Home PEx News and Tech Technology Today

Voodoo 3 or TNT2

I prefer Riva's TNT2, pero 3dfx's Voodoo 3 has more support.

Comments

• nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    The Riva TNT2 has a one all important advantage over 3DFX's Voodoo card, it has 32-bit graphics support. The Voodoo 3 3000 can outpace any graphics card in the 16-bit front, making it the champion in the frames per second department, but if you want to play games in 32-bit mode, like Links 99 for example, then you'd have to look elsewhere. My vote would be for the TNT2 as well.
  • The thing is, the TNT2 doesn't have that much support for the driver standard, Glide. I think it supports Direct 3D and OpenGL, pero Glide is kind of important, expecially if you're playing games that use it such as Half Life and Quake 3.
  • nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    I'm pretty sure that both Half Life and the upcoming Quake III will not be Glide exclusive games. I think that this is more a software issue rather than a hardware one. I bet that the latest TNT2 drivers allow you to play Glide games with nearly as much efficiency as a Voodoo III card.

I myself own a Voodoo III 3000 card and although I am very happy with its performance, it can be a real downer to not be able to play games in their 32-bit or 24-bit modes. Links 99 is a good example of a game which looks absolutely beautiful when played in its 32-bit mode. Sayang.
  • MAG-RIVA TNT2 Ka na lang, its far better, besides its gonna gain support soon enough
  • 3dfx voodoo 3 = more support than nvidia tnt2? are you kidding?

(from 3dfx site)
    To our valued customers:

3dfx Interactive, Inc. is no longer providing support for any 3dfx products and drivers. Information about 3dfx is no longer available from the 3dfx.com website. Please be advised that on February 19, 2002, the 3dfx.com website will be shut down entirely. As a result, the following alternatives have been put in place:
  • TNT2 ... make sure na NDI sya M64 ok? TNT2 Ultra kunin mo :)

and although may 32bit support ang TNT2 ... ndi ka mag-eenjoy sa frame rate ... i've been there before ... and para sa akin useless yung 32bit support nya since kahit sa 640x480 eh panay frame skip nakukuha ko :D

but if u plan to play newer games at res higher than 640x480 ... then u have to buy a better/faster card
  • Originally posted by merlin002
    3dfx voodoo 3 = more support than nvidia tnt2? are you kidding?

(from 3dfx site)
    To our valued customers:

3dfx Interactive, Inc. is no longer providing support for any 3dfx products and drivers. Information about 3dfx is no longer available from the 3dfx.com website. Please be advised that on February 19, 2002, the 3dfx.com website will be shut down entirely. As a result, the following alternatives have been put in place:

maybe.... 3 years ago :D
  • cHarL!e's AngELcHarL!e's AngEL PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    napansin ko lang, aug. 1999 pa yung first post...
  • Originally posted by cHarL!e's AngEL
    napansin ko lang, aug. 1999 pa yung first post...
    hala ... oo nga noh :lol: may nag-bump lang pala nito