Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

yogurt maker..

alam niyo saan makakabili or may available na yogurt maker dito sa manila?
am looking for 1 thanks.

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    You can make your own yogurt easily without any special yogurt maker if you can't find the product. I've made yogurt a couple of times already--all you need is milk, a tablespoon of yogurt, and either an oven or a cooler. I can post the method if you don't have the "recipe" for it.
  • salamat po doc ira...
    pwede pa post nalang and isntructions..
    kasi sa dad ko ... dati gumawa siya...di bumuo ang yogurt eh...
    may mix din siya... pero it did not coagulate?
    di siya bumuo parang yogurt drink tuloy...hehehe
    Originally posted by Ira
    You can make your own yogurt easily without any special yogurt maker if you can't find the product. I've made yogurt a couple of times already--all you need is milk, a tablespoon of yogurt, and either an oven or a cooler. I can post the method if you don't have the "recipe" for it.
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    This one is generally less firm than commercially prepared ones, and it will be blander, but personally, I found the consistency okay.

Ing:

4 c. milk
    1 tablespoon plain yogurt

Heat the milk slowly and bring it to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow it to cool, stirring frequently, until lukewarm. (It will feel warm to touch, but not hot.) This might take an hour. Mix in the tablespoon of yogurt and stir well. In case you're tempted to use more yogurt as a starter, don't. It will make the yogurt too sour and watery.

Pour the mixture into clean glass jars or a glass or crockery bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and a heavy towel and place in a warm, draft-free spot, such as an oven with the light on, a styrofoam cooler, or a warm cupboard. Handle it as little as possible till then. Check the yogurt in 7-8 hours to see if it has reached a thick, custardy consistency. To determine the thickeness of the yogurt, tilt the bowl or jar to see if it holds together. If not, keep it a little longer, checking often. As soon as it has reached the proper consistency, cover and refrigerate. It will firm up a bit more when chilled. If it's allowed to incubate too long, it can become very sour. Save a tablespoon to serve as starter for the next batch. For flavor and variety, add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, or any flavor of jam or fruit puree. It'll keep for 7 days.
  • maraming salamat po!=)

Originally posted by Ira
    This one is generally less firm than commercially prepared ones, and it will be blander, but personally, I found the consistency okay.

Ing:

4 c. milk
    1 tablespoon plain yogurt

Heat the milk slowly and bring it to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow it to cool, stirring frequently, until lukewarm. (It will feel warm to touch, but not hot.) This might take an hour. Mix in the tablespoon of yogurt and stir well. In case you're tempted to use more yogurt as a starter, don't. It will make the yogurt too sour and watery.

Pour the mixture into clean glass jars or a glass or crockery bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and a heavy towel and place in a warm, draft-free spot, such as an oven with the light on, a styrofoam cooler, or a warm cupboard. Handle it as little as possible till then. Check the yogurt in 7-8 hours to see if it has reached a thick, custardy consistency. To determine the thickeness of the yogurt, tilt the bowl or jar to see if it holds together. If not, keep it a little longer, checking often. As soon as it has reached the proper consistency, cover and refrigerate. It will firm up a bit more when chilled. If it's allowed to incubate too long, it can become very sour. Save a tablespoon to serve as starter for the next batch. For flavor and variety, add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, or any flavor of jam or fruit puree. It'll keep for 7 days.
  • mintymalonemintymalone PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    We're going to make yogurt for our Lab. Hopefully, it will turn out well.