Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

What can you say about the UST Tigers?

Good day fellow Thomasians! I just want to voice out my sentiments for our Men's Basketball Team.

I believe that they should be the team to beat for this year because of the exodus of key players from ADMU and DLSU. We have a very strong frontline consists of Hubalde, Espiritu, Vizcarra. etc. But in reality, we are being eaten alive by the competition. I saw their first game vs DLSU and the loss was humiliating. The Tigers were flat-footed because of the perfect defense of DLSU. Kakahiya to think La Salle is composed of rookies and sophomores lang.

Just wish UST can come up with a better offensive before the season ends or dwell in the cellar.

Good luck to all the UST Varsity Teams

Comments

• Originally posted by cbie2
    Good day fellow Thomasians! I just want to voice out my sentiments for our Men's Basketball Team.

I believe that they should be the team to beat for this year because of the exodus of key players from ADMU and DLSU. We have a very strong frontline consists of Hubalde, Espiritu, Vizcarra. etc. But in reality, we are being eaten alive by the competition. I saw their first game vs DLSU and the loss was humiliating. The Tigers were flat-footed because of the perfect defense of DLSU. Kakahiya to think La Salle is composed of rookies and sophomores lang.

Just wish UST can come up with a better offensive before the season ends or dwell in the cellar.

Good luck to all the UST Varsity Teams

I have to agree with you on that... DLSU has been doing that whole court press for years now.. I mean, we should be able to break them.. I don't know.. It's frustrating to watch sometimes.. I'm a big basketball enthusiast pa naman... Hayyy... :~(

But, I'm a thomasian and whatever happens, UST pa rin... I may not have seen them win the championship when i was there 1997-2001, but I would continue to support them...

Go Tigers!
  • i have been with ust from 91-2001. sa basketball lang naman tayo talo but not with the other teams...

after all, god is a thomasian! ;p

have a great day!
  • a oo!!!
    lagi naman tayong over-all champ e... un nga lan mas focused sa basketball kse televised ng husto...
    nasingitan lan tayo UP ng isang beses e.. :)
  • i hope they'll wake up na para makahabol sa final 4
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the tigers are not so good this year.
  • frustrating...:(

i mean, they're good, but at some point, they always lose their momentum.

sayang...
  • there is a need to change the coaching staff. with it a change in attitude might follow. they must develop the same tenacity like the champions of the 90s.
    uaap basketball is always a question of who wants it more.
    good luck to our team, they still have a chance. i hope.
  • Originally posted by clawed_out
    the tigers are not so good this year.

but they're improving... *okay* and trying hard to be better!
  • Originally posted by cutie_8
    i hope they'll wake up na para makahabol sa final 4

tama ka dyan tsong... yung ibang player kasi puro pa-cute eh... ayaw mag-sipag sa loob, akala siguro nila mr. pogi ang laban! hehehe!

taga-UST din ako, and i have nothing against kahit kanino pero you can't deny na i do have a point... i mean, with UST's present line-up, contender na nga sila (like what the other posters have mentioned) pero they seem to be losing... di ba?
  • Our Thomasian athletes have won for UST the overall championship...

:turncat:
  • AleanceloAleancelo guapo PEx Expert 🎖️
    The Growling Tigers should recruit Kish Co, a 6'5" behemoth who almost single-handedly (scoring, rebounding, blocks, assists) led St. Stephen High School over Xavier School (XS beat UAAP juniors champion Ateneo Blue Eaglets in a Jesuit tournament) in the recently concluded Filipino-chinese High School league. The kid will go places. Paging UST sports officials. Better get Kish Co now before La Salle does.
  • They are expected to finish 8th...

• hay naku.... medyo pa cute nga ang basketball team kelan ba sila gagaling ulet??????

yun bang swimming team champions????
  • yun bang swimming team champions????

The ladies... yes... the men... 3rd... in the juniors... if I'm not mistaken... they've won...

• The Growling Tigers should recruit Kish Co

looks like he's heading to Ateneo...

• malamang yang kish co na yan dlsu ang pipiliin kahit ust pa yung nauna na kumuha sa kanya... sayang...
  • They are a shoo-in for the last 2-3 places.