Okay bang magtrabaho sa Dubai?

Kay_NoahKay_Noah Banned by Admin PExer
I've been working in a call center for almost 2 years now and lately I've been I'm thinking of going to Dubai to look for a job. I took up Economics in UP and I don't know if there are a lot of good job opportunities for my course. Where should I start? I have relatives there but I'd like to exhaust all possibilities by myself before asking for their help. I don't know if a background in a call center industry helps. I just want to leave the country and work somewhere else. Does anyone know where or how or who do I contact for jobs in Dubai? Has anyone here worked in Dubai? Are they okay, compensation wise?

Comments

• DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PExer
    Dubai is the only place on Earth where those practicing architecture in the most unnecessary ways happen. But it's also the shopping place for most Europeans (like how Pinoys and the rest of Asia treat HK). Not to mention that here is where you can rent an SUV and just simply go nuts on the sand dunes.

My aunt used to work there for more than 10 years in the hotel industry. She's got no complaints. How to get work there? Not really sure - but I do know is that Dubai isn't as strict as Saudi.
  • heymikeyheymikey SCAN THIS... PExer
    Dubai is one of those places where the expatriates outnumber the locals. Believe it or not, 70%-80% of Dubai's population are expatriates so you really wouldn't have an idea what the locals look like. Plus, it has a high standard of living. There are nice powdery white sand beaches available to the public for free and most of them are within the city limits. It is quite cosmopolitan -- it has bars, malls, amusement parks, waterparks, etc. If you live in Dubai, you will forget that you live in the Middle East. The city's atmosphere feels more European than Arab so you don't have to worry about the strict rules found in other arab countries.
  • Ey,

It's nice to hear your posts. Kakatuwa! I'm going to Dubai din kasi 3 weeks from now.

For Kay_Noah: I wish you the best in job-hunting :) Pareho din tayong UP :)

frisco
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs d ko hilig PExer
    Kung gusto nyo malaman about UAE punta kayo sa Filipinos Everywhere...

link

Dubai is OK.. but I prefer Abu Dhabi... mas magastos sa dubai compare sa Abu Dhabi... Call Center in UAE??? hmmmm nde ko alam kung me mga existing call centers dito... most likely nsa Phil and singapore... customer service at call center ba pareho??
    pero kung kayo ay mga engineers.. right place ang UAE
  • haberdasherhaberdasher Banned by Admin PExer
    MY Bro and sis works there .... and yes, very high ang cost of living ... it's an open city so u girls dont have to worry about those strange clothes, and people there are mostly from the european countries ....

i think the most expensive hotel is there.

my sister works in jumeirah hotel btw, and she says it's more than a 5 star hotel here in the philippines ....

try going to www.bayt.com , that's like a jobstreet for middle east countries ....
  • kixterkixter LordoftheMonsters PExer
    I lived in dubai for 3 years since my dad worked in PAJA when i was 8 years old... all i can remember is that it was clean and everything was very western atmosphere like unlike in other Arab cities.... the police there are using jaguars as their police cars, MB as taxis and others.... the cost of living there is high but the people can afford it since there salary is high as well.....

I was supposed to work there but I turned it down since I still like to stay in the philippines awhile longer..... but am planning to work there next year (I hope)....

:hiphop:
  • Bea19Bea19 Member PExer
    ok daw sa dubai e.i have a lot of frnds working there. para lang daw pinas at sbrang cheap daw ng pamilihin.
    Yup!! ok as dubai... puro kasi sale! kahit 5% sale papatusin na ng mga Pinoy! :D Sa Abu Dhabi kasi ako 1 1/2 Hr lang papuntang Dubai... pero mas prefer ko dito sa AUH kasi dito makakaipon dun hinde.. tutal kung ano tinda rin naman sa Dubai meron din dito... :D .... taxi na lang talo ka na sa Dubai... iba ang flag rate nila kesa sa Abu Dhabi..
  • ambertookmeambertookme A Y A K A T O ✭✭✭
    yes,there are call centers in dubai,mostly indian owned. if u got a place of your own or if u'll live with someone u know,malaki matitipid mo.
  • xtremz0xtremz0 memBeR PExer
    hi guys!

i read all your posts re working/staying in Dubai and i find it exciting...i'm working here in singapore and i'm planning to try my luck there...can i go there in tourist visa and look for a job?..
    btw, i'm into IT. is it that easy?..how about expenses?...

thanks in advance and hope somebody out there will help to answer my few questions..

cheers :cool:
  • dancingqueendancingqueen you can never can tell..... PExer
    xtremz0,

regarding your queries, you may refer to my previous posts in the "Where are the UAE Pexers? Hmmm...." thread found in the Filipinos Everywhere Section.

i'm sure you'll find a nice job here. good luck!:)
    Originally posted by xtremz0
    hi guys!

i read all your posts re working/staying in Dubai and i find it exciting...i'm working here in singapore and i'm planning to try my luck there...can i go there in tourist visa and look for a job?..
    btw, i'm into IT. is it that easy?..how about expenses?...

thanks in advance and hope somebody out there will help to answer my few questions..

