Mitochondria: The Fire of Life Within All of Us? — PinoyExchange

Mitochondria: The Fire of Life Within All of Us?

Scientists has proven that mitochondria are semi-independent organism or organelle that exist within every cell of the human body. Mitochondria have their own DNA like humans. And if they have their own DNA then the Mitochondria are not humans, they are alien to human cells.

And that Mitochondria are the ones that create the energy that allows the human cells to survive. And mitochondria can only be passed to the offsprings by the female. No mitochondria is passed by men to their offspirings, countering Mendell's Law of equal sharing.

But when was mitochondria first introduced into female humans? Are mitochodria actually alien parasites. If women are the only ones that can pass mitichondria, then a woman must be the first creation? Or was Adam not really a complete human till the original Eve with the mitochondria in her cells appeared?

http://biocrs.biomed.brown.edu/Books/Essays/MitochondrialDNA.html

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/ingman.html

Comments

• why is this an issue? Evolution has discredit the creationists. And the questions are design to discredit recreationists.. its been done, the design debate had moved to the cosmological level..
  • mac_bolan00
    mac_bolan00 Banned by Admin
    Originally posted by freakster2k1
    why is this an issue? Evolution has discredit the creationists. And the questions are design to discredit recreationists.. its been done, the design debate had moved to the cosmological level..
    when will philosophers stop treating scientists as mules? those guys aren't wracking their brains just to satisfy eggheads who spend most of their time wondering.
  • mac bolano. i understand the importance of the discovery. this will allow further studies in fields such as medicine. but what does the discovery have to do with theology?
  • mac_bolan00
    mac_bolan00 Banned by Admin
    know the difference between a letter and a number?

scientists have the propensity to paraphrase things like "And that Mitochondria are the ones that create the energy that allows the human cells to survive. " to "fire of life". never you dissect.

"Or was Adam not really a complete human till the original Eve with the mitochondria in her cells appeared?"

this doesn't make sense to me either. don't worry. theology is still farthest from my mind.
  • Does this mean that without the mitochondria, humans will not be able to function the way they are now (since mitochondria are the ones that convets things to energy? Hmmmm.

And are mitochondria present in other creations other than humans? If not, then evolution will not apply here either? lools like humans are the way they are now because parfasites invaded the female of the species and stayed there up to now.
  • Originally posted by freakster2k1
    mac bolano. i understand the importance of the discovery. this will allow further studies in fields such as medicine. but what does the discovery have to do with theology?

Realm of Thought
    Free thinkers congregate here! Speak your mind about philosophy, theology, and the sciences – and how everything comes together in the real world.

I think the operative owrds are - and how everything comes together in the real world. - doesn't that make it an issue in this forum?

Where was theology mentioned in the original post and or the links?
  • parasitism, no. simbiosis, probably.
  • Lucca Yamazaki
    Lucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die!
    Interesting, reminds me of an old story in Heavy Metal...
  • Darius,

Speak your mind about philosophy, theology, and the sciences – and how everything comes together in the real world.

There is an underlining premise, that is, it has to connect. Exactly, my point. There is no connection, and thus, it cannot be discussed. Read the initial post again, and you will see the intention of the author. If you miss the intention, re read it again.
  • neptune
    neptune 8th rock from the sun
    crusher>>supposing that eve was first created and that eve bears the mitochondia, how then can eve be able to transfer the mitochondria to adam (by self-propagation?) or to her descendants if she needs a male to transfer it? (where did adam came from?)

darius03>>most eukaryotes(plants and animals) have mitochondria... and mitochondria IS NOT the only organelle that can transform biomolecules (carbs, proteins) into energy. it just so happened that the Krebs cycle (which was mentioned in the article) occurs in the mitochondria
  • ruger97
    ruger97 Punk in Drublic
    basta... ang alam ko lang sa mitochondria the "powerhouse" of the cell... responsible for the ATP which is important for every body function.

dapat emphasis sa oxygen... air. "you know it blows but is not sure where it goes or where it comes from"... oxygen feeds your fire.
  • Originally posted by Ischaramoochie
    parasitism, no. simbiosis, probably.

parasitism is a form of symbiosis.

but, it was posited that a primordial cell-like organism, like any of those that inhabit the ancient earth, ingested another organism (mitochondria) and eventually developed a symbiotic relationship with each other.
  • nah, not really. parasitism is only a one-way relationship.
  • Originally posted by Ischaramoochie
    nah, not really. parasitism is only a one-way relationship.
    basic biology will tell us that symbiosis is really any of three different living arrrangements between living organisms of 2 different species: commensalism,mutualism, and PARASITISM. :) check out yer grade school bio book. :)
  • sorry i took bio in highschool. anyway, i stand corrected. :D