Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

NIP/TUCK...a new TV series from FX!

Nip/Tuck is the most original show to come out of the U.S. this season. It is a graphic and gritty expose of plastic surgery in south Florida. Hotshot plastic surgeon Christian Troy (Julian McMahon) enjoys all the perks of the successful and growing Miami practice that he shares with his best friend, Sean McNamara (Dylan Walsh). But while the money and women continue satisfying Christian's needs, years of selling a phony image have taken their toll on Sean and distanced him from his wife and children. Throughout the years Sean has become cold and ignorant to his families needs. Christian’s arrogance has lead to a lack of integrity and ethics, which catches up with him.

The characters are well developed, the action is constant and the story keeps you enthralled. This edgy medical drama from Ryan Murphy ("Popular") explores the dark side of plastic surgery and the painful--and sometimes violent--lengths people will go in their quest for external beauty.

Comments

• i can't wait for this series to go on air. nakakasawa na yung mga teen-oriented shows eh.
  • Won't this show be shown on FOX instead of F/X?
  • here in the US, it's ONLY shown on the FX cable channel 'coz of its mature theme (mostly sexual), partial nudity (lotsa sex...courtesy of playboy dr christian troy, played by julian mcmahon) and its graphic surgical scenes (when they do the actual nipping/tucking on their patients). hindi papasa sa network channels kahit na ipalabas pa ng midnight...

i dunno :shrug: kung saang channel ito ipapalabas outside the U.S. since FX is also FOX, baka nga doon ipapalabas pero DEFINITELY it's NOT a prime time show ala "sex and the city"...
  • ENJOY BROWSING! :eek:

*pexadik* ---> http://www.fxnetwork.com/shows/originals/niptuck/main.html *okay*

try to watch this show from the beginning so you can follow the characters' dilemma...you'll love it! :cheers:
  • cHarL!e's AngELcHarL!e's AngEL PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    too bad we don't have it here..i miss Julian McMahon ever since he left Charmed :(
  • Originally posted by cHarL!e's AngEL
    too bad we don't have it here..i miss Julian McMahon ever since he left Charmed :(

why? :shrug: where are you at? :wondering:
  • I just found out that this show will be shown here in Canada. It will be on CTV, which is a local broadcast network channel, and it will premiere on Sunday. It seems like a nice show. I'll give it a try.
  • i watched the premiere eppy last night and... I GOT HOOKED! :D

lupet naman nung ibang scenes! a lot of pretty gruesome operating scenes and some nudity. di talaga pwedeng pambata.

sana Sunday na ulet!
  • Yeah, I too love this series. I love how gruesome the operating scenes were. Kadiri talaga.
  • 1 1/2 hours ba yung series premiere? di ko sigurado eh. parang mejo mahaba yung dating kasi...
  • Originally posted by pagan
    1 1/2 hours ba yung series premiere? di ko sigurado eh. parang mejo mahaba yung dating kasi...

YES! :up: the series premiere was 1-1/2 hrs long...watch for more surprises! :eek: you'll never know what will happen with the characters. :mecry: :ladiesman: :drive: :bump: nakaka-shock kasi minsan eh. you'll see what i mean in future episodes. :sssh: QUIET LANG AKO...*okay*

BTW, NIP/TUCK has been renewed :deal: for another season. WAY TO GO! :cheerleader:
  • Cosmo... hehehe... i take it that you've read a few spoilers? ;) or asa US ka ba? tapos na ba Season 1 diyan, or sabay lang tayo dito sa Canada? hehe dami bang tanong? LOL.. sorry ha. excited eh. hihi... :p

this soon, may 2nd season na? steeeg! :D
  • i saw the pilot. it was okay, even though it was pretty apparent that the surgeries were fake, imo.
  • Originally posted by pagan
    Cosmo... hehehe... i take it that you've read a few spoilers? ;) or asa US ka ba? tapos na ba Season 1 diyan, or sabay lang tayo dito sa Canada? hehe dami bang tanong? LOL.. sorry ha. excited eh. hihi... :p

this soon, may 2nd season na? steeeg! :D

Hi! :wave: i just watched EPISODE 7- Cliff Montegna last night (SEPT 9th). here in the US, it's shown every tuesdays at 10:00pm (FX channel) with an encore presentation at 11:30pm. i just saw the preview of next week's episode and i can't wait to see it...TUESDAY na sana!

you know what? it's sooo soon :eek: that this NEW series has been renewed. that means, may following :handsdown: na talaga dito sa US that's why they renewed it this early. after the 2nd episode pa lang kasi, nabasa ko na they're coming back next season. usually kasi, they wait before the season ends to announce it. they will have a press release naman kung 'di nag-click with the viewers at ia-ax na ang show even before it ends. i guess people loved :inluv: the concept of the show kaya FX decided to pick it up for another season. may chemistry talaga ang mga characters and they complement each other plus add the story line with its twisted concept kaya naging hit dito...*okay*

Here's a gist of EPISODE 8 - Cara Fitzgerald:

After discovering that a patient lied to him in order to have work done to mask his crime (SPOILER: a priest molested a child), Christian is forced to take matters in his own hands. Meanwhile, after causing an accident (SPOILER: they ran over a female pedestrian) with his friend Henry, Matt's conscience drives him to enlist Sean's help in caring for the victim whose mother won't allow treatment for religious reasons...

***i am an avid fan of NIP/TUCK after i watched EPISODE 5 'coz i've been hearing a lot of buzz about this new tv series on tv, radio, papers, etc. i gave it a try out of curiosity. akala ko nga i won't be able to watch it from the beginning BUT guess what? the week after, they ran the first 5 EPISODES every night (Mon-Fri) so i got to watch it from the start. if you want to know more about future episodes, NIP/TUCK's site has a message board where you can read other people's comments, spoilers, views, etc. pls refer to my previous post for the site...:wink:
  • may kapapanood lang ako, ang title NIP/TUCK, tv series na tungkol sa mga plastic surgeons. maganda kasi lahat ng klase ng reconstructive job ginagawa nila. lahat cliente nila, transexuals, ***** stars, rich people...maganda ang views kasi napakababaw ng tingin ng tao sa sarili at superficial beauty ang nangingibabaw. bida ay si julian mcmahon, si cole turner dati sa charmed, dylan walsh at si joely richardson, etc...yung anak nga lang ni dylan at joely dun ay kamukha ni michael jackson na puti nga lang...
  • onga pala...aabangan ko yan. gusto ko din yan :)
  • lurklurk PExer
    i was able to catch last week's episode about the transexual guy... i instantly got hooked! the show is not "skin deep", it tackles more than that, ethics, morality, relationship, and the list goes on... once a week lang ba to?
  • This is my new must-watch drama.
    It's such a nice edgy show.
    I'm hooked.
    Julian McMahon rocks.
  • review ng tv tome: A disturbingly perfect new drama

This drama is set in a south Florida plastic surgery center, McNamara-Troy, centering around the two doctors who own it. Sean McNamara (Dylan Walsh) is having problems at home, trying to keep his family together, trying to patch up the rocky road him and his wife Julia (Joely Richardson) are experiencing. On the other hand, sex-craved Christian Troy (Julian McMahon) uses his "charm" to bring in potential female canditates and conducts shady business deals, often for the love of money. While Sean takes his job seriously, he often has to fix Christian's mistakes. Now, at the end of the first season, we are left wondering if Sean is really the biological father of Matt (John Hensley), or if Christian is.
  • 2 thumbs up for this bold and exciting new drama!

:up: :up: