Vitamin war

pollywogpollywog ...just because PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
"Energy" , "Complete Multivitamin"; which is better?

Dc:(

Comments

• Mark_AidrianMark_Aidrian -=^MaRkYmArK^=- PExer
    I go for complete! Im biased because im taking Centrum everyday.

But im also taking Cecon vit. C. and Vit e. I think the vit c sa centrum is not enough for me, coz i'm exposed with the pollution in the metro where i study and the vit e is to reduce my cholesterol.

Anyway, it depends on ur needs naman.
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Exactly what vitamin brands are we talking about here?

Offhand there is not much difference between 2 kinds of multivitamins. Just go with the cheaper brand.
  • pollywogpollywog ...just because PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Ira
    Exactly what vitamin brands are we talking about here?

Offhand there is not much difference between 2 kinds of multivitamins. Just go with the cheaper brand.

Enervon and Centrum.

Clusivol and Centrum are both multivitamins, Clusivol is way much cheaper. Should we go for the cheaper brand even if it's not 'complete?'

Dennis 8)
  • neutrogenaneutrogena Member PExer
    para sa akin super effective ang pharmaton. super mahal lang.
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Go ahead and use Clusivol if it's cheaper. Unless you survive only by eating vitamins and you're extremely sick, the differences wouldn't matter. You most probably get the nutrients lacking in Clusivol in your diet anyway.
  • MariusMarius PEx Member #459 PExer
    When's the best time to take vitamins (or multivitamins)?
    Early morning, noon, or before going to sleep?
    Empty stomach or not?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Anytime you want whether on an empty or a full stomach.
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber HEALTH.FREAK.WANNABE. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pano kung after taking alcoholic beverages? ako kasi i usually take mulitivitamins after dinner, before bedtime. what if i drank wine with dinner? ang alam ko kasi masamang kombinasyon ang vitamin c + alcohol. so after ilang hours ako magte-take ng vitamins?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    While alcohol interferes with the absorption, I seriously doubt if you'll develop severe malnutrition if you occasionally take alcohol during dinner prior to taking multivitamins. There is still some degree of absorption going on.

Anyway, just take the vitamins 4 hours before drinking alcohol to ensure adequate absorption.
  • bjmanabatbjmanabat Member PExer
    used to be all multivatamins are almost the same in terms of its components and potency. today however is an entirely different story. you now have pure calcium preparations, pure iron preparations, pure vitamin c preparations, pure vit. b complex preparations etc. they are also marketed efficiently to the point that some people are actually taking around 3 to 5 tablets a day thinking that it's the right thing to do in order to meet the recommended dietary allowance for the day. most doctors however would agree that a capsule/tablet of a simple and cheap multivitamins a day is enough.
  • MeAkoMeAko Membership PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I have a friend who is connected with one of those MLM health companies and he was all negative on taking vitamins, kesyo artificial daw, its not good. Vitamins should be taken in its natural state etc etc. What are your views on this?

Another thing, this sounds like an urban legend, I was going to take my anti-histamine with Coke and my mother in law said it should be taken with water. A doctor ones told her daw that taking meds with coke, lowers the efficacy of the meds, any truth to this?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    A lot of MLMs talk trash. Especially since their products are way more expensive than the ones they sell in drugstores.

Not true regarding antihistamine and soda.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file