Buttercup

fr34kfr34k Banned by Admin PExer
I just love this new show of ABS. Post naman kayo ng views/thoughts niyo about the show.

Comments

• JohnstonJohnston Thank You For The Love ✭✭✭
    not "too" good for a pilot telecast. i'll watch the next episodes.

:)
  • fr34kfr34k Banned by Admin PExer
    care to elaborate bakit "not too good"?
    medyo o.a. kasi ung iba eh with the exception of claudine, piolo diether, and assunta.

pero okay na din sa akin sana mabago lang ung pag arte ng iba. hehehehe
    :lol: Yeah, I didn't like the acting of carlos (what else is new?), ciara, and onemig. Bakit pa kasi nila sinali? Kabanas kasi!
    Claudine and Piolo were good. At si Assunta..i'm starting to like her. Galing niya...sobra! Si diether...so-so. Si simang...she cracks me up...buti sinali pa din siya dito. Miko Palanca is quite good for a newbie.
    yeah. may pagka comedy pala ang theme nito.
    oo, para siyang FRIENDS. but in fairness...napatawa ako ni Ciara dun sa "i'm just your clown" speech niya.
  • mytyragirlmytyragirl Live Life Simply ! PExer
    di ko masyadong type yung pilot episode nila. corny ng episode.
  • Ophelia_KillsOphelia_Kills Moderator PExer
    Am I the only one who liked it? I even gave an in-depth review in praning. It may be a bit corny, the jump cuts can be confusing, Claudine's purse is way too big and yes Carlos does put the OVER in OA. All he does is stiffen his jaws,glare and scream... *in each and every scene at that*.

However, I thought it was an impressive pilot. It's not your conventional Filipino comedy(the fact that it is actually funny)...I thought Onemig improved, it's a far cry from his one-facial-TGIS expression days. Piolo and Claudine were good, both of them quiet and deep actors--methodical ang style nila pareho pero I'm not so sure about their chemistry. Assunta was surprisingly well...bearable and she stood out; she was not using her overdone palengkera antics. Diether was okay.

You must admit it's a stroke of genius for Wenn Deramas. It's far better than his overdrawn and ridiculous soaps, he works better in comedy,obviously. It has a cool concept and it has a solid story arc to rely on. I like the fact the pilot started out with these friends on the rocks. There's also the hilarious storylines e.g. Geek to chic stories, Pippo hotdogs, a family of bible quoting-wannabe artistas. Just wanna add,it's great seeing Rio Locsin again. I think it shows much promise, wit and charm. Fine, maybe all the hype was not necesarry and the premiere night is a bit too much for self-promotion.

It's too early to tell but I would not mind seeing it again.
    Nope, you're not alone, Ophelia. I liked the pilot episode too. There was no boring moments. I liked how the story flows smoothly from one character to the next.
    About claudine's big purse, I didn't notice it. I wasn't paying attention much to their outfits.
  • shabbychic_28shabbychic_28 Member PExer
    the story is too dramatic.. sana they made it like friends yun fun and light lang.. all of them were like crying in the story and that was just the pilot episode. the chinese was also bad.. sana they just dub what diether and his father said. sobrang insulting naman sa mga chinese. i think they can do better!;)
  • ClauRicClauRic Aigooo! PExer
    well the pilot was good...i love the characters dahil a lot of people can relate..both claud and piolo did great as usual..si diether ok na rin pero i have to see him more of his acting..si 1mig finally i've seen some expressions..si assunta wow i never thought na she can really act (ina good way)...ciara konti pang improvement siguro dahil na rin medyo may pagka oa yung character nya..carlos more improvement din...then yung the rest of the supporting cast did a great job..
  • boinksboinks sige comment... PExer
    hmnn, there were some fresh ideas there and the they did go away with the usual "slapstick". ...They could have used other talents though....kasi lagi nalang sila ng sila nakikita mo - But Simang was really exceptional - galing niya
  • trigotrigo Member PExer
    kasama pala si miko palanca? parang wala syang role.
  • simone_gurlsimone_gurl simone PExer
    in fairness to everybody, i think they did a better job naman. i'm a big fan of claudine so i must say, she was great. diether was gwapo when he came back from abroad so i didn't notice if he acted well enough, piolo's a good actor, no question about that. assunta is a great actress..i noticed sa scene nila in jail, piolo was teary eyed looking at assunta.only means na naiiyak sha sa acting ni assunta. onemig is improving atleast di na sha nag be-beautiful eyes gaya ng dati. carlos was ok. i mean ok sha dito compared to his past performances.ciara didn't make me laugh at all but in fairness, she deserves a break like this, hopefully, she improves soon. miko palanca acts well naman kahit tabing ilog pa lng but in this one,i think he'll do better.
    as for the whole story, may sense compared to other lifestyle shows. onemig is gay here and the "shower room scene" only proved they're talking about reality here. atleast di pa wholesome and sweetie effect. i got tired of it na kasi.
    so, congrats to all of them! good job!
  • damnrightdamnright I feel it in my fingers.. ♫ PExer
    Originally posted by fr34k

but in fairness...napatawa ako ni Ciara dun sa "i'm just your clown" speech niya.