cheers :cool:

baliktad tayo ako naman gusto ko lumipat ng singapore heheehhe
    the_BuGs: what's your reason why you are trying to move from there to singapore? problem here is they're very strict in terms of getting a foreigner to fill-up the job bcoz a lot of locals are jobless for the past couple of months.but it depends in your area of expertise... now,when you look at their ads, mostly they will highlight that they want Singaporean or Permanent Resident...
    as what i've told you, it really depends.btw, you r into what field?

extremz0: actually dito rin... kaso sa government lang hindi tatamaan ang privates dahil mataas ang salary rate ng mga locals dito
  • JohnstonJohnston Thank You For The Love ✭✭✭
    what are the opportunities in dubai?
  • dancingqueendancingqueen you can never can tell..... PExer
    Originally posted by xtremz0
    the_BuGs: what's your reason why you are trying to move from there to singapore? problem here is they're very strict in terms of getting a foreigner to fill-up the job bcoz a lot of locals are jobless for the past couple of months.but it depends in your area of expertise... now,when you look at their ads, mostly they will highlight that they want Singaporean or Permanent Resident...
    as what i've told you, it really depends.btw, you r into what field?

xtremz0,

the_BuGs is from Abu Dhabi, not from Dubai - but here's right - dito din ang gusto nila localization na. But I think malayo pa mangyari na maging big problem yan kasi talagang kokonti ang locals na may capacity to hold jobs in different fields. Sabi nga rin ni The BuGs sa kabilang thread (Where are the UAE Pexers.../Filipinos Everywhere), maganda ang opportunities dito sa UAE kapag nasa engineering ka. I think sa architecture, advertising, interior design, IT, medical industry and marketing eh malaki rin ang potential ng mga Pinoy kasi magagaling tayo dito at laos ang ibang mga lahi (pero hndi nila aaminin yon) - I'm speaking for Dubai ha? Also, Indians are very competitive sa ating mga Pinoy - especially sa IT field - bukod sa napakadami nila eh mura pa sila tumanggap ng package kaya madalas nagiging problema ng mga Pinoys dito.

I think Abu Dhabi is very different in terms of culture - mas marami kasilng locals duon at medyo laid back. Dubai is very modern compared to the other Emirates - maybe because 75% of the population (of Dubai) are expatriates, and mostly Europeans. Even in terms of lifestyle, sobrang cosmopolitan ng Dubai. I've been to Singapore for a short stint, and I can say na pareho silang maganda, but I find Singapore to be too stiff (but not naman boring). Personally, I prefer Dubai kasi maluwag talaga ang it really spells O-p-p-o-r-t-u-n-i-t-i-e-s...
    dancingqueen,

thanks for the info. at least i have an idea on what to expect in dubai. it seems that you're enjoying your work there :). btw, do you have any idea of the salary range of IT people working there? And what are the benefits/package they usually offer to a qualified candidate? Because a year ago, i had an offer to work there, lucky i didnt accept it because accdg to what i heard was the offer is way below when i personally look for a job there. Lastly, roughly how much per month do u spend on your basic expenses (accommodation, food, transpo, etc.)

Sorry for asking you a lot of questions, i just want to prepare myself and my budget before i go there.

Thanks again :)
    Tip ko na lang xtremz0

sa Dubai wag kang papayag ng less than 4K Dirhams na BASIC Salary... at shempre hihingi ka rin ng Transportation allowance,Meal Allowance,Housing Allowance,yearly airfare ticket and of course medical.

Kaso nga lang Indians ang kalaban natin dahil sila kahit sa maliit na package tinatangap nila dahil kaya nilang mabuhay sa tinapay,kamatis at sibuyas sa pang araw araw na pagkain :D
    dancinqueen : grabeh ka naman nde naman laid back dito.. yung gimikan lang ang laid back hehehehe... besides dito kasi maraming locals na me pinag aralan eh (UK/US Grads) and of course malaki salary nila... kasi minimum basic salary ng mga undergrad at HS na local eh 5,500 Dirhams yata. Tapos sa mga nakapag aral na local eh nde ba-baba ng 12K dirhams :D laki no... kaya yung ibang locals sa Ajman at Sharjah nag susundalo na lang.... kasi dito sa Abu Dhabi nandito lahat ng Oil Companies at Engineering Firms kaya mayayaman ang local dito :D dito pa
    nakatira at palasyo ni Sheikh Zayed :handsdown: ruler ng UAE

Tsaka maganda sa Abu Dhabi at Dubai extremz0 dito mo nalalasap ang taste of freedom. Sobrang baba ng crime rate.. pdeng maglakad ng hindi ka kinakabahan kung me hoholdap.. idisplay ang magarang cellphone.. maglakad ng lasing! hahaha.. kaibigan ko nahuli ng pulis pero hinatid lang sa bahay ng pulis.. mababait pa pulis dito kumpara sa Pinas at Saudi! :D. Kung sa Pinas yan nabagansya ka na at kung sa SAUDI kulong ka hehehe
  • JohnstonJohnston Thank You For The Love ✭✭✭
    what are the opportunities in dubai?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file