Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Bubba Gump [Merged]

Read in the papers that Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant will open in Greenbelt. Also heard that the owners of Country Waffles were the ones who got the franchise. Anyway, cant wait to try it. For those whove tried it in the States or wherever, what would you recommend from the menu?

Rate This Resto 62 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
11% 7 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
40% 25 votes
:) :) :) [b]Ok Lang[/b]
32% 20 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
9% 6 votes
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
6% 4 votes

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I tried this at their Pier 39 branch in SFO. I ordered the clam chowder and Bucket of Boat Trash, which is served in a big steel bucket, composed of shrimp, crayfish tails, and fish fillet with fries and cole slaw. The servings are huge, the clam chowder was excellent and the bucket is decent. I wouldn't call it a great dining experience, though. My order turned out to be a bit oily, and from what I understand, some of the non-shrimp stuff in their menu aren't good at all, i.e. the steak and the salmon, so if you're ordering, better stick to the shrimp dishes. Their menu has a logo indicating what the beter dishes are, and you won't err if you just stick to those.
  • mintymalonemintymalone PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Are the prices affordable?
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It will probably be in the same price range as Chili's or Outback Red.
  • XzRzXXzRzX PEx Rookie ⭐
    is it open already ?
  • Originally posted by spiteri
    Read in the papers that Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant will open in Greenbelt. Also heard that the owners of Country Waffles were the ones who got the franchise. Anyway, cant wait to try it. For those whove tried it in the States or wherever, what would you recommend from the menu?

their "bayou scampi" is not that bad.. you could also try their "Lt. Dan's Drunken Shrimp"...
  • Originally posted by bheeee

their "bayou scampi" is not that bad.. you could also try their "Lt. Dan's Drunken Shrimp"...

Lt. Dan's Drunken Shrimp sounds good! Thanks!
  • Originally posted by XzRzX
    is it open already ?
    Sa Jan 26 pa (I think)
  • Originally posted by spiteri

Lt. Dan's Drunken Shrimp sounds good! Thanks!

your welcome... :)
  • SweetkaySweetkay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Any other reco?
  • the food is quite expensive but worth it naman coz yummy ng food!!:yum: ;)
  • Order the bucket of trash!
    It's a bucket filled with everything from fish,lobsters,crabs,shirmp,-praws,garlic,fries blah
  • Eat there once or twice, it's okay. But if I had any other choice, maybe not.

I don't like the Greenbelt branch, not very conducive to eating.

The saving grace of this restaurant is their Mud Pie.

:cool:
  • GilmoreGalGilmoreGal PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ok ung dessert nila na cookie na may ice cream sa taas, sarap ng cookie !! mahal nga lang mga 210 ata. pero good for 2 to 3 persons :)
  • *keyah**keyah* PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I loved it there. Checked the place out with my stepdad for my sister's 21st birthday. Kinantahan siya. Nilalandi pa nga siya nung waiter na nag-serve sa min eh.

*okay*
  • I've eaten at Bubba Gump here in the US. My friends said that their shrimp is delicious, and that's a big compliment given that seafood here in the US is not as good as that in the Philippines. FYI, my friends are Filipinos who eat seafood quite often. Unfortunately, I could not attest to their statement because I am alergic to shrimp so I wasn't able to taste it. I would take their word for it, though.

I ordered a pork roast sandwich and I like it--not too sweet, but still very tasty. They have big servings. In fact, I wasn't able to finish my sandwich.

I like the way they manifested the movie in the resto, though--the menus of drinks were pinned to a ping-pong paddle, calling the waiter means flipping a license plate ("Run Forrest Run" and the opposite of that, sorry I forgot), waiters ask you Forrest Grump trivia while you wait for your food.

Bubba Gump also has good value for money. It's not the cheapest dine-in place. But given the ambiance (the lake is just a few meters from us), their innovativeness, and their big servings of delicious food, it's worth the price.

If you like your shrimp with much gusto but sans the fancy name, preparation, and price of expensive restos, this might just be the place for you. Of course, it wouldn't hurt if you also believe that life is like a box of chocolates ;)
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Bucket of Trash was really good, but it's a bit oily. We ordered sandwich (forgot the name) and it was so-so. The drink we ordered (strawberry-lemonade) was yummy!

The desserts looked really good. We had mud pie and it was humongous. Good for 5 people.

What can you say about the service? I think it's good but they're bordering on being too much.
  • MeAkoMeAko PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Service: so so, the waitress kept 'eating' her words, we couldn't understand. However, our orders came fast.

Food quality: very bad. Tasted bland and oily.

Definitely overpriced!
  • It was ok, considering i wasn't a big fan of seafood dishes. We had the sampler, which was served with some shrimp dishes and that spicy hot chicken strips which really tasted good. Sarap din ng speckled lemonade nila. And the best was the mud pie...yum!!! :)
  • Considering I love shrimps I would have had a bias for Bubba Gump but well, I find it a bit expensive, considering they serve not-so-great food. It's not justified.