged players can make it to the NBA. Before, only the Chinese giants had a crack at the NBA.
  • Yancy de Ocampo?? hahaha.

point guards lang natin yung pwedeng maka consider man lang sa NBA.

sa tingin ko mas magaling si Alapag kay Tabuse.

siguro Abbarientos had a chance dati, pero di natin malalaman kasi di siya pinayagan ng Alaska mag try out :)
  • GNATUP ANI NAUUNA PA CYA EH MAS MGALING PA C CORTEZ DON ALAPAG EVEN ABBARIENTOS!!!!
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    Filipino players are weak, in the physical sense. Cramps is an "alien" injury to NBA players.

sheep.jpg
  • sana makapasok si tabuse sa reg. season roster ng denver, cuz that means japanese sports channel BS1 may carry all of the 82 regular season games of the nuggets.

hindi naman sa gusto ko ang nuggets, pero masaya kapag may nba game araw araw sa mga japanese channels.
  • I don't think he is going to crack in the lineup. he's more likely to be cut first cuz this dude ain't got no talent. he ain't got enough skills to be in the damn league. the denver nuggets are making a publicity stint and i'm pretty sure japanese media are trying to get into it. the lebanese guy got cut last week. right now only chinese have legitimate NBA game. period
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    The truth is that NBA preseason and training camp rosters are really expanded because its like basically combining the team from last season with the best players from the team's summer league entry plus other invited free agents. Hence, having as many as 24 players on the bench is possible.
  • Pang training camp lang 'yan. All NBA teams need training camp players now para makalaro sila. Under the new agreement with the player's union, veterans of at least 4 years in the league don't have to report during the first few days of training camp. That means rookies, sophs and a handful of young vets lang. So kumukuha sila ng mga player like Tabuse para makapag whole court sila kung kailangan.
    Why don't PBA players hang out in the NBA training camps so they can get valuable experience, you know, to improve their craft? Siguro mentality na talaga dito sa atin pag-akyat mo sa PBA iyon na iyon, made ka na as a bball player. Effect na din ito siguro ng di pagkapopular ng international competitions sa mga fans. Kasi nga naman kung ang mga fans alang pakialam kung ano nangyayari sa int'l scene at dito lang ang importante sa kanila di ang paghahandaan ng mga PBA players yun lang competition dito.
  • hahaha... ito na nga ang sinasabi ko eh... :glee:

s4nu-nugnote-b_d.jpg

GANGSTA!!!
    ============

Media flock to Japan's best player
    Nuggets rookie would be first from his nation to stick in NBA

By Chris Tomasson, Rocky Mountain News
    October 1, 2003

Jeff Bzdelik spent countless hours during the summer preparing for training camp. He watched miles of videotape and went through reams of paperwork.

But as the Denver Nuggets coach walked out of the Pepsi Center following Tuesday's first practice, he realized he hadn't done enough.

Advertisement

"I'm going to Borders to get a Japanese-English dictionary," said Bzdelik, who had just witnessed a media invasion. Ten Japanese reporters and camera operators showed up to follow Yuta Tabuse, attempting to become the first native of Japan to make the NBA.

"This is a big story," said Yasushi Kikuchi, a reporter for the newspaper Hochi Shimbun. "He's the greatest basketball player that we've ever had."

After Tabuse's first practice, media crowded around the 5-foot-9 point guard. Then the media met with Bzdelik, who spoke slowly in English while writing down his answers to avoid misinterpretation.

Tabuse, who played at BYU-Hawaii and averaged 4.5 points for Dallas in last summer's Rocky Mountain Revue, is a long shot. But that hardly matters to the Japanese media.

"I did not expect there would be this many of them at the first practice," Tabuse said. "I explained it will be hard to make the team. But it's good for me because it can push me."

While no native of Japan has made the NBA, Wat Misaka, a Japanese-American born in Utah, did play three games for New York in 1947-48. And Golden State drafted Japan's Yasutaka Okayama in the 10th round in 1981.

"This goes to show how popular Yuta is and how popular the NBA is in Japan," Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said.
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    potah i send nga natin si cortez at alapag sa tate......tignan natin kung may ibubuga yang tabuche che na yan!!!
  • dapat ipadala cna alapag at cortez pati si miller sa mga training camp ng NBA! aba kung itong hapon na to nakapasok bakit di tayo huh!

pero ang tanong papayag ba yang mga PBA teams?
  • aba buti pa mga hapon may representative na sa nba...:glee: pero malamang lng bangko yan....:teehee:
  • Originally posted by krove
    sana makapasok si tabuse sa reg. season roster ng denver, cuz that means japanese sports channel BS1 may carry all of the 82 regular season games of the nuggets.

hindi naman sa gusto ko ang nuggets, pero masaya kapag may nba game araw araw sa mga japanese channels.

SANA NGA
  • http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2003100907

7 pts, 3-5 FG, 3 ast. 3 reb. in 11 minutes

not bad. ala earl boykins ang laro niya.