Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment

dobby vs gollum

sa tingin ko, mas ok ung visual effects / graphics na ginamit para kay dobby.
but gollum is a better "actor"! :cool: *okay*

Comments

• Gollum has better visual effects/graphics, more realistic than Dobby at syempre, magaling umarte...

5804.jpg
  • Originally posted by baggins
    sa tingin ko, mas ok ung visual effects / graphics na ginamit para kay dobby.
    but gollum is a better "actor"! :cool: *okay*

ano pong criteria nyo at nasabi nyong visual effects-wise, mas ok si dobby? di ko kasi makita yung difference nilang dalawa..though kung character pag-uusapan..mas interesting for me si gollum..:)
  • have you guys seen how gollum was made in the movie? i think it's in the official site of LOTR. i was amazed by it when i saw it yesterday, coz i thought gollum was only a product of the computer animated character. ndi pala, coz the actor is very very good! his name is andy serkis ata.. i think ah... that's why i think gollum is better than dobby..

:)
  • fuchiyayafuchiyaya PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Gollum of course. To quote a pexer in another thread "let's hope Gollum gets an Oscar". :laugh:
  • Dobby's completely CGI, Gollum is not. :nope:
    Therefore, I don't think there's any contest in terms of visual effects.
    But that guy who played Gollum sure can engage you. :)
  • for me kasi gollum looked ... like a cartoon. i know he "should" be better, kasi kasama siya sa lotr production (which beats hp by a mile). pero magaling din ung CGI ni dobby, not bad at all.

sana nga best actor nominee si gollum! :D kaya lang i wonder if lotr will be nominated for best picture this time around..good as it is, i think not..
  • Hey, baggins, ok lang yan. 'La namang right or wrong sa atin, kanya-kanyang preference lang na shine-share di ba? :)

Btw, I read somewhere that in the production of HP 2, Daniel Radcliffe initially had this mechanically moving green ball to "talk" to as Dobby. Sometimes you'd even see the ball reflected in his glasses. :geek:
  • Gollum! He was so creepy and looked so real. Dobby was annoying. Nuff said.
  • whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    DobbyMagic2.jpg
    dobby.jpg

5804.jpg

I think Gollum was better crafted than Dobby. Much more realistic.
    They both had their shining moments in their respective movies.

I am very much familiar with Dobby but not that much with Gollum.
  • Originally posted by BabyFATS
    Hey, baggins, ok lang yan. 'La namang right or wrong sa atin, kanya-kanyang preference lang na shine-share di ba? :)

Btw, I read somewhere that in the production of HP 2, Daniel Radcliffe initially had this mechanically moving green ball to "talk" to as Dobby. Sometimes you'd even see the ball reflected in his glasses. :geek:

lam ko, thanks. :) its just dat alam ko rin na marami ditong "anti-HP" .. actually ako rin medyo anti-hp, dobby was just one good thing about d movie..one of d few good things..sayang,could've been made much better
  • Originally posted by whyte
    I think Gollum was better crafted than Dobby. Much more realistic.
    They both had their shining moments in their respective movies.

I am very much familiar with Dobby but not that much with Gollum.
    Asusss... gusto mo lang si Gollum kasi sya rin si smeagol eh.
    Yiheeee... miss na nya! :lovers:

:D:D:D
  • I like Dobby's character from the books but Gollum's CGI Effects were better...

Why not include jar-jar binks from star wars-- This character never fails to annoy me.. :mad:

Peace..
  • ei, dobby shouldnt be compared to gollum coz gollum's a hobbit.. dobby's a house elf, right? i think that a Dobby-Legolas comparison would be more appropriate.. :lol:

hehe.. both are endearing.. only gollum has more screen time and he has a lot of shining moments in the movie.. :D
    with the CGI thing, dobby naman looks realistic din huh.. in fact he looks so real they say he looks very similar to the russian president vladimir putin that they're thinking of filing a suit against the special effects people of HP.. :laugh:
  • graphics wise...hard to tell. dobby's cgi was pretty good too. but he was annoying. even if all his intentions were good, he tried to correct a wrong with another wrong, etc. gollum was such a schizo! a very deserving candidate for best actor! :D

dobby and legolas....uuuh, i wonder who people would choose?!? there's no contest there...:p
  • in my opinion, Gollum is d most persuasive character to be found in d Two Towers. What's most impressive about Gollum, is that he is a CGI effect, but one unlike any we've seen before. Gollum is a fully textured character brought to life through stunning, seamless special effects & brilliant voice work from Andy Serkis.....