Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

ATTENTION: illustrators, fan fiction writers, cosplayers, etc. etc.

Our much loved Pinoy forum is now offering a chance for all of us to display our works on the frontpage. Details as follows:

PExer's Corner: We Want Your Photos, Essays, Poems, Art Work, Etc.
Originally posted by Ada
Terms:

1. We have the right to refuse posting your submission.
2. All accepted submissions will be highlighted on our front page then archived.
3. PEx assumes that you are the legitimate creator/owner/writer of your of whatever you submit.
4. All submissions will become the property of PEx, Inc. You give us the right to use/publish your work outside of PEx. You will be acknowledged as the writer/creator/owner.
5. There will be no compensation.

Submissions can be emailed to [email protected]. Please include your PEx nick and 2-3 sentences about yourself.

Comments

• Game ako dyan! Uh, where do i send them to?

:D
  • Submissions can be emailed to [email protected]. Please include your PEx nick and 2-3 sentences about yourself. *okay*
  • 4. All submissions will become the property of PEx, Inc. You give us the right to use/publish your work outside of PEx. You will be acknowledged as the writer/creator/owner.

--> FREELOADING, a known abuse of talent due to ignorance of ethical practice. Just my two cents though
  • i agree with kaningbrown ...

corporate ppl should stop exploiting the young and the innocent who happen to have talent.

-IncX
  • with all due respect to the pex mods, i'd like to issue a little reminder to young artists out there:

the net gives you good avenues for free promotion. but remember that whatever you put on the net is fair game. anyone can take your artwork, distribute it, and pass it off as their own. so make a conscious effort to safeguard your portfolio.

and please also try to foster a sense of fair compensation for the labor you put into your work.
  • Well, is anyone out there willing to put together an illustrators guild?

Try searching for, "Graphic Arts Guild", it's agood p[lace to get ideas how the business is actually run and how both the artist and the client are protected. Now if there's anyoune who's putting that up here, let me know please. Now, we got I.N.K. and others like it but, there isn't really one body that helps the artist get an idea of industry standards.

As for pro_tempore's response above. I agree that whatever you put in the net is fair game and anyone can take your artwork, hey piracy is everywhere. But then what goes around comes around. check out www.conceptart.org concept artists post their sketch books in the hopes of getting a good deal and good advice from their peers, but they're not afraid. Why? because Dang! if you really have a good protfilio there's no way in the world that they can copy your style of artwork. Every stroke you make becomes part od your signature as an artist. Check out Doug Chiang and Feng Zhu and Travis Charest ... all different yet not totally unique, though they do get the message accross that the artwork is "theirs" and no one else has that.

So if you just want to get something out there. Go ahead, give it your best shot. It may not pay well, or not at all, but it's a good training ground to get your talent seen and find out if the market is ready for your type of art. Remember, what comes out of your heart is not for mass consumption. It's for those who share your thoughts ... now if your art is not for the Philippines, well, it could be something in Europe ... who knows, but you'll never really know unless you try it out.

Cheers and carpe diem!

PS I'm serious about the guild part.
  • 4. All submissions will become the property of PEx, Inc. You give us the right to use/publish your work outside of PEx. You will be acknowledged as the writer/creator/owner.

pero if you're a newbie artist/writer, thats a good way to get exposed... Para naman ppl will see your work... Just like a calling card...

Malay mo, makita yan ng mga gumagawa ng anime... tapos yan... poom... eh di may opportunity ka na sumikat sa manga industry... *okay*
  • game din ako... may anime din akong ginagawa eh. at least alam ko na ngayon kung saan ko 'yon ipapadala. yeah, hindi importante kung may compensation. magandang break ito para sa mga aspiring animators like me...*okay*
  • ey azz, try TOEI Animation, they're at Eastwood. Somewhere behind Fitness First around the area of Thames. Send them your works and find out if you can pass their tests.

if you want to go the samurai-way anf work for the love of the craft team up with a really good writer, one who shares the same sentiments as you and get started on your story.

Good luck!

So if it becomes the PROPERTY OF PEx eh does it mean hinde mo na sya pwede gamitin? Kasi hinde na sya sa iyo at pex na ang may-ari nito?

better make this one clear.
    Mahirap na.

la lang.
  • What are the chances of making it a "hit" product? It's like winning the lotto. Though, Hentai does have a point.

From my point of view I think what PEX means is that they have rights to use/publish only the image you send, not the character. In effect you only send 1 image at the resolution you choose.

Now if they ask you to draw the character in a different pose, they're going to have to pay for that new image. So, in effect, it turns out that you're sending a sample of your character and they or others have to buy new images from you if they like it.

I think that how it goes, could someone practicing Intellectual
    Property Rights look that up? :)
  • maganda yan
  • What the Administrators mean when they say your work becomes the property of PEx is, they retain the rights to publish and use your work in any legal means (i.e. promoting the site by publishing site members' works in any publication) without having to pay or compensate you in any way. You still retain exclusive rights to your work.

Some publishing companies have this clause in their agreement with the artist seeking to publish their own work. ;)
  • Ah, now very clear. Now I must draw. :D
  • twisted_hatetwisted_hate PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Will I get paid?:)

Hiya, everyone.
  • Maybe someday all participating artists (including me) will be paid. Who knows, maybe one day loads and loads of sponsors will initiate that move? Nice to see you posting here again. ;)