What Are Anti-oxidants?

shaggyraeshaggyrae maKe iT HaPpeN !!! PExer
hello!

would anyone please enlighten me about anti-oxidants? what are these? and what do they do to our bodies? i've been hearing about these lately. i just thought they're important in building a healthy lifestyle.

thanks!

Comments

• IraIra Member PExer
    "Antioxidant" is a classification of several organic substances, including vitamins A, C, and E and a group known as the carotenoids. Antioxidants deactivate free radicals before the latter can cause any harm to the body. Free radicals are the byproducts of many processes within cells, and may also be the result of exposure to various environmental factors like smoke and radiation. They can cause damage to cells and genetic materials unless stopped, and the damage may become permanent and result in diseases like cancer, stroke, and heart disease longterm.
  • jtanjtan Demon Hunter PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    for detailed explanation, click here:

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0830.html
  • shaggyraeshaggyrae maKe iT HaPpeN !!! PExer
    Originally posted by Ira
    "Antioxidant" is a classification of several organic substances, including vitamins A, C, and E and a group known as the carotenoids. Antioxidants deactivate free radicals before the latter can cause any harm to the body. Free radicals are the byproducts of many processes within cells, and may also be the result of exposure to various environmental factors like smoke and radiation. They can cause damage to cells and genetic materials unless stopped, and the damage may become permanent and result in diseases like cancer, stroke, and heart disease longterm.

thanks a lot, Doc Ira!
    from now on, i'll make sure i take vitamins A, C and E!

:)
  • IraIra Member PExer
    You're welcome.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file