Home PEx News and Tech Technology Today

Sega Dreamcast

Sega's new monster machine will be out in the US come September 9. After trailing Nintendo and Sony in the console wars the past few years, Sega of America has lay it all on the line for the upcoming Dreamcast.

With over 24 titles slated for launch day, it looks like owners of this new machine won't be wanting for quality software. Would you buy this new hardware from Sega (if yes, would you buy the Japanese one or the American one), or would you wait it out until Sony introduces its Playstation 2 next year?

Comments

• nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    I would buy a Dreamcast when it comes out. I enjoy playing videogames a lot so I would always want to keep abreast of the coolest stuff that is out there. I think that for a system that's supposed to be enjoying third generation software, the Playstation hasn't quite capitalized on its technology. I mean, we want more Metal Gear Solid titles, Finaly Fantasy games, etc ...
  • Yeah , I've read about dreamcast in gaming magazines , and the good thing about dreamcast is you have your mem.card on the controller . And your controller has an extra screen for sporting games for the console , you can do your strategy there so the other player cant see what your planning to do . But I don't think I'll get one(yet), because I just got my PS and there are still a lot of good games for it , probably after 2 years , I'll get one .
  • batang uliranbatang uliran PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    What do you think about this machine now that it is actually out?
  • I had a friend bring home the U.S. Dreamcast. It's selling there for $199. All I can say is that this machine was a lot more than I expected and that I'm very happy that I got it :-)