hello fr34k :laugh:
    nakadagdag ba sa tawa mo ang pagiging mukhang clown nya dun?:evil_lol:

i also watched the premier ep. but i wasn't impressed. pero may nakakaaliw din namang parts. Claudine's acting was ok. so did Piolo. but their chemistry is yet to be seen. no comment naman ako kay Diether at kay Miko. i didn't like Onemig's acting(still). 'wag na lang sana syang paiyakin dahil napapaganito lang ako >>:laugh:
    Agassi put the A in the Hole. this (w)rapper can't act for sh+t. and his female counterpart in this show is Ciara.:grinroll:
    but the most improved in the premier ep when it comes to acting was Assunta. natawa ako sa kanya. i was even surprised why i did but yeah. apat na beses ata nya sinabi yung "anong ginagawa mo rito" speech to claudine everytime they meet. pansin nyo ba?:lol:
  • marikokireimarikokirei Member PExer
    Originally posted by Ophelia_Kills
    Am I the only one who liked it? I even gave an in-depth review in praning. It may be a bit corny, the jump cuts can be confusing, Claudine's purse is way too big and yes Carlos does put the OVER in OA. All he does is stiffen his jaws,glare and scream... *in each and every scene at that*.

However, I thought it was an impressive pilot. It's not your conventional Filipino comedy(the fact that it is actually funny)...I thought Onemig improved, it's a far cry from his one-facial-TGIS expression days. Piolo and Claudine were good, both of them quiet and deep actors--methodical ang style nila pareho pero I'm not so sure about their chemistry. Assunta was surprisingly well...bearable and she stood out; she was not using her overdone palengkera antics. Diether was okay.

You must admit it's a stroke of genius for Wenn Deramas. It's far better than his overdrawn and ridiculous soaps, he works better in comedy,obviously. It has a cool concept and it has a solid story arc to rely on. I like the fact the pilot started out with these friends on the rocks. There's also the hilarious storylines e.g. Geek to chic stories, Pippo hotdogs, a family of bible quoting-wannabe artistas. Just wanna add,it's great seeing Rio Locsin again. I think it shows much promise, wit and charm. Fine, maybe all the hype was not necesarry and the premiere night is a bit too much for self-promotion.

It's too early to tell but I would not mind seeing it again.

i agree with you completely, Ophelia_Kills . it's just unfortunate i can't watch it every saturday because of my religious duties.

i'll just probably rely on your reviews, if it's not asking too much?
  • prettyfriendprettyfriend Member PExer
    hey guys...finally may PEx na miss ko na d2 sobra! ophelia,i've read your post/review sa praning...? galing ha!

well, nag attend kami ng mga kaibigan ko ng adv. screening sa Robinson's last friday(May 29)...Claudine,Piolo,Diet,Onemig,Carlos,Ciara,Miko..wla c assunta(nasa taping daw ng klasmeyts)daming tao pero hindi kami naboring coz we enjoyed it! ang ingay namin don kc minsan wlang sounds yong part nina pj at claui kaya yon reaction ng mga tao esp. me *ano ba yan bakit kc bulungan ng bulungan* tapos pina rewind tlaga namin...hmm, claudine,piolo,assunta & diet did good..hay ayoko tlaga kay ciara :( but infairnes umani ng palakpak c Onemig during the screening kc nga naman offbeat yong role nya.?

tonite we'll drop by sa taping nila to visit claui and hopefully makausap namin xa kng hindi busy..?
  • bakekangbakekang Member PExer
    I found it interesting. Kaya lang, kaasar yung ibang scenes - lalo na yung confrontation/reunion scene towards the end. Ngek. Masyadong melodramatic! Kakilabot!

Sina Simang, Piolo, Claudine and Assunta ang nagdala ng show para sa akin.
  • haaynakuhaaynaku :) PExer
    Overall, the show was well conceptualized. Each character has his own moment even during the pilot episode.

Claudine has evolved. In this light comedy-drama, she has managed to blend in considering that she was very visible in the soap opera genre where there is too much crying and melodrama.

Diether, Piolo, Onemig and Carlos should learn from their female counterparts on how to do their parts well but at the same time, still enjoy themselves. They are so conscious and uptight. They are always playing for camera.

Assunta's moments with Eugene Domingo are hilarious. Simang is like a female Joey Marquez. Ang hilig mag adlib and always, she hits the right notes. Ciara Sotto should stop wearing those outrageous costumes--di niya carry. The clothes overwhelm her and takes away the attention from her todo-bigay punchlines. Distracting ang mga damit niya.

I will be looking forward for the next episodes. The show looks promising and I hope it lasts.;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file