Home PEx Sports NBA
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Do you think kobe's nba card will go down?

I have been collecting nba cards 7 years ago. That was before when collecting nba cards is hot and it was cheaper. I have disposed or sold my nba cards before but left kobe's card thinking that his cards will go up.And it's true, his cards is the most expensive for all the active players.FOR NOW, but because of what had happend (accused for *****). Even though he is proven innocent do you think his cards will go down?

Comments

• I used to collect NBA cards too...man, I was hooked up during those days! naalala ko TGIS (tiis-gutom, ipon-salapi) pa ko non just to buy some packs. :D Back then, after school I'd go to the mall to deal with my fellow NBA cards addicts..ya know, trading cards with them and stuff like that...tapos lagi pa kong updated sa mga price ng mga players nun...I always buy those xerox copy of beckett and RS (Rising Stars ---para sa mga hs and college cards) magazines...marami rin akong kilala nun ng mga pumipitik ng NBA cards...hehe kaya never pa kong napitikan...sayang nga lang nalaos na NBA cards ngayon...haay sayang..hehe

anyway, to answer your question...yes I do believe Kobe's card price will go down...BUT, it will certainly go up again pag natapos na tong controversy nya. Naalala ko noon, si Iverson sobrang taas ng mga cards and I got like 3 insert cards of his during those times. Insert cards talaga, yung tipong 1:1000 ang ratio per pack... pero nasangkot sya sa drugs noon kaya nagpanik ako...ayun pinabaryahan ko lahat ng AI cards ko...bad move for me kasi umangat na uli yung presyo nya pagtapos ng controversy...

my advice to you is if you're a Kobe fan...just hold on to those cards...kahit bumaba na ng tuluyan...fan ka nmn eh...ako, fan ni Clyde Drexler...dami ko ring cards ni Glide 'gang ngayon nakatago pa...mababa lang mga cards ni Clyde pero I didn't care...coz I'm a fan.

btw, meron din akong Kobe cards na naitago. 1 RC and 1 HS card. if you're gonna ask me kung bibitawan ko to, I'd say it won't even cross my mind. nadala nako nung binatawan ko yung mga insert AI's ko eh. :D

june_dunk.gif
  • Originally posted by 9ino
    I used to collect NBA cards too...man, I was hooked up during those days! naalala ko TGIS (tiis-gutom, ipon-salapi) pa ko non just to buy some packs. :D Back then, after school I'd go to the mall to deal with my fellow NBA cards addicts..ya know, trading cards with them and stuff like that...tapos lagi pa kong updated sa mga price ng mga players nun...I always buy those xerox copy of beckett and RS (Rising Stars ---para sa mga hs and college cards) magazines...marami rin akong kilala nun ng mga pumipitik ng NBA cards...hehe kaya never pa kong napitikan...sayang nga lang nalaos na NBA cards ngayon...haay sayang..hehe

anyway, to answer your question...yes I do believe Kobe's card price will go down...BUT, it will certainly go up again pag natapos na tong controversy nya. Naalala ko noon, si Iverson sobrang taas ng mga cards and I got like 3 insert cards of his during those times. Insert cards talaga, yung tipong 1:1000 ang ratio per pack... pero nasangkot sya sa drugs noon kaya nagpanik ako...ayun pinabaryahan ko lahat ng AI cards ko...bad move for me kasi umangat na uli yung presyo nya pagtapos ng controversy...

my advice to you is if you're a Kobe fan...just hold on to those cards...kahit bumaba na ng tuluyan...fan ka nmn eh...ako, fan ni Clyde Drexler...dami ko ring cards ni Glide 'gang ngayon nakatago pa...mababa lang mga cards ni Clyde pero I didn't care...coz I'm a fan.

btw, meron din akong Kobe cards na naitago. 1 RC and 1 HS card. if you're gonna ask me kung bibitawan ko to, I'd say it won't even cross my mind. nadala nako nung binatawan ko yung mga insert AI's ko eh. :D

june_dunk.gif

but if Kobe is convicted...how LOW can it get?
    tnx!
  • ^ Well, I think it will go down to the same level as Grant Hill / Penny Hardaway cards of today if he gets convicted. But as I have said, if you're really a Kobe fan, why not just keep 'em? it's still a collector's item, IMO...

It's a different discussion though if your Kobe cards are around $1000 (or more) each.

june_dunk.gif
  • benchwarmerbenchwarmer PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I think Kobe’s cards will go down in value, but not that much. It will still be one of the more expensive ones, higher than the so-called “semistars”.

Not unless you’re really short in cash, I suggest you hold on to your Kobe’s cards. Just like 9ino said, Kobe’s problem is only temporary, and who knows when the season starts and the interest in his case die down his card’s value will go back to its original value. Might be even better. As 9ino mentioned, if you like the NBA player’s card, you wouldn’t mind their value.

I also used to collect NBA cards from 1991-1999, and now have boxloads of cards. I still haven’t disposed those cards. The inserts I collected were those of Michael Jordan, Anfernee Hardaway and Damon Stoudamire. Penny & Damon’s cards were expensive back then but have since diminished considerably in value. Too bad, the NBA card trading here in the Philippines has lost its luster.

Off-topic:
    kume: meron ka na ba Fleer 94-95 Clyde Drexler insert? yung kulay pink ang background :laugh: meron ka rin ba Starting Lineup ni The Glide 1987 edition yata yon, naka black Blazers #22, kaya lang wala na sa packaging, napaglaruan ko na dati :lol: :teehee:
  • trade tayo, bench? :laugh: ewan ko lang kung meron nako nung cards mo...iniwan ko kasi lahat ng NBA cards ko sa bahay namin sa Pinas eh...kaya di ko ma-check...

june_dunk.gif
  • tp 9ino:

pare! sigurado ako may pera ka naman bumili ng cards dba?:D :D
  • ni wala nga kong perang pang-uwi sa pinas eh...pautang na lang tol! :D

june_dunk.gif
  • benchwarmerbenchwarmer PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    kume: oo ba, sige deal :laugh: Drexler for :no: :lol:
  • for the past years that i've been collecting "TRADING CARDS" (not just NBA also MAGIC, L5R, POKEMON, and BATTLEGEAR)... napansin ko lang pag di ka na nakikita sa TV bumababa presyo!
    i thing regarding KOBE "if" he wont be able to play impretty sure it will go down up as low as the rates of Penny's and Grant's cards..

as for me im collecting the greatest NBA player i've seen.... HIS ROYAL AIRNESS..... i've got about 500 cards from rookie year to washington..
    im not sure nga lan kun bumaba n sya..
    any1 can tell me if MJ's cards has gone down already....