Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

snapping joints

thehitmanthehitman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
I may have a problem with two of my joints. First, my right wrist. From time to time, it keeps snapping (lumalagutok) when I do certain motions. When I do it a second time, it no longer snaps. However, after about 15-20 minutes, it snaps again. Same with my left ankle. From time to time, it snaps while I'm walking or when I stretch it. What could be wrong with my joints? And what caused it?

:cool:

Comments

• IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    There are 2 sources of that snapping sound. Sometimes, when we extend a joint, the gas dissolved in the fluid between our joints spontaneously separates from the solution, forming a small bubble, and making a cracking sound. Not until the fluid reabsorbs the gas can the sound be reproduced.

Another source is the sound produced when we do deep-knee bends. The snapping sound heard are just the fibers that connect muscles and bones, which elastically snap into new positions as our joints move under stress. They're both normal.
  • thehitmanthehitman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Thanks! Although I'm curious as to why the snapping sound occurs only on my right wrist and left ankle, and several times in an hour...still, as long as there's nothing wrong with them...:bounce:

:cool:
  • ang sarap ngang magpalagutok eh.

i have this weird thing that i do to snap my back. i twist my upper torso one way, and kick one leg to the other direction.

i dunno how credible my bio prof is, but she said there's nothing really wrong with it, as long as you don't let another person do it for you. especially on your neck and back.