• adobo:
    chcken, pork with taba, gizzards
    garlic
    oil
    peppercorns
    laure leaf
    toyo
    suka

just boil all ngredients, remove chx so not to over cook after 30 mins cooking

options: put hard boil egg
  • mix ko yung pork, chicken, crushed garlic, pepper, soy sauce and vinegar. i store it in the fridge overnight..

pag ipeprepare na, simmer ko yung meat sa marinade then after 10-15 mins hanguin ang meat then set the sauce aside. fry ng konti yung meat...sometimes i like the chicken a bit toasted. simmer ulet yung meat sa sauce then i put some rosemary herb. sabi ng nanay ko lagyan ng konting oil yung sauce...pero iwas cholesterol na ako kaya di ko na ginagawa.
  • cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    white pork (without toyo) but fried brown after stewing. serve with bagoong and lots of rice.
  • smilewarriorsmilewarrior PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mas gusto ko chicken adobo. Huwag na lang haluan ng lamang loob (gusto ng tatay ko) kasi hindi ko maipaliwanag ang lasa. Huwag din haluan ng taba ng baboy, medyo nag-iingat na ako dito dahil hindi na ako teenager, isip teenager na lang hehe.
  • adobo is also one of my favorite dishes back home, but for some reason i've tried to cook it with potato and i liked it, so from then on, everytime i cook adobo i always add potato(big chunks and fry it first) to go with it and i want my adobo a little bit dry.. [#]yummy[/#]
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i like my adobo sauce sticky and sweet and salty and star anisey.

and the liempo tender with the fat near melted.

or yung when the sauce get all oily because of the melted fat.

yummmssssss
  • cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i grew up on extenders: beans and vegetables on pork or beef, tofu with potatoes and peas on curry or anything with sauce, and raw peanuts with pork adobo. :yum:

at least puro brain food. aaahhh...
  • iamskirmishiamskirmish PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Basta filipino style na adobo, winner na . . . yummy!
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    try cooking with some variant.

add either dried kamias or luya.

cornelsky wrote: »
    adobo:
    chcken, pork with taba, gizzards
    garlic
    oil
    peppercorns
    laure leaf
    toyo
    suka

just boil all ngredients, remove chx so not to over cook after 30 mins cooking

options: put hard boil egg

the best adobo is a combo of chicken and pork plus innards. but cut down on the oil and let the fat from the pork substitute for the oil.

i like my adobo sauce sticky and sweet and salty and star anisey.

and the liempo tender with the fat near melted.

or yung when the sauce get all oily because of the melted fat.

yummmssssss

star anise is a must.

also try adding fresh rosemary.

i grew up on extenders: beans and vegetables on pork or beef, tofu with potatoes and peas on curry or anything with sauce, and raw peanuts with pork adobo. :yum:

at least puro brain food. aaahhh...

yuck, yuck, yuck
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    tofu and potatoes work well with adobo.

also had a version with some peanuts used. can't say it's not good. but... not a favorite.
  • zxychozxycho PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Chicken-Pork Adobo with Potatoes, boiled, Sili and Gata :thumbsup:

or instead of using suka, pineapple juice.

Adobong sitaw with Tofu is the bomb!
  • Crispy Pork Adobo ginagawa ko haha! Koting oil since nagmamantika naman yung pork, lots of garlic, suka, tapos konting salt lang.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ yu itlog pang tanggal ng umay.
  • smilewarriorsmilewarrior PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Gusto kong makatikim ng crispy or dry adobo. Masarap ba ? Sa amin kasi palagi na lang may sabaw, halos sopas na hehe. Okay din sa aking may boiled chicken eggs ang adobo, masarap naman. :)
  • JagonJagon PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    use non-hydrolized soy sauce like kikkoman, and natural coconut vinegar.

the subject is about adobo with no particular protein.

I would say the proportion of soy sauce and vinegar should be 2 vinegar is to 3 soy sauce.

add brown sugar, star anise and laurel, whole black pepper.

don't overcook protein, or veggie (sitaw).

here's the thing, I ALWAYS add potatoes in my adobo if it is pork adobo, I know it's peculiar.

anybody tried apple cider instead of vinegar? i know pork goes well with apples. right?
    ^ yu itlog pang tanggal ng umay.

pag may itlog, humba na yun :lol:
    Gusto kong makatikim ng crispy or dry adobo. Masarap ba ? Sa amin kasi palagi na lang may sabaw, halos sopas na hehe. Okay din sa aking may boiled chicken eggs ang adobo, masarap naman. :)

yun ata yung ni-soy reduction
  • Mrs.RizzMrs.Rizz PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I used Knorr Liquid seasoning as the toyo part of my chicken and pork adobo, and it tasted much better.

[instagram]

not that dark, but tasted really good.
  • katze_schmusekatze_schmuse PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Gusto ko ng adobong halos matuyuan na, dark and a little spicy.Para maiba yong adobo ko nilalagyan ko siya ng oyster sauce and pag sinisipag piniprito ko saka binabalik sa sauce gang medyo tuyo na:D
  • I usually use one of those powdered mixes to marinate the meat for maybe an hour. But I add sugar, lots of black pepper and garlic and onions, a crushed bay leaf, Thai peppers and/or jabanero peppers, and potatoes and carrots. Then I bring the whole thing to a boil, lower the heat and simmer it for an hour or so, and/or until there's not much liquid left.