Home PEx Sports NBA

Penny or Shaq?

bastebaste PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Shaq the number 1 pick in '92
Penny the number 3 pick in '93 but was traded for the number 1 pick then (webber) w/c makes him virtually the number 1 pick.

I was just wondering who do you think is a better player? then (when they reached the finals in '94) and now.

for me i think penny was the better players then when they were together in orlando. but right now, with penny's injuries shaq has become the better player. But still shaq hasn't stamped his dominance of leadership with the lakers. And until then i think he won't win a ring. This year the and the previous years LA has a big chance to win it all. and as for penny and the suns this will be a great season to start from.
what do you think?

Comments

• nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    Well, even if everyone says that Shaq hasn't won a ring yet, neither has Penny. Penny has lost a step since his injuries the past two years. Shaq, on the other hand, is still as dominating as ever. Penny has to step up his game, to try to bring back the level of play he once exhibited. Shaq on the other hand has to realize that an NBA Championship can only be done if you work well with your teammates.
  • The Rock says that it's pretty clear that Shaq is the better player now. He was in the top five in MVP voting last year, it was just unfortunate that his abdominal injuries hurt his chances. The difference between Shaq and Penny boils down to one thing: heart. Shaq may not be vocal enough or enough of a leader for the Lakers, but no one can question his desire to win a championship. Despite injuries, he plays through them. The Rock lost any remaining respect for Penny after he gave up on his team in the 97-98 season even though they had a playoff run at the end of the year. He could have worked out or tried to show his teammates that he wanted to be there for them if not for the season, then for the playoffs. Much like what Patrick Ewing did that year.

Penny not only showed no desire, he also showed no heart as he sat down and let his team get a lower seeding rather than play to get a higher ranking entering the playoffs. He may have played well for a game or two in the playoffs, but the Magic could go no farther than the first round, just like last year. He couldn't even control Iverson. Yes, that's a tough task, but he bragged about getting ready to shut him down after the 1st game. Instead, Penny allowed Allen to run rings around him and allowed the Magic to be eliminated once more.

Shaq has matured considerably since his Orlando days. He has taken the brunt of the blame for the Laker failures the past few years. He has also deferred MVP speculation this year by stating he's rather win a championship than individual awards. He believes that the press don't like him anyway so they probably wouldn't vote for him. It's the championship, and the team that matters now.
  • I think Shaq now is dominating and will always be despite his injuries, he still is a force in the paint.

Penny on the otherhand, although not as successful as Shaq is still consideratlely
    good and plays well. Look out for him this season with the suns!!!
  • Wow, just can't help but feel sorry for Orlando. Going from a potential championship team with two of the NBA's most promising stars, to a team where the closest they have to a "star" is their coach, Doc Rivers. Poor poor Orlando.
  • man dis s wat ive w8ted 4.... shaq vs (his old buddy) penny... hus gonna win???
  • :)P.E.N.N.Y :)
  • :LOL:PENNY:LOL:
    Mas astig panoorin!
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    id lovve for penny to win, pero si shaq mananalo nyan.......
  • bastebaste PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    PENNY ako.... but neth_row says shaq's gonna win.... kaya mas nagaging PENNY ako... go penny go ...........ALL THE WAY
  • yeah boy let... m got a better question hus a better buddy penny or kobe??
  • penny s gonna give shaq a run for his money in the series... just like what nick anderson gave him while the lakers played the kings

reddevil.gif
    pucha, may obsession ata sakin tong baste na to ah....tsk tsk tsk.....stalker....
  • fReAkfReAk PExer
    sayang mutikan ng manalo suns, hmmm langya kac c shaq, sayang performance ni penny tuloy natalo

reddevil.gif
  • Penny can't beat Shaq one-on-one or on a team. That gutless moron won't even come close to being MVP or All NBA especially with shooting guards like Kobe, Iverson, Eddie Jones, and Ray Allen. Shaq has already destroyed the competition all season long, Penny is just another ant on the Diesel's run for an NBA championship. grrr.gif

If you smell what The Rock is cookin! :cool:
    hahahahaha :D

sabi ni penny, there should have been a foul daw when shaq went up and blocked his shot during the final minute.....sabi naman ni shaq wala daw.... :D:D:D
  • Penny is gifted, a very good baller.. but he often lacks the heart. I pick Shaq.
  • penny is will have the hardest stuff on his shoulder. i hope he'll put up the challenge and kaboom! destroy shaq in the process(hehehe)wishful thinking....
  • Road DoggRoad Dogg PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's hard to compare who's better between a center and a guard because they play completely different. But I go for Shaq!

Two tears in the bucket...

If ya ain't down with that, I've got two words for ya...

SUCK IT!!! :D
  • bastebaste PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by neth_row:
    pucha, may obsession ata sakin tong baste na to ah....tsk tsk tsk.....stalker....

pucha..... baka nga.... or.... baka lang masyado ka lang KSP at napapansin mo kung ano ano... o wellll... :D
    go PENNY :)
  • fReAkfReAk PExer
    penny's team won tambakan pa hehehe

reddevil.gif