Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

Freaky Friday

whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
501512.jpg

Who's in it? Lindsay Lohan , Jamie Lee Curtis

What's it about? Dr. Tess Coleman (JAMIE LEE CURTIS) and her fifteen-year-old daughter, Anna (LINDSAY LOHAN), are not getting along. They don't see eye-to-eye on clothes, hair, music, and certainly not in each other's taste in men. One Thursday evening, their disagreements reach a fever pitch -- Anna is incensed that her mother doesn't support her musical aspirations and Tess, a widow about to remarry, can't see why Anna won't give her fiance (MARK HARMON) a break. Everything soon changes when two identical Chinese Fortune Cookies cause a little mystic mayhem. On the next morning, their Friday gets freaky when Tess and Anna find themselves inside the other's body. As they literally walk a mile in each other's shoes, they gain a little newfound respect for the other's point of view. But with Tess's wedding coming on Saturday, the two have to find a way to switch back (and fast). Mary Rodgers' classic novel gets a new spin in this big-screen adaptation..
A tomboy teenage girl, Annabel (Lohan), and her widowed mother, Ellen (Curtis), who are always arguing with each other, simultaneously wish they could be someone else, they somehow exchange bodies, as they both learn (or in the mother's case, remembers) what it's like to be in the other person's situation. As nice as that might be, the duo faces a deadline, as the mother is due to get married soon, and doesn't want to miss the big event (obviously) or for her daughter to get to know her new stepfather (Harmon) a *lot* better than she had expected... There's also the problem of Annabel finding herself stuck with her mom's job as a medical doctor (but without any of the training to back it up)!
Release Date: August 6th, 2003 (wide).
Distributor: Walt Disney

Cast and Credits

Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis, Lindsay Lohan, Mark Harmon, Chad Murray, Stephen Tobolowsky
Directed by: Mark S. Waters

Rate This Movie 22 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
63% 14 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
36% 8 votes
:) :) :) [b]Ok Lang[/b]
0% 0 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
0% 0 votes
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Originally posted by whyte
    501512.jpg

Who's in it? Lindsay Lohan , Jamie Lee Curtis

What's it about? Dr. Tess Coleman (JAMIE LEE CURTIS) and her fifteen-year-old daughter, Anna (LINDSAY LOHAN), are not getting along. They don't see eye-to-eye on clothes, hair, music, and certainly not in each other's taste in men. One Thursday evening, their disagreements reach a fever pitch -- Anna is incensed that her mother doesn't support her musical aspirations and Tess, a widow about to remarry, can't see why Anna won't give her fiance (MARK HARMON) a break. Everything soon changes when two identical Chinese Fortune Cookies cause a little mystic mayhem. On the next morning, their Friday gets freaky when Tess and Anna find themselves inside the other's body. As they literally walk a mile in each other's shoes, they gain a little newfound respect for the other's point of view. But with Tess's wedding coming on Saturday, the two have to find a way to switch back (and fast). Mary Rodgers' classic novel gets a new spin in this big-screen adaptation..

A tomboy teenage girl, Annabel (Lohan), and her widowed mother, Ellen (Curtis), who are always arguing with each other, simultaneously wish they could be someone else, they somehow exchange bodies, as they both learn (or in the mother's case, remembers) what it's like to be in the other person's situation. As nice as that might be, the duo faces a deadline, as the mother is due to get married soon, and doesn't want to miss the big event (obviously) or for her daughter to get to know her new stepfather (Harmon) a *lot* better than she had expected... There's also the problem of Annabel finding herself stuck with her mom's job as a medical doctor (but without any of the training to back it up)!
    Release Date: August 6th, 2003 (wide).
    Distributor: Walt Disney

Cast and Credits

Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis, Lindsay Lohan, Mark Harmon, Chad Murray, Stephen Tobolowsky
    Directed by: Mark S. Waters

Is this a revival of the Disney Film Freaky Friday back in the 80's? I could have sworn I've seen a short disney film of the same title when I was still in high school.
  • crybabymakicrybabymaki PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ohmy gosh!!! i totally, totally love this movie!!!

i was lucky enough to see an advanced screening of this movie a month ago (for free, if i may add. thank god for blockbuster :teehee: ) and it was so funny. :glee: jamie lee curtis cracked me up to smithereens. the songs off the movie are pretty damn good too. you'all should get the soundtrack ren :walkman2:

:heart:
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes, this is a remake of the 1976 original Disney film "Freaky Friday" that starred Jodie Foster.

6302271959.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
  • Originally posted by SIOPAO MAN
    Yes, this is a remake of the 1976 original Disney film "Freaky Friday" that starred Jodie Foster.

6302271959.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Who's the girl with Jodie Foster? Kamukha niya si Jenna Elfman though I know it's not her
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I saw the trailer yesterday! :D

hilarious! can't wait!!! :bounce2:
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Tigger
    Who's the girl with Jodie Foster? Kamukha niya si Jenna Elfman though I know it's not her
    the actress playing the mom is Barbara Harris
  • this one i totally like!!!!!!! i've seen the trailer... ganda!!!
    iba xa... super funny! :toofunny:
  • i haven't seen the trailer .. but from what i heard
    it totally rocks! very unique story..!
  • crybabymakicrybabymaki PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    the movie is doing really well here in the states. despite the fact that SWAT beat it out for the number 1 spot during its opening weekend, its a known fact that family movies tend to have more legs. so im willing to bet that in the long run it will overtake SWAT in the box office race, and will complete the three-pronged domination of disney this summer (what with nemo and pirates also doing exceptionally well *okay*)

saw it two times already and nakakatawa paren sya even the second time around :bounce:

• Originally posted by crybabymaki
    the movie is doing really well here in the states. despite the fact that SWAT beat it out for the number 1 spot during its opening weekend, its a known fact that family movies tend to have more legs. so im willing to bet that in the long run it will overtake SWAT in the box office race, and will complete the three-pronged domination of disney this summer (what with nemo and pirates also doing exceptionally well *okay*)

saw it two times already and nakakatawa paren sya even the second time around :bounce:

lahat na lang ata pinapanood mo twice e. *peace*
  • whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    malapit na rin ito palabas dito sa 'pinas *okay*
  • katkat PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    lindsay lohan's awesome! she's so pretty, and has matured already..i like her a lot even on her 'parent trap' times...

jamie lee curtis' acting is off the hook! :handsdown: for her.

*okay*

logo_BB23.gif
  • it's a remake of jodie foster's movie...
    oh i still remember lindsay in parent trap
    she's so pretty...
    i haven't seen this one though...
    :)
  • whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kelan kaya ito dito sa PHILS :?:
  • malapit na me posters na sa mga moviehouses eh...

cute ni lindsay lohan.... try to listen to her song "Ultimate"... medo rock.. ok din...
  • GilmoreGalGilmoreGal PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    super dalaga na si lindsay...ganda pa din :D
  • a must see movie 4 mothers and daughters...talagang pang family movie sya! i love it!!

jamie lee rocks.. :rocker: she carried the role of a 15 or 16 year old very well...
  • i watched it na. twas soo funny!!! lindsey l is a great actress. i lykd her 2 in the parent trap.:) and chad m murray is so hot! hee.:lovesigh: its showing here on Oct15 i think...
  • have you guys seen the music video of lillix? d title is what i lyk about you. it's for the soundtrack of freaky friday.

005_CT-1156copy.jpg

CN-025-17.jpg
  • Showing October 15. :moviebuff:

Tongue.gif