Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

How do you prepare your adobo? [Merged]

Comments

• I like my adobo with hard-boiled egg. It's masarap especially when the sauce is absorbed by the egg.
  • starczamorastarczamora Sissie DaToic PEx Moderator
    Dalawa ang version namin ng adobo

VERSION 1
    1) In a pot, put the pork cubes, loads of garlic and onion.
    2) Add equal amounts of soy sauce and vinegar (if you can afford it, one part wine vinegar then the rest sukang puti) and a cup of water.
    3) Sprinkle lots of ground pepper and oregano.
    4) Pakuluan. Once in rolling boil, haluin.
    5) Lower the flame and simmer for 30 minutes.

VERSION 2
    Similar sa version 1, only this time ipiprito ang pork once sumimot ito ng sabaw. then sa isang wok, stir-fry garlic, onions, the fried pork, and finally yung sabaw.
  • avonleaavonlea PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by tektan
    sabi ng tita ko, gumagamit daw sya ng Sprite, pero secret lang daw yun...ooops!

meat tenderizer ata ang sprite or 7up or any cider...

pero pag nagluluto kami ng crispy pata sa pampanga, nilalagyan din namin ng sprite *okay*
  • my tita doesnt use vinegar at all.. she's from dumaguete.. she uses all other ingredients except for vinegar.. then she adds sugar.. masarap naman.. lasang adobo pa rin..

sis ko naman iginigisa nya after boiling the meat in vinegar and soy sauce (with garlic and pepper na)..

ako i cook it the conventional way..
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    my friends uses coconut milk on our adobo. i'm not usre why but it tastes good (not much difference without it), mas creamy.
  • starczamorastarczamora Sissie DaToic PEx Moderator
    heto ang weird...

i remember a friend of mine telling me that their method of cooking adobo is replacing PATIS instead of TOYO...
  • supermarcosupermarco PEx Rookie ⭐
    with liver spread!!! the best!!!
  • archerguyarcherguy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by starczamora
    heto ang weird...

i remember a friend of mine telling me that their method of cooking adobo is replacing PATIS instead of TOYO...

Weird nga. Di na siguro adobo yon. :D
  • 1 kilo of chicken, 1 garlic head, 1 tbsp. ground pepper, 1 cup vinegar, 3/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup H2O and 3 tbsp. sugar...kulo to death tapos evaporate the sauce...adobo na! tuyo nga lang pero macharap sya at good for 1 week.

clawed_out>>> sa bicol at masbate, adobo may sili't gata, dinuguan may sili't gata at sinagol may sili't gata...hayip sa sarraaapp!!! :up:
  • yum yum!
  • i either do it my mom's way or my way. :D

mom's version: soak pork or chicken pieces in marinade (smashed garlic, crushed peppercorn, japanese soy sauce, sprite, a dash of sugar, white vinegar - the sugarcane vinegar produces a different taste in adobo) for about an hour or overnight. heat cooking oil in high heat and throw in smashed garlic(from the marinade), brown pork or chicken pieces on each side and pour in marinade; add a little water. let it simmer on its own w/o stirring. add crumpled bay leaf and boiled eggs. simmer for another 10 minutes or until meat is tender.

my version: soak meat in marinade. simmer meat with marinade for about 30 minutes to an hour. be sure to set aside the smashed garlic before simmering meat. strain out meat from marinade after simmering. heat oil in high heat and throw in garlic. fry meat pieces for a few minutes. return fried meat pieces to marinade and simmer for a few minutes before adding crumpled bay leaves. add boiled eggs, if desired.

:yum:

-- adding vinegar is optional; sprite serves as meat tenderizer and sugar as a substitute for MSG. :)
  • fatbigfatbig PEx Rookie ⭐
    When cooking chicken adobo with chicken liver, any tips para hindi madurog yung chicken liver? Pag may gizzard, any tips naman para hindi masyado matigas yung gizzard?
  • i combine pork and meat...imamarinate ko sa soy sauce, vinegar, chopped garlic, minced inions, with salt, MSG, pepper...then slowly cook ko...if the meat is tender, i pour a small amount of ketchup (this will make your adobo much darker but sweeter, rather than putting so much soy sauce but it wil be saltier)...pag luto na, i set the fire on the maximum haggang madry ang adobo..adobo is adobo pag dry siya..hindi yung masabaw!
  • cutedoccutedoc PEx Rookie ⭐
    use sukang ilokano, the black one it has a different kick

if you want a sosi adobo to be serve as a finger food, prepare your adobo your usual way, add a little more sugar n some chilli, after the pork or chicken is done, stick them up in a skewer, and grill them, using the remaining sauce as baste, then before serving sprinkle it with a finely chopped parsley, that would spell the difference
  • whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    last time i decided to revise my adobo :glee:

pinahiran ko muna ng garlic powder ang meat and set aside for 30minutes then marinated it (vinegar,crushed garlic,bay leaf peppercorn) for another 30minutes :glee: wala munang soy sauce

then "boiled" the meat in the marinade in LOW HEAT.just added few tablespoons of soy sauce after more than half of the marinade has evaporated.then continue in low heat until magmantika. (dagdagan ko minsan ng suka if i feel the meat isn't that tender yet.)

*okay* malasang malasa kahit konting sauce lang ang natira
  • I'm into BEEF adobo and I like mine DRY.
  • i don't know how to cook, but i love it whenever my mom cooks adobo! sometimes she prepares it w/ sabaw, minsan naman yung dry :D

i also like adobo flakes! yum yum!
  • C.I.C.C.IC.I.C.C.I PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hello there.

Can you please post your recipe on how you cook your adobo?

It seems that every adobo tastes different.

Thanks.
  • i put ketchup to make the adobo more darker and reddish!
  • masarap din yung dry na adobo na ginagawa ng mommy ko! :D

di ko alam exactly anong recipe pero parang ganito (recipe na galing sa internet):

crushed garlic
    vinegar
    1 kilo pork liempo, sliced adobo-style
    4 cups water
    bay leaves (optional)

In a pot, mix garlic with pork belly slices.
    Cover pork to the brim with water and vinegar.
    Cook over medium heat until water-vinegar mixture evaporates and pork belly starts cooking in its own fat.
    Turn pork belly on its sides to make it evenly golden brown and crispy on all sides. Add bay leaves, if desired. Serve with rice.