Atopic Dermatitis...help.

i have TOTALLY DRY SKIN and i only use AVEENO LOTION for it. for my face, i use d same thing. i cnt use scented soaps and anything harsh. they say that i should limit showering to less than 5 mins.
can anybody suggest what do i do with my skin problem?
i have tried cetaphil, novas soap and all the medicines..from virlix to benadryl to alavert to zyrtec...
does anybody know any home remedies to use to serverely dry skin?
i was told to drink lots of water. i was also told to put olive oil on my skin. was also told to use crisco oil. what else is out there?
is brown sugar-mixed with oil effective?is body scrubbing bad for your skin too?
thanks.

Comments

• IraIra Member PExer
    Have you tried Dove?
  • asianhunkyasianhunky Member PExer
    almost did but Dove has fragrance and i am allergic to that as well
  • confusedguyconfusedguy Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    try glycerine soap. thats what i use. I also have the same skin condition. :)
  • IraIra Member PExer
    asianhunky, there is an unscented Dove already available in the market. I just saw them yesterday at Rustan's Supermarket, as a matter of fact. I think it comes in a green (or blue, can't remember) designed package instead of the usual pink. You may want to try that out.
  • asianhunkyasianhunky Member PExer
    thanks ira. what lotion do u use?
    thanks confusedboy. my cosuin also recommended that to me. hearing it from two persons is just enough. thanks.
  • IraIra Member PExer
    I use L'Occitane Pure Shea butter at night, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula moisturizer as needed, and Neutrogena body oil after bathing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file