Home PEx Campus
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Just wondering...How many science schools are there now in the philippines?

tamisguytamisguy PEx Rookie ⭐
I was just curious since I heard of I think Pasig Science HS then another place...It used be to that there was only Philippine, Manila and Quezon City science HS....:)

Comments

• minnowminnow PEx Rookie ⭐
    Originally posted by tamisguy
    I was just curious since I heard of I think Pasig Science HS then another place...It used be to that there was only Philippine, Manila and Quezon City science HS....:)

Philippine, Manila and Quezon City Science high schools are recognized state science schools... There are many other regional science high schools which are likewise recognized by either the local government unit or the state (e.g. provincial science high schools). However, in some cases, you would have to take the "science high school" label with a grain of salt, since many private schools are trying to ride the "science-oriented school" bandwagon by calling themselves as such, kahit hindi naman talaga ganoon ang curriculum nila...
  • tamisguytamisguy PEx Rookie ⭐
  • naku marami na! we already have, caloocan city shs, pasay cuty shs, makati shs, paranaque shs, i dunno if pilot section pa lang or totally na-separate na sa mga municipal hs...

i agree na magkaroon pa ng mga science hs pero sana naman bigyan sila ng support or extra attention ng decs or dost

as to private schools adapting the science-oriented curriculum(perhaps to increase the students' chances to get into the good schools), good luck!

Mabuhay ang mga Science High School Graduates!!!
  • tamisguytamisguy PEx Rookie ⭐
    Just wondering....It sounded better better saying you're from a Scinece High school knowing there was only 3. Having a few more might not help the reputation, and may lower the standards just a bit. Just my opinion...:)
  • we have three science schools in Iloilo, I think.

The Philippine Science High School (the Regional)
    Iloilo Special Science High School
    Central Philippine University - Special Science

CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY
    www.cpu.edu.ph