Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

One Tree Hill

onetreehill.jpg

Series Premiere: September 23rd, 9/8c on The WB

Starring: Chad Michael Murray, Hilarie Burton, James Lafferty, and Moira Kelly.

Synopsis: Aside from a love for hoops, it would seem that Lucas (Chad Michael Murray, Dawson's Creek, Gilmore Girls) and Nathan (James Lafferty, Emeril) are two young men with little in common, but they are bound by the dark secret that they share the same father.

Arrogant and assured, Nathan is the star of the high school basketball team and hails from a wealthy family. Quiet and driven, Lucas is the only child of a single working mom. He is also a legendary playground basketball player. After growing up on opposite sides of the tracks in the same small town of Tree Hill, North Carolina, the two boys' lives suddenly collide when a twist of fate puts Lucas on Nathan's high school basketball team and the half-brothers compete, not only for control of the court, but also for the heart of Nathan's beautiful girlfriend Peyton Sawyer (Hilarie Burton, MTV's TRL).

Lucas' transition into Nathan's world creates an instant love triangle. Peyton is an intensely private and sensitive girl. She is a gifted artist, but for now, she keeps her art hidden from the world. Although she is Nathan's girlfriend, she quickly feels a connection to Lucas. Peyton lost her mother at a young age and, like Lucas, she knows the pain of growing up without a parent. She and Lucas both see the world from an outsider's point of view.

Nathan is painfully aware of the rapport between Peyton and Lucas, and it doesn't take him long to notice that Lucas' best friend, Haley (Bethany Joie Lenz), is an unusual and intriguing girl. Because of her close friendship with Lucas, Haley finds herself suddenly forced to deal with this strange new world of wealth and privilege.

While the teenagers struggle to find their places in the world, the adults in Tree Hill are dealing with the residue of decisions they made years ago. Nathan's father Dan (Paul Johansson, John Q) and Lucas' mother Karen (Moira Kelly, "The West Wing") were high school sweethearts. When Karen became pregnant during their senior year, she was devastated by Dan's decision to put his own life and career first. He went off to college on a basketball scholarship, leaving Karen behind to raise their son Lucas alone. When Dan's dream of a basketball career didn't work out, he returned to town with the wife he met in college and his new son, Nathan. Now a wealthy businessman and one of the biggest fish in the small pond of Tree Hill, Dan lives his basketball dreams through Nathan.

Dan's actions have had a ripple effect on many people in the town. While Karen struggled to raise Lucas without a father, she remained friends with Dan's older brother Keith (Craig Sheffer, A River Runs Through It). Keith is Lucas' biological uncle and has served as his surrogate father over the years. His connection to Lucas is complicated by his attraction to Karen, and he is haunted by the possibility that he and Karen might have ended up together - and the hope that they still could. Karen's entire adult life has been focused on her son, but now that he's taking his first steps into a new world, she knows she can't protect him anymore.

Lucas and Nathan's new rivalry on and off the court has even brought back old emotions for the grizzled basketball coach, Whitey Durham (Barry Corbin, Northern Exposure). Whitey coached Nathan's father, Dan, when he was the school's star player, and now he is coaching both of Dan's sons. He knows he is partly responsible for Dan's decision to not give up his scholarship when Karen became pregnant, and he has to juggle conflicting responsibilities and loyalties toward the two boys.

Years in the making, a deep and bitter conflict slowly unfolds as the two boys struggle to come to terms with who they really are and a father who has chosen to live vicariously through one son, while ignoring the existence of the other.

One Tree Hill is from show creator Mark Schwahn (The Perfect Score), executive producers Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola (Smallville) and Ann Hamilton (thirtysomething, Party of Five) for Tollin/Robbins Productions and Warner Bros. Television Production Inc.

Trivia: They are filming at Wilmington, North Carolina - same location as Dawson's Creek. :)

Official WB Site

Comments

• another..town..in USA...

hope i'll like this one..
    like EVERWOOD and SMALLVILLE
  • Dawson Creek's replacement on the WB.

I am looking forward to this show and hopefully it gets good ratings. :)
  • yeah i hope so too :)
  • cHarL!e's AngELcHarL!e's AngEL PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i hope we get this here..i miss Chad Michael Murray on TV :*)
  • Don't forget!! It's at 9/8c right after the season premiere of Gilmore Girls :wave:
  • I just finished watching its series premiere!!!:D

All I can say is... oooff.. this has got to be Chad Michael Murray's most droolworthy character to date!:lovesigh:

Anyway, it's still the pilot. I hope it gets better and better. Another thing.. Hilarie Burton is so pretty when she flat irons her hair. Why can't she keep it that way?

hilarie_1.jpg

So.. what's your verdict? :beam: About the show, I mean. Or her hair. Whatever floats your boat.
  • Kay Lenz daughter totally looks like her!!!! She's like her twin sister.

