Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment

Suggested Foreign Films

Lately, I find myself wanting to watch foreign films...Nakakainis I missed cinemanila...anyway....ano masusugest niyo panoorin ko? I've seen "Talk to Her", "Life is Beautiful", "My Wife is an actress"......I'm planning to collect dvds na kasi :)

preferebly yung mejo art film ang dating...

Comments

• crybabymakicrybabymaki PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    heres a link to a thread that delves into the same subject:

French, Italian and other foreign language movies?

theres another thread called "foreign art films" out there somewhere, but i just cant seem to find it.

but anyways, to answer your question. i find myself drawn to foreign art movies as well. the spanish speaking world, especially, has blown me away with how awesome their movies have been lately. if you are a die-hard almodovar fan (hes the guy who made talk to her), i suggest you watch "all about my mother." sobrang galeng non *okay*

dami pang maganda:
    • amelie
    • belle epoque
    • brotherhood of the wolf
    • nowhere in africa (last years winner for best foreign film in the academys)
    • farewell my concubine
    • kolya
    • like water for chocolates

i could go on and on and on and on....

:heart:
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    naku, you should watch amelie :)

eto pa iba:
    raising the red lantern
    angela's ashes
    batang west side
  • "my sassy girl"

it's a surprisingly good romantic comedy that supposedly broke box-office records in korea.

i liked "brotherhood of the wolf". it's like the matrix set in 19th century France.
  • nineballnineball PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    CITY OF GOD!!!!!
  • illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mal?na, starring Monica Bellucci and directed by Giuseppe Tornatore. Possibly my fave movie ever. :)
  • altairaltair PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Lucia y el sexo - Spanish

Tales of the Unusual - Japanese

"Hillary and Jackie" - about Jacqueline DuPre and her sister. Jacqueline DuPre is Daniel Barenboim's ex wife
  • y tu mama tambien
    la femme nikita
  • enchiladasenchiladas PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by illumina
    Mal?na, starring Monica Bellucci and directed by Giuseppe Tornatore. Possibly my fave movie ever. :)

This one's nice. :)

Here's one you might wanna watch: "Cinema Paradiso" *okay*

I remember watching it back in the late 80's early 90's (parang ganun) and absolutely Loved it!
  • my life as a dog - a swedish movie about a young boy and how he deals with all the difficulties in his life. ang galing. napaiyak ako ng movie na ito. :)
  • Leon - stars Gary Oldman, Jean Reno and Natalie Portman (Luc Besson film)

Seven Samurai - Akira Kurosawa classic

A Clockwork Orange - Stanley Kubrick

Amelie - too good to pass up

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - cockney humor at its murderous best
  • where do you get to watch these foreign films?
  • amores perros
  • malena, the road home
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by victor_vil
    where do you get to watch these foreign films?

meron sa cable sa TV5 minsan may mga subtitles na english. or sa movie magic channel. dun ko napanood yung Not 1 Less (a film set in china). tsaka attend foreign film festivals sa shangri-la, greenbelt (yung cinemanila na katatapos lang) tsaka kung malapit ka sa la salle sa instituto cervantes madalas merong showing ng spanish films. mga embassies usually may mga ganitong activities din :)
  • definitely amelie!:)
  • illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by enchiladas
    Here's one you might wanna watch: "Cinema Paradiso" *okay*

I remember watching it back in the late 80's early 90's (parang ganun) and absolutely Loved it!
    I've watched that too, but I didn't like it as much as Mal?na. Perversely enough, yung crush ko roon ay yung oldest Toto, si Jacques Perrin. :glee:
    I got to watch the uncut (Italian) version of Nuovo cinema paradiso...and here's where I say that for once, the cut (international) version would've been better. The Italian and international versions of the film have totally different stories because of those missing scenes. :)

I still haven't seen the uncut/Italian version of Mal?na, though.

I've heard Tornatore's La leggenda del pianista sull'oceano, starring Tim Roth, is also good, but I don't know where to find it....
  • Y tu Mama Tambien
    Amores Perros
    Amelie
    Life is Beautiful
  • Amelie - (french) this film's really fun to watch

Malena - (italian) shows how beauty can be destructive

Cinema Paradiso - (italian) watch both the old and new versions. personally, i like the old one better kasi mas happy yung ending :)

Il Postino - (italian) about the relationship of a simple postman and the famous pablo neruda (though neruda is a real poet, the film itself is fiction)

La Lengua de Mariposa - (spanish) focuses on the relationship of an old teacher and a very young pupil

Indochine - (french) set in Vietnam, this is a beautiful film but it's 3 hours long

Au Revoir Les Infantes - (french) one of the best foreign films i have ever seen! it's set in an all boys catholic school during world war II and focuses on the friendship of two students, a catholic and a jew (who disguises himself as a catholic)