Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

The Amazing Race V (TAR5) [No Spoilers Allowed]

MeAkoMeAko PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Whew. In the true tradition of starting TAR threads, I'm glad no one beat me to it. =)

I just read an article from Nestor Torre (PDI) and he mentioned that there WILL be a TAR V, dunno where he got his info.

M' Ada, paki palitan naman ang TAR IV to my name as the thread originator :) . Just a tad bit OC about being the TAR thread originator for 5 series in a row :*)

Long live TAAAAAAR!!!

Which Team Will Win TAR5? 94 votes

Brandon and Nicole
43% 41 votes
Chip and Kim
22% 21 votes
Colin and Christie
26% 25 votes
Linda and Karen
7% 7 votes

Comments

• flareflare PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Just pray TAR5 will exist.
  • Yay! I sure hope so...TAR is the best reality show ever!!:)
  • The answer is in the ratings.

"The Amazing Race" was in danger of cancellation due to the mediocre ratings of some of the episodes from TAR3.

CBS decided to give it another chance at medyo umangat naman yata ang ratings ng TAR4.

The question is: will the ratings uptick be enough for CBS to green light a TAR5 or will it not be enough such that the network might push through with a decision to cancel it.

Sayang naman kasi talagang sobrang exciting talaga itong reality show na ito!

Let's hope TAR4 delivered the goods para magkaroon tayo ng TAR5.
  • i read somewhere that TAR4 will be the last na...i think it was on aintitcool.com...parang series finale na raw 'to
  • mars11mars11 引きこもり PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    woohoo! sana nga matuloy ang TAR 5!

go Reichen baby!
  • oh well though we all hope na may TAR 5 we also know na malabo pa to kasi ala pang casting...ika nga deciding stage pa lang...this thread is super early pa....pero sige i really hope there will be 1

i am sad kasi soon the TAR 4 thread will fade away
  • sana merong TAR 5 nga!!! i love this show.. this is the best & the only reality show that i watch!!
  • Sa tingin ko lang ay mas mataas ang ratings ng TAR 3 dahil nandun si Zach and Flo. :)

But then again, malay natin baka nga maraming nanuod ng TAR 4.

I am praying na may TAR 5. This is really one cool show. Hindi ako magsasawa.

Baka meron sa inyo ang nag-record ng TAR 1 - 4, pahiram naman ako.
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ang aga ng thread na to ah! :glee:
  • I think they have mediocre ratings in the U.S.. I posted on another message board of another website. Most of the memebrs there are Americans. I created a post which was about TAR 4.. All I got was negative remarks saying that the show is boring and not worth watching and they included there that reality shows like "Big Brother" and "Bachelor" are better.. I was like "huh?".. I think that it is interesting to watch "Bachelor" but the objective of the show is so shallow.. You cannot just find someone through a game.. Solve your problems on that through the natural way... It is really stupide. The only reality shows I think that are good are Survivor and Amazing Race.. But I found Surivivor nakakasawa and boring after 4 seasons.. They have changed the rules that really angered me e.g. think of the reason why Paschal, the old man got eliminated during the final 4 of season 4 in Marquesas.

Haha.. going back to thread I was talking about, I finally concluded and said to them that I think no one is very interested with the show so I better shut up. Another one replied saying "Yes. You better shut up and let this thread die in peace. The only reality show I check out is the news show." haha.. and the thread was pushed to the bottom of the board unlike here in PEX.. We Filipinos seem to love it so much that we are hoping to see them one day and shake hands with Phil..:)
  • Me, too, I'm also wondering why this show isn't a hit with the US crowd. Sa totoo lang, I've been an avid Survivor fanatic, but when I caught the first eppy of TAR4 (admittedly, this is the season I finished 1st - last leg), I got hooked! Maganda ang concept, and although hindi ganun yung interaction with other contestants, yung interaction with your teammate was very interesting to watch. Siguro, nabibilisan sa pacing yung mga taga US, kaya feeling nila boring yung AR. Chaka kasi sa AR, IMHO, kapag di mo naumpisahan, di ka gaganahan panoorin yung susunod na eppies. Ganun yung nangyari sakin nung TAR 1 and TAR 3. Middle eppies lang ang napanood ko so I was quite bored. Kaya when TAR4 was aired, I made it a point to watch it from the very beginning.
  • blearghbleargh PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sana nga may TAR5! :bounce: I heard (or probably read) a rumor somewhere na may TAR daw na celebrities ang kasali. so I guess it ain't true kung may chance na ma-cancel ang show na 'to.

wag naman sana... ang laki ng fanbase nya sa Pinas e (and I assume sa Asia). tska kailangan pa nilang dumaan sa Maynila!!
  • Yup, hindi ratings fave ang TAR sa US pero critically acclaimed to dun. If only the good reviews translated to numbers. I just hope CBS realize that TAR fans are loyal and passionate. Tsaka worldwide pa! :D

I do have to disagree about hating Survivor because of the changing of rules. Some changes may turned out negative (fake merge, to name one) but I think the idea of the purple rock is brilliant. That way, there will really be no ties and it will really be every man for himself. This was the reason why there were no ties in the Amazon. This was also the reason why there was no pagonging that season. It's just inevitable for Survivor to apply some changes to make it less predictable as it grow older.
  • Siguro sa sobrang dami ng reality shows sa States.... Survivor, The Bachelor, Big Brother, The Bachelorette, Restaurant, Joe Millionaire, Boy Meets Boy, etc..... eh hindi na talaga nila mapansin ang The Amazing Race kaya kulelat sa ratings.

Sayang naman, kahit napakalaki ng fanbase ng TAR sa Pinas, 'yung US audience pa rin ang makaka-apekto sa decision kung i-re-renew ang The Amazing Race. At isang medyo malaking itlog ang TAR sa ratings kaya nagdedelikado ang TAR5.
  • tequilapjtequilapj PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    :lol: here we go again! sana nga may mapag-usapan tayo sa thread na 'to...

:)
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    survivor sucks.....kakatamad ng panoorin....i wonder why it is still a top rated show halatang setup mga decision.......
  • jaypogijaypogi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sinong may sabi last na ang TAR....

TAR got nominated....this reality game show will go on...

TAR is one of the best reality game show here in America!
  • bagelbagel PEx Rookie ⭐
    Originally posted by noinertaus
    I think they have mediocre ratings in the U.S.. I posted on another message board of another website. Most of the memebrs there are Americans. I created a post which was about TAR 4.. All I got was negative remarks saying that the show is boring and not worth watching and they included there that reality shows like "Big Brother" and "Bachelor" are better.. I was like "huh?".. I think that it is interesting to watch "Bachelor" but the objective of the show is so shallow..

i think those are the "masa" americans, the working class if i may say so. i think it's still a hit among white collar americans.
  • weird lang talaga ba't hindi ka patok sa US ang TAR. they'd choose The Bachelor over TAR?!?(at least those ppl noinertaus mentioned) :rolleyes: + :eek: = :mconfused:

sana sa TAR5 naman maisip na nilang dumaan dito!!!! naisip ko lang: kung ba naging destination na ang 'Pinas sa early TARs at tapos ito na palang TAR4 ang last season...ok pa rin bang mawala na ito kasi nakapunta na naman sila dito? (sa akin, hindi rin, kasi maganda talaga concept ng TAR)
  • sana nga tuloy to. sana may mga celebrities na mahatak sila sa isang special celebrity leg. baka makatulong yung celebrity exposure para mamulat yung mata ng viewers sa maiooffer ng amazing race. kickass show to eh!