Anyway, the first episode was okay.... I just have a hard time watching two white boys play hoops.. :D

The encore show is tonight if anyone missed it.
  • may nanood ba? the story is interesting

the new dawson's creek daw

one tree hill: Pilot

tuesday | 9/8c

Aside from a love for hoops, it would seem that Lucas (Chad Michael Murray, Dawson's Creek, A Cinderella Story) and Nathan (James Lafferty, A Season on the Brink) are two young men with little in common, but they are bound by the dark secret that they share the same father (Paul Johannson, Beverly Hills 90210). Nathan is the star of the high school basketball team and local town hero while Lucas is the only child of a single working mom (Moira Kelly, The West Wing). Now the two boys' lives collide when a twist of fate puts Lucas on Nathan's team and the half-brothers compete, not only for control of the court, but also for the heart of Nathan's beautiful girlfriend Peyton (Hilarie Burton).
    Bethany Joy Lenz, Sophia Bush, Barry Corbin and Craig Sheffer also star. Bryan Gordon directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn.

WB Site

Screenshots:

Image081.jpgImage008.jpg

Image017.jpgImage028.jpg

Image029.jpgImage040.jpg

Image043.jpgImage046.jpg

Image053.jpgImage065.jpg
  • Next Tuesday:

Image083.jpgImage086.jpg

Image082.jpgImage087.jpg

Image080.jpg

one tree hill: The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most

All New | tuesday (9/30) | 9/8c

Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) blows his first Varsity game and decides to quit the team. The wedge between Nathan (James Lafferty) and Peyton (Hilarie Burton) continues to grow after Peyton tires of Nathan's jabs at Lucas. Meanwhile, Keith (Craig Sheffer) forces Karen (Moira Kelly) to deal with her feelings for Dan (Paul Johansson) after she refuses to step foot in the high school gym to support her son.
    Bethany Joy Lenz, Sophia Bush and Craig Sheffer also star. Bryan Gordan directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn.
  • the first episodes last tuesday was good. chad michael murray is a pretty good actor. i hated him in dawson's creek though. lol. and moira kelly is awesome. i loved her in the cutting edge. another show to look forward to!! oh and his dad is an ***.
  • ok yung episode, na attract ako kasi it involves basketball! hindi cheesy yung story unlike 7th heaven or gilmore girls... or at least hindi pa... pero napaka poor ng basketball acting nila! nung nag 1 on 1 sila tas shumushoot yung isa (si tristin sa gilmore girls) nakatay lang yung isa! ano yan pinapabayaan nya mag shoot? to think ALL STATE basketball player daw sya sa show! anak ng tokwang laro ng "all state" yan! ok yung show, the best yung babes! needs just a lil tiny improvement on the basketball part!
  • Next episode will feature CMM in a shower scene!!! :glee:
  • I can't imagine Moira Kelly as a MOM!! :lol: I still see her as the Figure Skater in The Cutting Edge! :rotfl:
  • Originally posted by f0r5aK3n
    I can't imagine Moira Kelly as a MOM!! :lol: I still see her as the Figure Skater in The Cutting Edge! :rotfl:

I know, that was weird! Somehow I expected her to say "toe pick" at one point in the show. Hehehe. :glee:
  • When I saw her name in the credits I was expecting her to be a high school classmate! :lol: Gawd, this must be how it feels to be OLD... :rotfl:
  • ohh may thread na pala na ganito.. =) I made another one kasi

anyways here some sshots from last tuesday's episode! I got hooked after the first episode =)

Screenshots:

Image081.jpgImage008.jpg

Image017.jpgImage028.jpg

Image029.jpgImage040.jpg

Image043.jpgImage046.jpg

Image053.jpgImage065.jpg
  • Next Tuesday:

Image083.jpgImage086.jpg

Image082.jpgImage087.jpg

Image080.jpg

one tree hill: The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most

All New | tuesday (9/30) | 9/8c

Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) blows his first Varsity game and decides to quit the team. The wedge between Nathan (James Lafferty) and Peyton (Hilarie Burton) continues to grow after Peyton tires of Nathan's jabs at Lucas. Meanwhile, Keith (Craig Sheffer) forces Karen (Moira Kelly) to deal with her feelings for Dan (Paul Johansson) after she refuses to step foot in the high school gym to support her son.
    Bethany Joy Lenz, Sophia Bush and Craig Sheffer also star. Bryan Gordan directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn.
  • wait, is dat hilarie, mtv vj?

gosh, so that's where cmm went to after gilmore...hee.:lovesigh:
    one tree hill seems pretty dawson's to me. but it looks k. i think he would have been great as ryan in oc though.then marisa would be luke who?hee. but at least he has a new series out.
  • yeah, that's mtv vj hilarie burton. :)